Basic folding knives

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another informative video; keep 'em coming Ronin!

Also, you should reach out to Cold Steel because surely they owe you for all this free advertising haha, I have three CS blades because of you.

I've practiced with both of my daily carry folders for throwing. A knife that small translates into short range for me at least but "short range" is still better than "arms length" when it comes to keeping an opponent at bay.

Definitely makes me feel better about throwing any of my folders just in case. Lol in that situation I really don't care if the damn thing breaks in half as long as I get that distraction out of my opponent but hey it's good to know I'll get 105 throws and they'll be as strong as ever. Lol. And that rajah 2 sticks with a vengeance. Kinda want to throw mine thorn style to see how well it sinks!!

One thing I have noticed about tactical folders with pocket clips is the clip is on the wrong end I have a several from diferant manufactures including Cold Steel I like to use the clip if Im wearing gloves or working on somthing and dont want to reach in my pocket also if Im wearing Tac gear and can't get to my pants pocket . Most have the clip on the front or blade end of the knife and you have to pull it with your index finger for it to be pointing in the right direction If the clip is on the back or pommel end you can catch the clip with your little finger and its pointing the right direction when you flip the blade out . The only one I have like that is a Gerber of all things I carry it to work so If I lose it or break it I wont mis it but would like a good quality tactical folder to carry with my other gear . Does Cold Steel make one with the clip on the back of the handle ?

Most cold steel open on the opposite of the blade side.
ak 47.jpg
counter point.jpg
recon 1.jpg
talwar.jpg

You wont be sorry. It's a very sturdy knife. If going with it as a survival/utility EDC I recommend the spear point. If it's to be used as a back up fighter then Tanto point. I don't recommend serrated for either only because its a B to get into the tiny serration pattern cold steel uses.

I like the plain edge only but often have to settle for partial serrated edge .
For every day use and task I like folders only carry my fixed blades if "out in the field".

I like the plain edge only but often have to settle for partial serrated edge .
For every day use and task I like folders only carry my fixed blades if "out in the field".

A lot of the the folders I've seen tended to be partial serrated clip point, not very useful out in the field (away from the city and vehicle) since I use mainly use drop point blade but this picture from Roninsensei really looks appealing for a folder!
talwar.jpg

Been looking online and I think thats the CS Voyger that NR had mentioned too .
I like the spear and bowie type blades for field use I can even use them like the traditional skinner type blades just watch the point when rolling the blade . The point comes in handy if you need to make a hole in something to tie to or other reasons that you otherwise would need a awl for .

Latest posts

Back