AR 15 for 549$

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Think what you want about bushmaster, but that is a bargain for a full built M4.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/bushmaster-orc-16m4-5-56.html#.VJm4YUAKA
I appreciate the link! I've thought a lot about getting an ar, and this price is pretty good. Anyone else out there have an opinion on the quality of this weapon? Most of my prepping has been in food production and homesteading activities, but security is probably a real important part of continuing to be able to do that.

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
Bushmaster is well built most of the AR's made by well known company's are . But Im holding out for a Ruger SR556 with the piston system .

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm probably going to pass for now. I just have too many other projects taking up any spare money right now. I really want one for security, and it will happen sooner or later, but I live in a budget. I like what Dave Ramsey says about debt. If you can't pay for it right now, you can't afford it.

Marv.Schmitz87

Reaction score
I'm probably going to pass for now. I just have too many other projects taking up any spare money right now. I really want one for security, and it will happen sooner or later, but I live in a budget. I like what Dave Ramsey says about debt. If you can't pay for it right now, you can't afford it.
I hear ya. Maybe black friday next year.

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
Iv commited to buying 2 simi auto rifles with a group of other shooters to show support for Gun Rights in 2015 . 1 Will be a AR if I can't swing a Ruger SR556 I will get a Colt ot Sig AR this coming year . I follow Dave Ramsey too so I will allocate $ for this and not spend my day to day $ on it .

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I hear ya. Maybe black friday next year.
I was kind of hoping to find a deal on a used one, but I have to admit 550 is pretty good. From what I have heard you can spend more on improving it than the cost of the rifle pretty easily. One of my sons friends has 5k in his, and has just about every upgrade you can do to one. I really just want something that has a higher capacity, and at a greater distance. Hopefully I'll never have the need for it, but as we all do here, its better to be prepared!

Latest posts