aquaponics

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two 75 gallon fish tanks that I've had for years. All I have ever used is a filter to clean the water. No problems. In an aquaponics system the plant bed acts as a filter. Still waiting on the parts for the aquaponics setup. But I'll post up once I get it going and update it.

I've never needed an aerator. A lot depends on the type of fish also
Keep in mind this was just on fish in a tank. I am scaling up to an 8 foot stock tank and building a C shaped growing bed off three sides on the system I plan on building but haven't crossed that bridge yet. We have a stock pond so if they do due. I could care less. Cats will feast. Once I get it up and running ill message you and keep you posted.

I've never needed an aerator. A lot depends on the type of fish also
Keep in mind this was just on fish in a tank. I am scaling up to an 8 foot stock tank and building a C shaped growing bed off three sides on the system I plan on building but haven't crossed that bridge yet. We have a stock pond so if they do due. I could care less. Cats will feast. Once I get it up and running ill message you and keep you posted.

Honestly wondering, I'm not in a city so getting fishstock shipped in can be costly.

I think I am more likely to catch them pale them then add them to the system, since I'm on a lake up here, with plenty of fish, makes sense to use local species if I can catch em.

Go to a nearby lake and go fishing. Keep them in a live well. You will need an aerator for that. I brought fish from Indianapolis to southern oklahoma using a $10 Walmart aerator and a small power inverter. Just used a plastic tote for a tank. Yes I did say I used an aerator. But only for that one instance. That was a 14 hour drive

The backyard liberty system is a good investment. It will answer all your questions. The manual is 104 pages long and covers about everything. I'd send you a copy of mine but that's illegal. Best money I've spent in a while.

I always buy stuff like that with PayPal incase it sucks. Had that happen a few times. Sent an email and my money was returned in less than 2 days. Magnet 4 power was useless

Latest posts

Back