Bad news for meatless meat...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16 years and my Tundra has been in the shop once that wasn't an oil or tire change. And that was my fault, I bent the drive shaft. It has not had an easy life...

We need diesel engines and tacoma doesn't provide that option. My 1999 F350 7.3 has never been in the shop...lol. They don't build 'em like they used to.

I bought my 1997 F250 4x4 460 ci V-8 new. Its never been in the shop. Throughout much of my working career i was in charge of all fleets; light, medium and heavy duty equipment. Which included all maintence and decision making for fleet replacement. I choose Ford for all light duty vehicles in the US. I had a replacement plan of 5 years for light duty vehicles. We seldom had problems with our Ford fleet, except for problems caused by stupid operators.
In Russia and Kazakhstan our LDV's were Toyota. We had more problems with the Toyotas than with the Fords.
In Afghanistan our LDV'S were Ford Ranger 4x4s with diesel engines. They were made in Thailand, can't get them in the US, such a shame. Some of the fleets that I was responsible for totaled over 10,000 vehicles. Most maintenance problems are a result of the operator, not necessarily the quality of the vehicle.

Last edited:
For 10 years, I drove a Landcruiser. We sold it to a guy that is making it into a fancy off roader. 22 years and 256k it was a good vehicle. I just couldn’t drive distances with it, too uncomfortable for me.
I love my Ram with a Cummins. Can drive all day and even sleep in the back seat.
My wife bought an older FJ and that is comfortable for me to drive once we beefed up the suspension.
Car I have owned the longest is my Boxster, just too expensive to fix. I did get 9 years out of a 15k used car.

Whoever wants to eat worms, can. Whoever wants to drive an EV, can. I'll continue eating meat, and driving gas and diesel vehicles.
I'm sick of people trying to take control over our lives.
I agree, they should mind their OWN business and keep their ideas and morals OUT OF MINE!!!!

Uh oh! I'm in trouble... have a Honda accord..2007 model! Been hanging on to that car for dear life. Never had a najor mechanical problem out of it until few months ago, leaking oil and starts smoking bad within 30 seconds. I haven't driven it in several months, procastinating to get it checked out and I have alternate vehicle to drive. Finally got mechanic to look at it last week. His shop is close and he came by to prevent me towing it. said I'm better off selling it out for junk at this point! Headgasket. I loved that car and am in denial I need to junk it! I'm not up for buying new car due to so expensive makes me ill, and used prices are outrageous too. I guess I'll be driving the dodge mini van for a while longer.

This whole go meatless thing is nasty.
Soy interferes with hormone production.
Vegan diets do not provide supplemental collagen (which breaks down into several anti-oxidants in the system) to aging bones, joints, muscle and skin, exacerbating things like osteoarthritis, heart issues, osteoporosis, loss of muscle mass not to mention some evidence that eating a diet high in natural collagen, keeps you looking younger.
I could go on and on....

There is no substitute for consuming foods that are natural to our evolution and there is no science that can create in a lab something "better".

Uh oh! I'm in trouble... have a Honda accord..2007 model! Been hanging on to that car for dear life. Never had a najor mechanical problem out of it until few months ago, leaking oil and starts smoking bad within 30 seconds. I haven't driven it in several months, procastinating to get it checked out and I have alternate vehicle to drive. Finally got mechanic to look at it last week. His shop is close and he came by to prevent me towing it. said I'm better off selling it out for junk at this point! Headgasket. I loved that car and am in denial I need to junk it! I'm not up for buying new car due to so expensive makes me ill, and used prices are outrageous too. I guess I'll be driving the dodge mini van for a while longer.
If you have an automotive trade school nearby, you might work out some kind of deal, where the students handle the repair (you of course pay for parts) and you donate something to the students /school. Just a thought.

If you have an automotive trade school nearby, you might work out some kind of deal, where the students handle the repair (you of course pay for parts) and you donate something to the students /school. Just a thought.

Another option is to find someone automotive savvy and head to the junk yard and scavenge the parts you need for pennies on the dollar.

It was only valued at about maybe 3,500 before this happened and it only has 138k miles on it and it's 15 yrs. Old. Im told it needs new motor for windshield wipers too. Since I started working from home 2 yrs ago, I never go anywhere from Monday to friday...back in the day I traded vehicles about every 2-3 yrs. Without batting an eye. Arrghh..

It was only valued at about maybe 3,500 before this happened and it only has 138k miles on it and it's 15 yrs. Old. Im told it needs new motor for windshield wipers too. Since I started working from home 2 yrs ago, I never go anywhere from Monday to friday...back in the day I traded vehicles about every 2-3 yrs. Without batting an eye. Arrghh..
Feel your pain. Car I truly loved and paid 15k and drove for 9 years. Would cost me 10k plus for the motor.
Been hanging on to it with hope of electric conversion kit. It would be ideal for one being a mid engine.
There are a lot of rollers out there. As soon as I get rid of it, someone will come out with one.
Someone did one, but I won’t put a Leaf POS stuff into a high end sportscar.
There comes a time when you got to let go. When I decide to let go, I might have a Porsche seat on my tractor.

I went meatless for six weeks in the 1980s with DW.
Tofu is okay if you put it in a dry rub, but I do not like a lot of soybeans.
I never eat fake meat, it like condemning nude beach & then wearing a itty bitty bathing suit on the beach.
If it is wrong, then why make something that a lot like it.

Last edited:
I went meatless for six weeks in the 1980s with DW.
Tofu is okay if you put it in a dry rub, but I do not like a lot of soybeans.
I never eat fake meat, if like condemning nude beach & then wearing a itty bitty bathing suit on the beach.
If it is wrong, then why make something that a lot like it.
I agree, SC here too!!

Latest posts

Back