Quantcast

Bear Grylls

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
if you guys havent seen this guy yet check him out hes an ex special forces showning how to survive in the extreme and does everything he says even eats live bugs ect on camera to show that its safe bear grylls

Hades

.......I AM
Reaction score
The only problem I see is he takes chances based on his experience that the average bloke shoulnt even think about.
like he is alone "not actually" but he climbs down a cliff face to get somewhere faster.
In realworld someone needs to measure thier knowledge, evaluate a safer route, then act accordingly.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
ye but i supose if you was in those situations u should be quite experienced to do the things you do he is quite realistic thou when there is something he cant doi he wont do it

Fordrocks1986

Reaction score
Lol that guy is such a fake look a surviver man he's the real deal. Look up bear grylls is a fake on you tube lol he does not even go that far off the road to shoot his show.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
prsonally, i like shows like "mountain men" and such, i also watch "Duel Survivors" as well.
it doesnt matter how fake it is really, as long as they show a propper way of doing it, IMHO.

booter360

Reaction score
Funny as i read this post im watching Les Stroud the survivor man. LOL!

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
i supose each person has there own survival fave but what you americans have to understand is we british dont have extrem conditions in the uk only when we venture of this island so it isnt going to be as extreme to what yours will be but personaly i like him each to there own gents!

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
well, ill tell ya what, ive seen an episode of Bear Gryllis where he cleans off a seed or something, that was in a pile of bear shit, anyone thats willing to do some crazy shit like is a "survivor" in my book!

btpmedic

Jr Member
Reaction score
Bear is a legend in the UK. :D
Read his book a few months ago.
Worth a look at if you get hold of a copy.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
even if hes doen the show right next to the road, the things ive seen that guy do tells me hes a crazy SOB.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
i think theres crazy to surviva and the over crazy you need to know were the line is and when not to cross it you'd have to ask you self in extreme circumstances could you eat bug to live or would you wuss out and starve

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Well my take on it is, I think you need to know limits. Get outdoors as much as possible, do some bouldering, work with ropes and use your gear. Knots are super important, but there are only a few needed for climbing and repelling. In a bug out situation I think some climbing and rope handling are paramount. I can send you guys some stuff on knots if you like.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I for one have never been a fan of his since he really isn't alone. he is followed by a camera crew, and i am sure a medic/emt isn't far behind.
Plus he does things that he is professionally trained to do. I wouldn't dare try half of what he does.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
I for one have never been a fan of his since he really isn't alone. he is followed by a camera crew, and i am sure a medic/emt isn't far behind.
Plus he does things that he is professionally trained to do. I wouldn't dare try half of what he does.
Ditto

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
lol, if he wasnt trained, he wouldnt have a film crew.
thats kinda the point behind the show, dont ya think?