Average American savings

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....McCain beat Trump? Then Trump couldn't even win when McCain was dead?

A miserable prick by the name of John McCain is what happened to it. The promise was within reach but this "never Trump" hack saw it as more important to go back on his word to repeal it rather than give Trump a win. In his own words after casting his vote, "Let's see Trump make America great again now!" He didn't represent our interests at all, just his own little vindictive ones.

True delusion is not accepting facts and clear figures when they're presented to you. Clear delusion is adhering to a false paradigm when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Trump rode Obama's recovery wave. A chimp in the White House would have had the same effect by just keeping the Oval Office chair warm.
you have made the ignore list

True delusion is not accepting facts and clear figures when they're presented to you. Clear delusion is adhering to a false paradigm when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Trump rode Obama's recovery wave. A chimp in the White House would have had the same effect by just keeping the Oval Office chair warm.
Explain to me exactly how Obama's policies helped businesses, I mean other than the ones getting favors.

I wish my paycheck went up as fast as the national debt.

B3B909CA-3538-42B2-82E2-F264583B4A33.gif

I agree with a lot of what parahunter said, and I need to work on being more tolerant of others opinions too. Believing we are in a free country means we are all free to believe in whatever we want. I don’t see the logic of a lot here but that’s ok. I believe my way is right for me, but don’t pretend to think I know what’s right for anyone else.

Reminds me of Biden giving a speech and tells folks how America can get out of debt, he says "we need to spend more", he reiterates this a couple of times in that speech. Thanks Joe, I'll just go out and max out my credit cards and I'll be debt free. Sad thing is people ate it up.

This was years ago but I still remember it as the stupidest thing I ever heard!

Last edited:
Reminds me of Biden giving a speech and tells folks how America can get out of debt, he says "we need to spend more", he reiterates this a couple of times in that speech. Thanks Joe, I'll just go out and max out my credit cards and I'll be debt free. Sad thing is people ate it up.

This was years ago but I still remember it as the stupidest thing I ever heard!

And Sleepy Joe is now going to use that failed theory as his economic policy. Lord help us!

best thing a prepper can do is to get out of debt, what most people dont realise is that debt has to be paid back eventually even if its on your deathbed.
My thoughts on debt are you are paying interest on it. If you’re patient and buy with cash then you keep more of your hard earned income. Having more money means you can have and do more in life like travel, collecting dust collectors, eat better, etc. I don’t care about money, I care about the necessities and luxury things it can give me. Debt is also stressful. Who needs that kind of stuff to worry about each month. It’s a great feeling to look at your paycheck and think, what would I like to do with this vs how do I stretch this thing out to cover all my bills.

I wish my paycheck went up as fast as the national debt.

B3B909CA-3538-42B2-82E2-F264583B4A33.gif
This debt clock is about 7 Trillion out of date, in only one year! Now that's what I call exponential growth. At his rate the US will will implode in no time and the inflation coming in the months and years ahead will be unbelievable.

You shouldn't put money in the bank. It will only inflate to nothing now. Or worse, the government could decide Wall Street needs another bail out only what they do this time would be a "bail in" and take half or all your savings money and give it away. This is exactly what happened in Crete a few years ago.

Day to day expenses, fine. But real savings are now just a target. I know. I have insurance money which I need to invest and am having trouble doing so --- so I am the target.

the average Brit dosent have savings they have debt.
and the average debt(last time I checked) was around £15,000 thats not including mortgage or rent arrears.
thats why when anyone loses their job they are straight round to the food bank because of course they have no food put back either.

I truly don’t worship money like most people in the world seem to do. I do really like the sense of security I have from knowing I can handle life’s emergencies though. Like needing a new roof, transmission, or job loss, etc. By the way, these things aren’t emergencies, they are called expected maintenance and should be planned for. If your not saving some of your income, even if it’s only a little, your setting yourself up for failure.

You shouldn't put money in the bank. It will only inflate to nothing now. Or worse, the government could decide Wall Street needs another bail out only what they do this time would be a "bail in" and take half or all your savings money and give it away. This is exactly what happened in Crete a few years ago.

Day to day expenses, fine. But real savings are now just a target. I know. I have insurance money which I need to invest and am having trouble doing so --- so I am the target.
I've heard that the banks are talking about charging negative interest rates on savings accounts. I generally only keep about 12 months worth of expenses in savings, and another 12 months buried in a box. Everything thing else is invested. If the banks ever do start charging interest on savings I'll close out my accounts.

Latest posts

Back