Bear Gryills

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know much about bear grylles or whoever he is but someone gave me three of those knives with his name on them about a year ago. The review is.... they sucked....worst piece of steel marketed as U.S. steel. The handles I would give an eighty out of one hundred grade.thin light and strong. Sometimes kinda pinches your hand with the small one. Nice grip and I loved the orange. Easy to see when you lay it down. The blades the worst tempering job ever on a knife remotely close to this price range.( mine were free) the edges rolled if you tried to flatten the angle more than a cold chisel. They were so bad I had swore off gerber forever. I thought they had moved their manufacturing to china or something. Maybe I ll give them another chance.......sorry Colt

so what would be good inexpensive knives? a blade that is 2-4 inches for around 15-25 bucks or less?

You ought to take someone elses word for it. I dont really buy knives. So these guys would know whats out there or not. Alot would depend on what you ll use it for and just how specialized it is for that objective. Im a steel freak as you can tell. Bit define what you are expecting to do with it in clear terms and let them tell you about what they know

The true answer is you get what you pay for and I don't believe that going cheap on a knife makes any sense. There are some great knifes for relatively nothing but all in all you should expect to pay 50 to 100 dollars for a decent folding knife. I know others will disagree however, I doubt they have my experience with bladed objects. I can show you some good fixed blade knife for ok price like 30 to 60 dollars but any less like bud k or united stuff I wouldn't trust my life with. For example this is a great fix blade for around 25 dollars if you look it up on amazon or ebay.

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/80PGTK/G_I_TANTO_W_SECURE-EX_SHEATH.aspx

By the way this is considered one of the most brutal knife testers on the web!!!

Do you use them for anything else. Like a machete or cutting trees or do you pretty well keep them in reserve.. I always liked the feel of that weight forward design and it doesnt deflect the energy aside on impact. They just seem to.... lack the grace of other weight distributions on the classics. But n real circumstances do you ever try to change your strike in midstream? You seam to have some training here sir. Maybe an interesting thread also

The machete is light enough to do the fake or half swing. I use them plenty in the woods here on my property. They work better than the standard Latin ones.

If thats the inside..... thats nice. Some have the handles that are made for chinese hands and i can fit three fingers on the grip.having something made for normal people would be nice.

I am very hairy bill and I take offense to the poo throwing comment... I got over that years ago. o_O

Latest posts

Back