AR 15 for $440!!!!!

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Best deal ive seen so far.
I know three guys that bought them last year for 600$ They had 0 issues with the rifle and all are very satisfied.
I might go for it.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar-15-for-sale-m4-flat-top-bear-creek-ar15
Great post jim. I did a fair amount of searching for an AR, and visited the site too. I was about to buy it, but with shipping and the dealer fee that it's shipped to, I found one locally cheaper. I got the S&W AR 15 for 534.00. I really liked either one, just the local one at Georgia Gun Store was a little cheaper. This same gun, as well as all other AR's were 1200.00 not very long ago. This one also came with a thirty round clip and flip up sights. Hopefully the attempt to ban 223 ammo won't go into effect before I can stock up on some.
image.jpg

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Take it out to the range and tell us how you like it.
Range? I live in the country, my backyard is the range! I got some ammo for it but wanted to get a little more before shooting it. I do have a friend that has the exact same one and he loves it. He got a red dot scope and says it's dead on every time. The scope and some extra ammo will eat up my lunch money for a long time! Why do toys have to be so expensive? I remember the first time I saw the sights on an m16 in the army, I thought what crap. After just a little practice it was really accurate, so I may just hold off on the scope. The ammo is a little more pressing, as there's talk of banning the 223 ammo. Great timing. Anyways, mayby time to join the NRA. I'll let you know how it shoots soon, it's just got to warm up a little.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
And who is jim?
Sorry Marv, I must have been on auto pilot! I still havent shot it yet, but the weathers getting better by the day. I want to practice taking it apart before so I can clean it afterwards too. I'll let you know though. Still working on the ammo supply. Somehow the wife just dosent understand why 170.00 a box ammo is a good investment!

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Won't see any prices like that in the Communist State of Kalifornia!
Lucky you can even get that kind of pea shooter here!

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
Brent has a point, you have to figure out shipping and what your local transfer fees are going to be. Still, I would imagine that it's going to be in the running for "Best deal" either way.

These rifles have come down tremendously. I would definitely recommend stocking up before the next state sponsored gun grab comes up for a vote.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I would definitely suggest doing gun purchases prior to the November 2016 election, because Hillary never learned from her husband's playbook. Don't mess with the NRA. She's always been pretty pro-gun control.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I would definitely suggest doing gun purchases prior to the November 2016 election, because Hillary never learned from her husband's playbook. Don't mess with the NRA. She's always been pretty pro-gun control.
It's only a matter of time before they ban them one day. I am all for mental health background checks though. That alone would have stopped the last theatre shooting. I think that if you have an unstable person in your household then it may be worth restricting as well. Unfortunately, you will never stop all the crazies, and that will be the rallying cry to pass new laws one day. I just hope I never see it in my lifetime. I like the ability to defend myself on my own property.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Brent has a point, you have to figure out shipping and what your local transfer fees are going to be. Still, I would imagine that it's going to be in the running for "Best deal" either way.

These rifles have come down tremendously. I would definitely recommend stocking up before the next state sponsored gun grab comes up for a vote.
I talked top a lot of people before purchasing my AR. The consensus was, don't get a composite lower, the aircraft aluminum lasts longer. In reality, I will never shoot enough to wear out the receiver anyways, but generally agree, more durable is better. You don't need a forward assist, as the charging handle can do the job, but the dust cover is a pretty good protective device. Keeping sand and grit out when traveling thru the woods is just smart. These three things are built in and can't be as easily upgraded. There are literally thousands of 'toys' you can add later on. I personally don't care to outfit mine too much, as its allready the most versital weapon I've ever owned, but may get a fowards grip one day, just because it looks cool!

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
I don't like hanging a bunch of "Junk" on an AR, either. There are a couple things I like to have, but it's good to be able to run it without goodies, too. I am a fan of the forward assist, as I've seen it come into play in range exercises, never mind actual "Field" conditions. Dustcover, too. It's easy to let the AR add-ons snowball though. How many people I know think they need chrome lined barrels, etc... Good? Sure. Mandatory? Surely not.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't like hanging a bunch of "Junk" on an AR, either. There are a couple things I like to have, but it's good to be able to run it without goodies, too. I am a fan of the forward assist, as I've seen it come into play in range exercises, never mind actual "Field" conditions. Dustcover, too. It's easy to let the AR add-ons snowball though. How many people I know think they need chrome lined barrels, etc... Good? Sure. Mandatory? Surely not.
People tend to go crazy on their hobbies. (Me digging a 2000 dollar hole in the ground comes to mind)! What does amaze me are the kids at work. They sink tons of money into their trucks, then take them out and destroy them 4wheeling. I think that if you're well off and do that as a hobby that's one thing, but when it's your sole transportation and you're dumping your whole paycheck into it, well there's names for that kind of behavour.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Oops, almost forgot one accessory that's not optional, the scope! Yes, you can fire it pretty accurately with the peephole sights, but for distance the scope is much more accurate. So far the scope, extra 30rnd mag and a sling are all I've added.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought Hillary was pretty set to win, but now with trump doing as well as he is??? I haven't heard how he is standing on gun control. Looking forwards to the debate tomorrow.

Latest posts