Batteries??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica Ann

Reaction score
I've seen some people with lots of car batteries & wind or solar powered chargers.What would be the best use and I guess most feasible use for them?

I've alwase went with solar power but in the event of low light coming through it wou
D be good to also have wind and as far as charging goes hooking ceveral car battries together would do the trick.

What do you power with it?
I was wondering what people use the charged batteries to power?

you can hook them to small lights that are in your underground bunker.
i persinaly would use them to start my bug out vehicle or my bug in atvs.

I see looks interesting & the solar powered ones I looked at are less expensive

we use a small 12 volt charger like on a deer feeder or power gate to charge rechargable flashlight batteries aaa,aa,c,d,9 volt,and cr123s kinda comes in real handy to always have hot batteries. I think those little panels cost about 40 or 50 bucks. p.s. dont loan out your rechargable batteries, they never find their way home, kinda like a book or movie.

That's a good idea I actually have one on a privacy gate and a smaller one on an electric fence in my backyard I never thought about using them for that

i plan to use car battery's to run lights and some small potable electric heaters in the winter, and on really sunny days i might even use an inverter and a car battery to use my PC. and with solar panels and a small wind turbine to keep them charged.

i would suggest trying to get some deep cycle battery's for solar. Car battery's are meant to deliver a lot of power for a short period of time and will die quickly if you discharge them and recharge them very many times. When or if you buy solar panels the lower the amps/watts the longer it will take for your battery's to charge. Don't get to large of a battery for your solar panels or else you will destroy your battery quickly with out it getting recharged. Also Running a electric heater uses a lot of power and i would suggest not trying to run them. i have 15 amps of solar panels and two 114 amp hour battery, i can bearly run my 600 watt electric heater for more then a few minutes with out completely discharging my battery's.

Latest posts

Back