Attack or Retreat?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Police departments in general seem to advise the average citizen to be passive when confronted by criminals. If you’re being robbed at knifepoint/gunpoint, law enforcement wants you to do exactly what the thugs want you to do. Their theory is “Give them what they want. Nothing is worth your life.” My philosophy is the same as General Patton’s, “Attack, attack, attack!”

How would you respond?

it depends... No, seriously...

I mean, I never advocate someone get into a car of someone who has you at gunpoint. Never! If they're gonna shoot you, they're gonna shoot you. Where would you rather be when shot? On a public street, or in some remote wooded area? Just run.

If someone is like "gimme your wallet" and they've got a gun on you, I'm giving up my wallet. Because the reality is even if you shoot back, the first call to your attorney will cost you more than the contents of your wallet. Pure economics. There's no room for ego in a self defense scenario.

If your life is in danger, fight like hell! Robbery situation where they've already shot and/or killed someone? Violent home invasion? Ya, there's a low probability that BOTH the robber and I are leaving the place alive. I'm hopeful I'm the one walking out. I like my odds.

Police departments in general seem to advise the average citizen to be passive when confronted by criminals. If you’re being robbed at knifepoint/gunpoint, law enforcement wants you to do exactly what the thugs want you to do. Their theory is “Give them what they want. Nothing is worth your life.” My philosophy is the same as General Patton’s, “Attack, attack, attack!”

How would you respond?
Thugs aren’t going to like what I will give them, copper plated lead.

some people carry fake wallets for just the occasion - cash and ID/credit card in pants pocket and fake out in rear pocket ....

ready with your own gun and little gamesmenship can help - off duty cop was pumping gas when two tried to rob him at the pumps - put his gunhand on his pocket pistol and other on his wallet - tossed the wallet as a distraction and shot at the same time ....

and if someone is stupid enough to bring a knife to a gun fight >>> his problem - not yours

think seriously about what we would do, we are a long time dead if we get it wrong, I always say if you are killed or seriously wounded who will look after your family? if we lived alone then no contest but others may be relying on us for survival, is the contents of our wallets worth dying for?

its a sort of Police Officer but with less powers of arrest.
they assist the Police and can deal with anti social behaviour and other community based crimes but dont have the same powers as a regular Police officer.

Last edited:
its a sort of Police Officer but with less powers of arrest.

no such thing in the US >>> cops ask you to help them - you get to carry your gun and use it ....

had a local incident a number of years ago - burglars actually broke into one of my family's biz and escaped into the weeds & crops >>> cops requested portable scene lighting from the volunteer FD - whole department plus extras showed up for the manhunt ready for action - State PD officer had a total shitfit - pity the dumbaz that would have shot at one of the searchlites ....

They are Policing on the cheap but with Police numbers falling year on year for the last decade they need all the help they can get.
PCSO's deal with community matters, they dont investigate murder or deal with rioting thats up to the regular Police.

I think that's what they wanted to do in the blue states. Kind of like sending a social worker to a call instead of an officer. Maybe the blue states are using England as a model.
When guns were taken away in England, didn't the police have theirs taken too? And then they just used batons? And then the police could have guns back, but not the people? So I'm assuming the PCSO's don't get to have a gun. Do they at least get pepper spray?

British Police arent regularly armed and PCSO's not at all, we have "Armed Response Officers" which are regular Police trained in firearms and are called upon when the situation demands it.
I'm not sure if our Police have prepper spray but they do have Tasers.

I have lived in a few large cities, one with a large MS13 presence. Visited more than a few others.
Never been robbed, or even confronted.
I am not saying it cannot happen to me. I think I practiced enough OPSEC to avoid those situations.

Latest posts

Back