Becoming a Father made me start thinking

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inevitable

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a 33 year old man that started thinking about things a little differently when I became a father. All of a sudden I started to think what if and it all just seems to likely to ignore ALL OF IT. One thing is for sure, to think nothing will ever happen is ridiculous. So, with in the last couple of months I started doing a little R&D about those things that one should have around for the just in case. I am not bugging, my home is primarily concrete so I will stay and fight if ever need be. I'm not prepping for the end of the world, if it is going to end, I don't think one could be prepped enough. So I thought I would join the group in hopes to find some people with a few pointers for a beginning prepper.

Welcome aboard! I am a pretty new prepper myself! and it looks like your from Indiana as well WHOOhoo go Hoosiers lol
Lots of great people and great advise.... the more questions you ask the better...its a really great site!

Welcome aboard.

If it helps, I think of preps in categories.

Most important = Water. If you don't have a replenishable supply, then you need to store it.
Next = Food. There are a lot of foods that keep for YEARS if stored right (rice, beans, dry pasta, mashed potato flakes). If you have a relative or friend who home cans, those last for a LONG time.
Next = Any needed medicines, etc. for existing medical conditions of any in your family. Overseas may be good for getting a surplus of medications for stockpiling.
Finally = Firearm and Ammo. The biggest threat in the loss of society is your fellow humans who are now hungry, desperate (and smart) animals.
Everything else is really just for quality of life, but these will be the necessities.

Hey all,

I am a 33 year old man that started thinking about things a little differently when I became a father. All of a sudden I started to think what if and it all just seems to likely to ignore ALL OF IT. One thing is for sure, to think nothing will ever happen is ridiculous. So, with in the last couple of months I started doing a little R&D about those things that one should have around for the just in case. I am not bugging, my home is primarily concrete so I will stay and fight if ever need be. I'm not prepping for the end of the world, if it is going to end, I don't think one could be prepped enough. So I thought I would join the group in hopes to find some people with a few pointers for a beginning prepper.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back