Are you

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im prepping for any and all itemizing my prepping into differant disasters that to me is to complicated to think of and anyways your prepping should be for the worst case anyway that way you have the gear to make it and if it happens to be just a storm or quake ...you will have more then you need and in prepping more is always better

Im prepping for any and all itemizing my prepping into differant disasters that to me is to complicated to think of and anyways your prepping should be for the worst case anyway that way you have the gear to make it and if it happens to be just a storm or quake ...you will have more then you need and in prepping more is always better
For me earthquakes, until this last election and today's inauguration, was the worst possible situation. Now that my worst fears in a president have been realized I am reevaluating my provisions, and equipment. The ever evolving and changing world of the preppers.

Hurricanes. No job. Tropical storms.

This is what got me prepping...live near "hurricane alley" NOT having a couple of weeks of food, water and emergency lighting is a little irresponsible...then the job issue became a potential risk so since I can't put 6 months of cash in the bank, I added a few more months of food...

Also have a means to protect this "store" and everything costs a lot more today, then it did a year or two ago...

agian relying on the govrt backed institutions is not a good idea, even today there are banks not reopened in the LA area after katrina
how many years after it happened, If you are using a small local bank IE..town, city bank even a minor tornado would prolong you from being able to acsess you cash, Banks are not a safe prepping plan in any sinario
Please understand I am not trying to act as a know it all I am just informing fellow preppers of all the small things
I spent 10 years traveling the USA cleaning out forclosures for the banks and after Katrina I was in the area cleaning up the damage and found first hand that prepping using any technology,govrt backed industry and any type of mintality of using cash after a bug out situation is not a good plan even after Joplins tornado that I was in it took a full week before anything was open to use cash if you were in joplin you had to go to nearest town inorder to buy anything in a govrt take over or invation money will be great tolit paper and thats all I personaly train all my trainies that finding bartering iteams are a must and save your cash to when you run out of charman extra soft

agian relying on the govrt backed institutions is not a good idea, even today there are banks not reopened in the LA area after katrina
how many years after it happened, If you are using a small local bank IE..town, city bank even a minor tornado would prolong you from being able to acsess you cash, Banks are not a safe prepping plan in any sinario
Please understand I am not trying to act as a know it all I am just informing fellow preppers of all the small things
I spent 10 years traveling the USA cleaning out forclosures for the banks and after Katrina I was in the area cleaning up the damage and found first hand that prepping using any technology,govrt backed industry and any type of mintality of using cash after a bug out situation is not a good plan even after Joplins tornado that I was in it took a full week before anything was open to use cash if you were in joplin you had to go to nearest town inorder to buy anything in a govrt take over or invation money will be great tolit paper and thats all I personaly train all my trainies that finding bartering iteams are a must and save your cash to when you run out of charman extra soft

When hurricane Rita and Ike hit our area, most grocery stores ran on generators and would only accept cash. . .nothing eles. We had some cities wiped totally out in our area and we were without electricity for about 1 1/2 weeks, but fortunately, we were on the same grid that a hotel that the "Entergy clean-up crew" stayed at. In my location, most of us stayed at home and b
anned together. My husband, the police officer, had to work 12 plus works a day at that time, but my neighbor, who works for the Sherriff Department checked in frequently during that time since we were in his "beat". I had a couple "try" break-in during the time when they thought everyone had evacuated, while I was here alone, but they were scared off quickly. I'm not afraid of what-ever and can stand up for myself.

ok thats good in a small scale but in a full all out disaster fall of govrt them stores and banks will be the last places you would want to be near

We prep to simply carry on with life. Keep what we need to do so with whatever shit flies our way.

I am prepped to jut keep going with my life. I work right now but when things fall I will be prepared to keep working and growing to survive. I don't need electronics of electricity to keep alive. They did it back then we can do it now.

You can prepare for the most likely disaster scenario your area could face (based on historical data)...but the core of your preps can also be augmented for specific threats as the need arises (or as your sense of foreboding develops).

The core is shelter, water, food, defense, ammunition.

Once you have these prepps built up sufficiently, you can augment for specific fears/threats.

It isn't really ever a question of "either/or" - they can both be achieved.

I'm probably not far from Clydesdale's place.

Quakes are a serious concern here and we're 30 years overdue for a 7.8.
I took a CPR/First Aid/AED class yesterday at the Red Cross, and they mentioned that we're 30 years overdue and recommend 10 days of preps... they say a 7.8 quake will involve ground movement from 6" to 10 feet! 6", my house will survive. 10 feet movement, not even the most hardened bunkers and buildings will handle it without severe damage. all the others will collapse like a house of cards, mine included. I've got a good spade, sledgehammer and axe cached in the backyard in case I have to dig out my supplies, but if something else collapses over the cache I'd be SOL.
Personal level, quakes scare me. there's no real way to prepare for it, it just happens. maybe a small one that i feel and no one else does or a big one (largest I've felt is 4-something) and I'm suddenly scared I'm gonna die. as the office/house I'm in groans and creaks ominously like it's gonna fall down. the only preps you can do is what happens after, assuming you survived and so did the preps! it's unlike any other kind of disasters- all others have some kind of warning. tornado warning, hurricane warning, volcano warning, wildfire/forest fire visible, snow storm rolling in, etc.
I very much doubt that despite all the technology we'll ever get an announcement that everyone will hear: "8.0 quake detected, coming in 30 seconds, seek safety immediately"

The other is the usual- civil unrest, economic collapse, illegal gun grab... being in a heavily populated area the main issue will soon become "how many people you can shoot" not about how much food, water you have. because once someone figures it out you're gonna have a thousand people at your door, asking, demanding and may even be threatening you for supplies. without a doubt there will be a few people that that crowd, willing to kill you (and anyone else in their way) for a can of beans. the rest are gonna ask and if you refuse they'll just camp out there, beg you every day until you give in or run them off. and every day the crowd grows and the word spreads, eventually they'll loose their patience, may be persuaded to violence by those who intent to take it by force, and it really will be a "how many people can you shoot" situation.
The best way to avoid this is to have a BOL, but here in So Cali land/property prices aren't exactly the most affordable, it's hard enough to afford one house in a lifetime, having two (or even a few acres out of town) is out of the question.
When people are hungry it's said that they can smell food from a mile away. it would be near impossible to keep your neighbors/town/city/county unaware of your food & water stores.

Being in Minnesota, not too worried about earthquakes or tropical storms.
Tornados however can get nasty. Nothing like what ive seen in some of the
states a bit south. Economy scares me, altho i dont understand it well
enough to know how bad it is and what the future holds for it. Is it bad
because people say it is? I see people spend a ton of money all the time.

I too agree with the "how many people can you shoot" statement above. I
added weapons to my prepping. I think a mob of hungry people scares me
the most. I actually kind of hope if something does happen, its in the middle
of winter so its too cold for people to roaming the city like zombies

Latest posts

Back