Are there any preppers in Europe!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I am hoping to get at is, how safe is this forum? I'm unwilling to discuss anything that's obviously illegal in my country. But how about things that are 'on the edge? Are you reporting people for discussing things that under certain circumstances might be deemed illegal in the country I live in? Excuse me if I seem a bit paranoid but police states have a way of doing that to a person.

I belive that we self regulate issues that are illegal,we are preppers not terrorists.
we do not encourage anyone to do illegal things and we have a very good staff here also,they soon put an end to such things.
hunting is something that are leagal in europe, only very regulated from country to country,like here in Finland and if you hunt that gives you acces to a gun.
belive this forum is far more safe that it's counterpart here in Finland.

this forum isn't the Sovjet Union or DDR..we all now that if any intel.agency wan't to take a look at some web-site they can do so,but here you'll find no such things that are criminal,and Europe still have freedom of speach

Hi from The Netherlands here. Just joined this forum yesterday so I'm still looking around and getting a feel for things.
Hi Phaelin, Theres more here then meets the eye ;P have fun, there is more useful information here then on most prepper sites.

What I am hoping to get at is, how safe is this forum? I'm unwilling to discuss anything that's obviously illegal in my country. But how about things that are 'on the edge? Are you reporting people for discussing things that under certain circumstances might be deemed illegal in the country I live in? Excuse me if I seem a bit paranoid but police states have a way of doing that to a person.

They haven't sicked the FBI or CIA on me yet for my home defense plans, so its probably mostly safe.

I think it is safe to say we don't try to get members to divulge anything that may get someone in trouble in their home country but I also believe most of the members here are under no illusion sites like this is watched and not just from US Law Enforcement officials. The judgment call is yours as to wither you want to engage in conversations that may not be appropriate in your country. We get political in some conversations though in large we are independent in thinking with a common goal of surviving whatever hits us and what it takes to survive.

I'm here to learn some new survival skills,talk about it,share tips and advice in topics I can,talking with likeminded, and as my school advances give my share of knowledge in first-aid and medicine..as I said earlier we are NOT terrorists,we are here to prep for the obstacles life has in mind for us :) ,
be it severe storms,floods,power-cuts,for some hurricanes or EQ's,possible war or pandemic or even the odd zombie apoc ;)

If I post something that would be borderline I make sure to mention its a scenario in a post SHTF Lawless time that such would take place .

Well it seems that 1 of the biggest prepper forums in Europe just called it quits.

The dutch preppers from Preppers.nl had an announcement today that they've closed the forum and called an end to it. (The Netherlands is at the northern border of Belgium and western border of Germany)

Well it seems that 1 of the biggest prepper forums in Europe just called it quits. The dutch preppers from Preppers.nl had an announcement today that they've closed the forum and called an end to it. (The Netherlands is at the northern border of Belgium and western border of Germany)

Wonder if it's fear of becoming target of both police and refugees ?

Given the current political climate in that neck of the woods.

Google translate says:

Best Preppers,

I got me the last few months kept very aloof from the Preppers community because of several incidents that have occurred both in my private life and in the community

The common thread in my life is that I want to do things that feel good and be done with passion. Dr. Prepper, Ecoprepper and I started with a wonderful adventure to get moving Netherlands and with the power of a community to put this into effect. For us, the time comes to stop the forum Preppers.nl and people who want to have their own initiatives to develop a successor to "self-reliance".

In the past four years I have been able to witness a beautiful journey with you, learned a lot and seen that every person is unique. The forum is a mirror of society and we can see that the world has a lot to learn to deal with all the problems which are now constructively.

What I learned from the community is that a network is crucial in daily life and at any dislocations in society. If we respect and empathy interact with each other is that in my view the greatest benefit for mankind.

There is still a tidy sum of ā‚¬ 739 open that have brought you together for the community pot and this I would like to convey to the managers of this pot so they can decide what it can be done.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this community and has helped me personally.

Till we meet again.

Mr. Gold Out

I dunno, I cannot really tell from the message what it was.

I think it's unrelated to the refugee crisis though. The closing of the forum seems rather sudden to everyone on it, and whilst pretty much every subject imaginable has been on there, incl the refugees, I never noticed anything that might seem problematic enough to be the source of their ending.

Given the current political climate in that neck of the woods.

my guess is what you guess Maverick,one reason I avoid my local forum,besides there are too many tin-foil hatters there ;)

here I keep a low profile,gather my stuff and relocate when ready with school.

and Cerberus,just keep prepping :) Europe needs us very soon...

yup,one of my class mates says the same about our local forum...he is a prepper too and I've been trying to recruite him to join DPF as he's been a "lurker" for some time already...he's more than worried about the situation here..

and Cerberus,just keep prepping :) Europe needs us very soon...
I will, with NATO's policies r***ng the middle east, plundering the EU (though idiotic programs like the F35 joint-Fail-fighter and asking for our assistance in illegal wars) and causing refugees to enter Europe by boatloads,
we're gonna have a tough time on our hands if we don't want to live in Europistan...

Not to mention the upcoming trade deals the un-elected officials of the EU are making on our behalf...
We're gonna be the next middle east man, the current US Administration ain't fond of us now we're mostly unified under the EU.
All that talk of a centralized EU army must have freaked them out more then they've realized.
There are also a lot of countries voting on whether to exit the EU lately and unified countries like Spain and the UK have areas that want separation as they realized where this is all going....

Seeing such a big prepper forum in the EU call it quits though is kinda a big worry...
It's precisely times like these that prepper forums are most needed.

At least here one can talk openly and not worry about reprisals, I visit several prepper sites in Europe but has to be careful of what to talk about since those sites are monitored by the powers that be so the users are very careful what the discussions are about in other words 'No Cowboys' it's a self preservation thing I guess. Also much of the discussions is about the art of Bushcraft were as its more or less hard core prepping in America thus America and Europe have that disconnect not to mention we in America tend to incorporate firearms in much of our discussions in this Country that attributes to the disconnect.

though times ahead,so do as I do..prep as you had the boogey-man after you.
I have a bad feeling about my neck of woods right now,usually we are very patient people..but when you push us over the edge..and I'm somewhat afraid that edge is close...
one thing I know about us here,we can bitch and moan like hell and it's still safe for the government,once that bithing and moaning stops and it goes silent,that's the moment I would run in the opposite direction,so I keep my eyes on various net-pages and the day they go silent,that's the day I'll start packing the rest of my stuff and relocate.

At least here one can talk openly and not worry about reprisals, I visit several prepper sites in Europe but has to be careful of what to talk about since those sites are monitored by the powers that be so the users are very careful what the discussions are about in other words 'No Cowboys' it's a self preservation thing I guess. Also much of the discussions is about the art of Bushcraft were as its more or less hard core prepping in America thus America and Europe have that disconnect not to mention we in America tend to incorporate firearms in much of our discussions in this Country that attributes to the disconnect.

A lot of the preppers I've met in Europe are members of gun clubs, you're right about the surveillance though, especially for the dutch, they have the biggest surveillance operation on their own country in all of NATO. Over the years I've seen them get very worried when people posted anything with regards to arms on their forum. But a lot of them do have them as its not that hard to get them when you don't have a criminal record.

Latest posts

Back