Are you prepared??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seewaa

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm doing a essay for English class and I really need some input from anyone willing to share....

Basically my study is about "doomsday" prepping and about the people that who are actively preparing for the possibility of our world ending as we know it..

If you just answer the following questions as best you can it would be a tremendous amount of help. And just to be safe I will not refer to real names in my final paper

Do you think something catastrophic will happen to the world? What might that be?
What are some things you do to prepare for this occasion?
Do you live your day to day life differently relative/in relationship to prepping?(i.e set aside 5% income to supplies, buy 4 canned goods every trip @ grocery)
Do you have a specific plan to execute?
Are your family/friends aware of prepping?

Additionally any discussion about doomsday or doomsday prepping in general is welcome! Food for thought!!

Thanks for your help! :)
Nate

Additional questions may be added...

I do think something catastropic will happen in the world. My idea is that the the water supply will be endangered. It is known that air pollutants are being dropped without regard to where they are landing.
I am planning by storing bottled water. Each visit to the grocery store I buy bottled water in preparation for the time when water will not be safe to drink.
I live my life differently in that I am a "Paula Revere" because I tell everyone what I have learned that might help someone wake up to the possibility of the world being different very soon. I buy dry staples to store for a food shortage. I am getting to know all my neighbors so we can ban together and share skills and work as a team. I have joined a conceal and carry online club even though I do not own a gun. Knowing some skills from people who know weapons can educate me in many areas. I have joined this forum to learn how to get more ready for radical changes in the future. Each day I practice in my mind, living without electric and many of the conveniences I now have.
Some of my family is prepping, while other members are not. I keep information flowing to encourage prepping for those not awake yet.
Part of my contribution to prepping is freelance article writing about alternative media information that the main stream networks don't cover to the general public. Praying every night is my strongest prep since I believe God is always in control.
My plan includes to remain in my residence through as much of the changes as possible. Mild weather all year long will allow me to tolerate winter cold temperatures without heat. Frequent rainfall in my area will supply me with some drinking water with the containers I constantly catch rain water in and empty to keep fresh. Fishing is within a long walking distance for a food source.

I do think something catastropic will happen in the world. My idea is that the the water supply will be endangered. It is known that air pollutants are being dropped without regard to where they are landing.
I am planning by storing bottled water. Each visit to the grocery store I buy bottled water in preparation for the time when water will not be safe to drink.
I live my life differently in that I am a "Paula Revere" because I tell everyone what I have learned that might help someone wake up to the possibility of the world being different very soon. I buy dry staples to store for a food shortage. I am getting to know all my neighbors so we can ban together and share skills and work as a team. I have joined a conceal and carry online club even though I do not own a gun. Knowing some skills from people who know weapons can educate me in many areas. I have joined this forum to learn how to get more ready for radical changes in the future. Each day I practice in my mind, living without electric and many of the conveniences I now have.
Some of my family is prepping, while other members are not. I keep information flowing to encourage prepping for those not awake yet.
Part of my contribution to prepping is freelance article writing about alternative media information that the main stream networks don't cover to the general public. Praying every night is my strongest prep since I believe God is always in control.
My plan includes to remain in my residence through as much of the changes as possible. Mild weather all year long will allow me to tolerate winter cold temperatures without heat. Frequent rainfall in my area will supply me with some drinking water with the containers I constantly catch rain water in and empty to keep fresh. Fishing is within a long walking distance for a food source.
I must say I am very impressed! I have been changing, or should I say adding to what I am prepping for. Originally I was prepping for earthquakes as I live in California. Now i am preparing for the possibility of economic collapse, and terrorism. I have a lot of work still to do, but I already have a couple of friends that I am working with to ensure our families survival.

I must say I am very impressed! I have been changing, or should I say adding to what I am prepping for. Originally I was prepping for earthquakes as I live in California. Now i am preparing for the possibility of economic collapse, and terrorism. I have a lot of work still to do, but I already have a couple of friends that I am working with to ensure our families survival.
Learning to adapt to changes will make the drastic changes easier to handle. You are wise to plan in your area as you are too. I do believe the terrorism will come within our own. I guess that is no longer a secret with the present administration in the WH.

Learning to adapt to changes will make the drastic changes easier to handle. You are wise to plan in your area as you are too. I do believe the terrorism will come within our own. I guess that is no longer a secret with the present administration in the WH.
Very true. Oklahoma City had the rude awakening of a home grown terrorist. It is my belief that preparing for multiple types of events/scenarios will only benefit a person. God forbid this guy getting another 4 years. I don't think America could bear it.

do i think something will happen? yes, theres too many scenarios atm, all of which you can see as a forcast to our future, if you go to my welcome thread here, i joke about all of them hitting, im starting to think all hitting may not be a joke at all, most people will tell you nothings going to happen, maybe not, i cant say for a fact somethings going to happen, but they sure as hell cant say for a fact it isnt, therefor i will prep, id rather be prepared and have a chance at survival, than watch my family/friends die off cuz i did nothing
what am i doing to prep? i study and learn what i can about what has happened before, what possabilitys could happen, what i might be able to do/provide after it happens, and also im building bug-out-bags for my family, while also researching what the best idems at the best price to put in them.
do i live life differently? yes, me and the wife constantly fight about how much time im online studing and researching idems for our survival, alot of people including family members will put you down for it but they'll thank us later, some want to remain sheep and live as nothings happening, well i want to be a sheep herder and prtect my flock!
do i have a plan?im hoping to join a group, if the people in this forum lived closer thats what id call perfect. but more people to watch your/familys back the better, also with re-inhabiting a productive community.
what do my family/friends think about prepping? some are a little interested, i got my bro thinking seriously about it although what may come of it is still in the air, others could care less and would personally like me to stfu about it already
i hope this helps you or others!

do i think something will happen? yes, theres too many scenarios atm, all of which you can see as a forcast to our future, if you go to my welcome thread here, i joke about all of them hitting, im starting to think all hitting may not be a joke at all, most people will tell you nothings going to happen, maybe not, i cant say for a fact somethings going to happen, but they sure as hell cant say for a fact it isnt, therefor i will prep, id rather be prepared and have a chance at survival, than watch my family/friends die off cuz i did nothing
what am i doing to prep? i study and learn what i can about what has happened before, what possabilitys could happen, what i might be able to do/provide after it happens, and also im building bug-out-bags for my family, while also researching what the best idems at the best price to put in them.
do i live life differently? yes, me and the wife constantly fight about how much time im online studing and researching idems for our survival, alot of people including family members will put you down for it but they'll thank us later, some want to remain sheep and live as nothings happening, well i want to be a sheep herder and prtect my flock!
do i have a plan?im hoping to join a group, if the people in this forum lived closer thats what id call perfect. but more people to watch your/familys back the better, also with re-inhabiting a productive community.
what do my family/friends think about prepping? some are a little interested, i got my bro thinking seriously about it although what may come of it is still in the air, others could care less and would personally like me to stfu about it already
i hope this helps you or others!
IT is great that you study as "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind!"
Those who scoff at us for what we are doing will be the first ones trying to get us to help them when tshtf! I for one, am not "Throwing My Pearls To The Swine (Mathew 7:6).
The way I see it, someone not preparing is nothing more than natural selection weeding out the week/stupid.

Latest posts

Back