ATV experts needed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trihonda

Reaction score
My wife texted me suggesting we get an ATV for our up north adventures. Lots of great trails, and the entire county where our cabin is lives around ATV use (every bar and store has ATV parking). When asking my buddies up north about ATVs the only advice I got was that ATVs are scarce and there’s extremely low inventory, which means used ATVs are selling for a premium and selling almost as fast as they’re listed. There’s no new inventory That I’ve found. One local shop up north had a consignment come in, a 2015 Wildcat Sport XL with 4K miles.. they’re asking $8k, but they sold for $13k new. They’re holding it until Monday, because we know the shop owner...

anyone have any advice? Specific experience with these ATVs? the wife actually is leaning towards wanting a two person sit on ATV, not a side by side, but those are even more rare..

now, this is only part of the consideration, but this might be one of those preps for getting ing around my BOL...

743E29F6-ACB1-4F18-9A47-76C2DC5D6953.jpeg
2BEFA984-A2BD-4B85-AE7C-C59BDCE62028.jpeg
48EDB584-48DA-4033-B51D-1D1CD13CACC6.jpeg

Well, I bought a 2008 Chinese ATV, 800cc, 3 cylinders. Not exactly the same high quality vehicle as a Yamaha, Suzuki, et.al. but I was happy with it. Price was around half of a equivalent Japanese model, so that was the selling point.

we know Arctic Cat doesn’t have as good a rep as say Polaris does, but there was literally nothing else available at a decent price. Other used machines we looked at sold in hours or listing.

Our thoughts are it might not be THE best option, but it's the available option... AND we figure we could ride this for a season, get our feet wet, see what we like and don't like, and then maybe next year look at an upgrade.

Dirt bikes and dual sport bikes are fun in the woods too. I sold my four wheeler because it couldn't go to where my bikes could. My main goal was to be able to setup camp in an area where I couldn't hear four wheelers making a racket. I camp and hunt in the high valleys and peaks, while the four wheelers are restricted to low valleys and run game in my direction.
Got nothing against four wheelers. I've replaced the stock RRs on my bikes with the series versions used on Polaris four wheelers. Great components.

Latest posts

Back