Austin & BLM

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
This is going to get interesting, I've heard this from two separate & reliable sources.

Apparently BLM is bussing in tons of 'paid protesters'. The city has banned the police from using normal riot-control methods such as tear gas & bean bags & rubber bullets. BLM is taking that as a friendly sign to come in & go crazy.

One of my sources said that Austin police are reaching out to any 'groups' in the area to come stand between BLM & cops. The problem is that cops basically can't defend themselves (see above), and are hoping that patriots/citizens who can do such things will 'protect them'. I've gotten calls to protect the police, but in a very different way! Who in there right mind will go and protect Austin, the heart of Sodom & Gomorrah? And with how Austin is, they'd arrest me for protecting the cops! But I'm expecting Austin to turn into Portland fairly quickly. Which reminds me, I need to modify my cattle guard on the truck so these idiots can't hang on to it. Anyone have any suggestions, other than shooting them off the hood?

This is my region, central Texas. I do go to Austin every few months or so for business. It keeps getting more real...

This is going to get interesting, I've heard this from two separate & reliable sources.

Apparently BLM is bussing in tons of 'paid protesters'. The city has banned the police from using normal riot-control methods such as tear gas & bean bags & rubber bullets. BLM is taking that as a friendly sign to come in & go crazy.

One of my sources said that Austin police are reaching out to any 'groups' in the area to come stand between BLM & cops. The problem is that cops basically can't defend themselves (see above), and are hoping that patriots/citizens who can do such things will 'protect them'. I've gotten calls to protect the police, but in a very different way! Who in there right mind will go and protect Austin, the heart of Sodom & Gomorrah? And with how Austin is, they'd arrest me for protecting the cops! But I'm expecting Austin to turn into Portland fairly quickly. Which reminds me, I need to modify my cattle guard on the truck so these idiots can't hang on to it. Anyone have any suggestions, other than shooting them off the hood?

This is my region, central Texas. I do go to Austin every few months or so for business. It keeps getting more real...

I've heard the same thing.

Have a couple cans of wasp & hornet spray in your vehicle, its very aimable, shoots 20+ feet, is very toxic, but non lethal.

Last edited:
Which reminds me, I need to modify my cattle guard on the truck so these idiots can't hang on to it. Anyone have any suggestions, other than shooting them off the hood?

Yes Anti Vandal paint, it is a non drying, non setting coating that you put atop of fences or walls to stop people climbing over, its filthy stuff and takes forever to wash off the skin and ruins clothing. Another option is axle grease.

Rellgar, why on earth would I want to use non-lethal weapons? If I am being threatened, I will use all force necessary to stop them.

Bill, who knows when I'll run into BLM? I'm not wanting to mess up my truck if I don't have to. It's not like I can stop, grease up the guard, then get back in & drive through them! But, if SHTF, then those might not be bad ideas to put on the vehicle.

My suggestion is just stay out of Austin if you can and try to do business in a location BLM will not be. I can only assume they will mainly be located down town somewhere near the capital or 6th street? Watch out if you have to park under whatever that overpass is and walk. . . No way in hell!

actually a great opportunity to teach ANTIFA a good lesson - if they are busing in the majority of that riot that means they are vulnerable to the home team - a militia group that wants to go on the offense most likely has a wide open opportunity - doubt if ANTIFA has the least bit of defense on their rear or flanks ....

someone could eazily disable or destroy entirely their transportation - ANTIFA has been using vans to bring in riot materials - operatives disguised as ANTIFA could cause all kinds of havoc by mixing into the crowd ....

IF i was thinking of ways to keep people from grabbing a hand hold on my cattle grill in a SHTF situation, i might be tempted to use one or more of these methods. But only in a SHTF scenario. Do not try this at home (Disclaimer).
Cattle Grill options:
Anti-Vandal paint (great idea Bill)
Moly Lube (Aerosol grease / dries mostly hard but will resist ability to hold a grip)
Wrap with barbed wire
Wrap with concertina razor wire
Flat iron with fish hooks welded to it ( attach with zip ties/ hose clamps/ or tack weld)( use salt water hooks)
Install electrical fence wire/ hook power unit to an extra 12 V battery wired in with primary 12 V battery, and install a toggle switch in dash for activation/ deactivation.

Again, only do this in a SHTF scenario. Do not try this at home (Disclaimer).

the little azzhole ANTIFAs & BLMers better get used to the shooting >>> going to get worse - could be a major major major mass shooting one of these BS marches & road blockings ...

you show up waving a gun among a mass of shouting azzholes banging on people's cars & bizness windows >>> get ready to take the consequences - any fellow little azzholes nearby also - people are sick & tired of the bullshit ....

My husband and I both went to UT and never found it to be "weird" then. But we were moderates back then: liberal-thinking on some issues; conservative on others. We actually considered going back to Austin to live one day, after retiring. Aging and maturity moved us both to full-blown conservative thinking now. We took a camping trip to Austin to "check it out" real estate wise in the 90's and came away, looking at each other after just a week there, "NO WAAAAAY! could we ever live there again" Don't like Austin AT ALL anymore. So honestly, nothing ever surprises me now about Austin when they hit the evening news. They wanted to "Keep Austin Weird" and man, have they ever succeeded in that goal since the 70's. Think it'll end up like Portland, Seattle and Minneapolis of late. I don't wish that chaos on anyone, not even the residents of Austin, but it's a fact............you get what you've voted into office the last 40 years.

I think they adopted the British (and our Natural Grocers and Aldi's) approach to environmental concerns and saving labor costs regarding bags and baggers. Bag it yourself and bring your own bags in. At least the Brits (when we were there in 1980) would bag them and charge you 2p for the plastic bag(s) if you forgot yours. Austin has just taken that up a notch is all. They don't manufacture/provide them at all. Seriously they have taken things to the extreme IMPO.

Sounds right Doc. I didn't remember the details. But I did the same thing as you, years back I had to go to Austin for something, and stopped at a store to pick up a few other misc items. Leaving, I asked "do you have bags?" and got the 'look' and the explanation and was offered a stupid thing for $1 each. Not that Austin is close enough to go shopping there, but the once or twice a year that I need to make the trek over there, I don't stop anywhere I don't have to.

Sure, now you can get bags. But the past several years, every time I've gone, the whole city looks like a giant homeless camp. No thank you.

Latest posts

Back