Beards

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Percentage of beards per prepper

• Have beard

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Don't have

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
After all this chatter about correctly fitting face masks it has got me thinking. I suspect the prepper folk (male at least) would have a far higher percentage of beards per population than the general public. From a quick search it looks like about 50/50 in Europe, a bit higher world wide and surprisingly lower in the USA.

normally I think in the UK its the older generation with the beards, younger people those still working have to have the "corporate" look which is clean shaven, suited and booted, some "hipster" beards are appearing but they wouldn't be much obstacle to a mask as they are little more than "5 oclock shadow".

After all this chatter about correctly fitting face masks it has got me thinking. I suspect the prepper folk (male at least) would have a far higher percentage of beards per population than the general public. From a quick search it looks like about 50/50 in Europe, a bit higher world wide and surprisingly lower in the USA.

Nup I equate beards with ZZ Topz, Badass Bikers, Mountain men, Bums and religion of assorted flavours, being ex military I like to be clean shaved and short hair. There is a current fashion among millenials in the UK to be basically hypergroomed to a point they look like Ken, B barbies boyfriend, My kids and their university chums all also like to be clean shaved short hair.
Rylan-Clark-Neal.jpg

During hunting season I grow a full beard for camouflage and warmth, but the rest of the year I have a circle beard with a "fashionable" amount of stubble. Shaving irritates my skin. I can't use a razor at all and have to use an electric shaver. I have trimmed it to where none of the beard reaches the outside edges of a respirator.

I've had a beard since age 17.im 61 now.thats 41 years of having it.i can count on both hands how many time's I trimmed it back.even then.i took a razor to it.2 or 3 times.but as for removing it to wear a mask.yes i will shave it off.and i'll grow it back.if a time comes where i don't need to wear a mask.

no way am I even trimming my beard, I started growing it after my mothers funeral in 1985 and I swore then I would never cut it.
this obsession with masks is okay if someone lives in a big city, but I don't I live in the remotest part of England with a very low population and if this virus gets here, it hasn't so far , I am going into total isolation not wandering about wearing a mask, gloves and goggles like some extra from Dr.Who.
actually, although I do have some masks, I think i'd be better off wearing a bandana as it will cover more of my face.

Last edited:
like to keep it long enough the be able to put it like this, cheeks klean. besides when I take my uniform and we stand in formation it looks good ;)
product_thumb.php

Latest posts

Back