Bandanas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietH3art

Reaction score
I have a couple of bandanas. From spending a lot of time on the back of a bike over the years, I know they are good for putting around my neck when it gets a bit chilly, cleaning off my glasses, wiping my hands and other simple things. I never would have thought of the rest of these 30 uses for a bandana.

http://survivalathome.com/30-ways-use-bandana/

So you'll never have a use for a bandana again, guys? I'm pretty sure there are a few things that the bandana will do better and with as little space as it takes, why would you completely replace it instead of just adding something else?

Yes, I had to go look that up just to make sure the shemagh was what I thought it was. Much larger than a bandana and serves a few of the same purposes but in many ways is not as handy as a bandana. So the title of this post is Bandanas and my point was to show all of the ways they can be used.

5- Head covering – can be tucked underneath a hat to use as neck protection in the sun

i've used bandanas for this..but i have one pinned to the backside of my straw hat.

What can a bandana do that a shemagh can't? And to keep this on topic they are the bandana of the middle east! lol

My pockets yes. Maybe not most peoples. Touche!
rofl yes Touche Ronin. I didn't take the time to look at the list of things you can do with a bandana to compare to Shemagh. The only thing I know about Shemagh is that they are the Middle Eastern headdress. And every one of my disabled veteran clients would refuse to use it for that reason alone. How much bigger are they than a bandana, anyway? And what can you do with one of them that you can't do with a bandana?

have them both...like them both..lost one shemagh somewhere along the line,propably left in on the ferry to Tallinn

index4.jpg
index5.jpg
index6.jpg

The dimensions are 40 inches by 40 inches.

You can cover your entire head and face with one. They work better as a filter. You can use one to create a shade area for yourself. the list of all bandana uses gets bigger with shemaghs.

View attachment 3301 View attachment 3302 View attachment 3303

The dimensions are 40 inches by 40 inches.

You can cover your entire head and face with one. They work better as a filter. You can use one to create a shade area for yourself. the list of all bandana uses gets bigger with shemaghs.
When I was providing service dogs to veterans disabled in Iraq or Afghanistan, they got very angry at anything Middle Eastern, which may be part of my own reasoning for feeling distaste at the thought of using one. Perhaps I shall make my own creation out of some of the many pieces of fabric that I have acquired for my quilting. I do have a hem roller attachment for my sewing machine. I'll make it 45 by 45 and come up with a new name for it!

Latest posts

Back