Banking restrictions?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen their local banks becoming more restrictive regarding access to your money?

I'm not just talking about ATMs, and a few hundred dollars here & there. I'm talking about bigger amounts, 5-6-7 digit moneys. Yes, they all require notifying the feds because of the $10k limit. I did a sub-$10k transfer this past week with no issues. But did a 6-figure transfer, and 'there were problems'. Not sure if this was a single glitch, but a friend had something similar also happen. The fed is printing money at full blast, what would be their reason for slowing things down? My spidey-senses are going off. Anyone else seeing this?

I took 5k out at the beginning of this mess and had to sign papers. I believe the banks were afraid of a run on cash as there is no rule for less than 10k. The papers said the banks are safe and there was no reason to pull cash out.

I took $16,800 out January 14th, the bank manager had to get the money, I don't remember signing anything other than the withdraw slip, the manager ask what the money was for I told him personal business, the manager said he was going to give me some banking advice and that was digitize the receipts and hang on to it for ten years and try to give the bank 24 hour notice before withdrawing that much money out. The only problem I had was paying cash for the horse trailer.

Edited
forgot to add, I couldn't use the drive through, I had to go in.

We took a substantial amount out of savings when everything started to lock down. There were no issues, and we didn't have to sign anything. We were probably well under the limit.

Latest posts

Back