Anyone had group of 100+ for more than 10 years?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, very good draw thank you!! You have very much space and many things I did not see before I will ask you for about! Yes we have big pump now. Just to much of the water. It is good idea for the low wall because some of the water comes from field but I think also comes from under shelter. This could be always going to be problem.

Clair, it sounds like the pictures helped to explain things better. When they moved the container, it left that big space so we could access the stairs up to the school passageway. (You can see the light from the staircase opening to the left of where the container is now missing.) What was amazing is that they moved that massive container without knocking all the furniture around. It wasn’t my container, but the family that owns it couldn’t get here in time to either take some things out or stabilize everything to their satisfaction. They were VERY concerned we were going to destroy all their stuff and I stupidly said I would personally replace anything damaged…fortunately nothing was even knocked off of the walls! There were advantages to them living right next to the grocery/infirmary entrances, but now they’re nearer to the “Retail Row” where the food court is! It’s all good!

We DO mount a lot of stuff including a cellular repeater and antennas including CB, HF Shortwave, Satellite, and Yagi. We don’t put any solar panels on top of the parking decks as they could be easily swiped, but here’s a picture from one of the adjacent store rooftops. You can see we literally used every free space except for places to walk and where the HVAC units sit. Any raised panels are bolted in, but the bulk of the panels sit directly on the rooftops mounted in brackets that are held in place by the weight of the concrete blocks (you can see if you look carefully.) Also, panels have wind guards on the high sides to prevent wind lift which is important in our location. We thought freezers were not possible because they used too much power, but now we have more than we can use, so we’re looking into the possibility of some walk in freezers which will be a game changer in long term preservation and the types of food we can eat.

Attachments

• Store 9 Solar.jpg
    Store 9 Solar.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 11
Back to the original topic, I dont even know 100 people. And far fewer that I actually like.
I have not known 100 people my entire life.
a group of 100 is too many people there are bound to be some odd nuts in a group that size and trying to feed and water that number is going to be an impossible task, no way would I want to get involved in so big a group, no way you could trust that many people.

a group of 100 is too many people there are bound to be some odd nuts in a group that size and trying to feed and water that number is going to be an impossible task, no way would I want to get involved in so big a group, no way you could trust that many people.

That's a pretty definitive statement. What do you base that off of? Vetting is a thing. Location matters, as well as footprint, when it comes to food and water production.

We're on our third generation of people in our group. Two of which have been part of it since birth, or close to it.

Just because you don't know 100 people, let alone 100 who aren't scumbags, doesn't mean nobody else does.

Arcticdude said:
Back to the original topic, I dont even know 100 people. And far fewer that I actually like.

And not many of us have lived for 12 years without electricity and other modern comforts like you have BigPaul !
Any group would be lucky to have your skills, but I understand you'd rather go as solo as possible. To each their own!

Yep, the original topic was indeed “Anyone had group of 100+ for more than 10 years?”
and I have enjoyed hearing about Clair’s amazing work underground in a frickin sinkhole!!! as well as Disturbed1970’s fantastic rural community.

I don’t expect it, but it would be nice to also hear from some of the big money operations like Vivos Group, Mar-a-Lago, or xPoint.

Hell, it would be cool if there was a former employee of government facilities like Greenbrier, Raven Rock, or Mount Weather that would chime in about some of their specifics that might apply to the rest of us – large and small groups alike! But as I said, I don’t really expect it.

What I expect is, we’ll all just keep plugging on, each at our own rate and improve as much as we can. If we never have to deploy long term, we’ll still be better people for the skills we had to learn and for the relationships we developed along the way.

That's a pretty definitive statement. What do you base that off of? Vetting is a thing. Location matters, as well as footprint, when it comes to food and water production.

We're on our third generation of people in our group. Two of which have been part of it since birth, or close to it.

Just because you don't know 100 people, let alone 100 who aren't scumbags, doesn't mean nobody else does.
I base that statement on personal experience and human nature, , might be okay in the here and now but a group of 100 in a post SHTF world is going to be something else, without the supply chain any group that size is going to be hard pressed to grow and harvest enough food also a group of that size will draw attention from anyone outside the group, no way you can hide a group that size.

Last edited:
And not many of us have lived for 12 years without electricity and other modern comforts like you have BigPaul !
Any group would be lucky to have your skills, but I understand you'd rather go as solo as possible. To each their own!

Yep, the original topic was indeed “Anyone had group of 100+ for more than 10 years?”
and I have enjoyed hearing about Clair’s amazing work underground in a frickin sinkhole!!! as well as Disturbed1970’s fantastic rural community.

I don’t expect it, but it would be nice to also hear from some of the big money operations like Vivos Group, Mar-a-Lago, or xPoint.

Hell, it would be cool if there was a former employee of government facilities like Greenbrier, Raven Rock, or Mount Weather that would chime in about some of their specifics that might apply to the rest of us – large and small groups alike! But as I said, I don’t really expect it.

What I expect is, we’ll all just keep plugging on, each at our own rate and improve as much as we can. If we never have to deploy long term, we’ll still be better people for the skills we had to learn and for the relationships we developed along the way.
Heck yea it would...

I dont know if its just Britain, but I have tried organising prepper meets and I've tried organising prepper groups, and it dosent work, not over here anyway, oh you get the promises of turning up, they dont, then you get all the excuses afterwards, its just not worth the time and hassle.
I am sure that in Britain it will be family "units" post SHTF and more lone wolf's or lone wolfs +1, large groups arent going to work over here, too many ego's at work, too much chatter and too little work, and too many sheeple that believe "nothing bad will happen" or just have too busy a life to care.
a group of 100 just wouldnt work here, for a lot of reasons.

Last edited:
I base that statement on personal experience and human nature, , might be okay in the here and now but a group of 100 in a post SHTF world is going to be something else, without the supply chain any group that size is going to be hard pressed to grow and harvest enough food also a group of that size will draw attention from anyone outside the group, no way you can hide a group that size.

There are very few places CONUS where you will be able to hide for long. Once you're found, you can try to defend yourself with that tiny group, or do it with a much larger one.

That small group means that everyone has a job they have to be doing constantly, which means fatigue, and deprivation if they have to stop for any period of time.

My group spent a huge amount of time at the BOL, this past year. Minimum for anyone was 2 months, some were there for the entire year. Outside of internet signal, phone service, and a habdful of luxury items (candy for the kids, mass-produced booze, etc), EVERYTHING consumed was produced on our property. Our stores weren't even touched.

The closest town of any size to us is over 5 miles away, the closest major road is the same distance. We've spent over 20 years building a 100% self-sufficient community, and have tested our sustainability numerous times. I promise you, we aren't the only group who can say that. I can also promise you, there are groups larger than ours, who are even better at it than we are.

There are very few places CONUS where you will be able to hide for long. Once you're found, you can try to defend yourself with that tiny group, or do it with a much larger one.

That small group means that everyone has a job they have to be doing constantly, which means fatigue, and deprivation if they have to stop for any period of time.

My group spent a huge amount of time at the BOL, this past year. Minimum for anyone was 2 months, some were there for the entire year. Outside of internet signal, phone service, and a habdful of luxury items (candy for the kids, mass-produced booze, etc), EVERYTHING consumed was produced on our property. Our stores weren't even touched.

The closest town of any size to us is over 5 miles away, the closest major road is the same distance. We've spent over 20 years building a 100% self-sufficient community, and have tested our sustainability numerous times. I promise you, we aren't the only group who can say that. I can also promise you, there are groups larger than ours, who are even better at it than we are.
please see my previous post #129.

I have the good news. We now have all the water liquid out but still the water mud is at bottom. it is to much to use the bucket to remove and we will need wait for bottom to dry some with big fans. I think the water mud can not stay. We will need to remove. Too deep for small machine to carry down. Do anyone have ideas for remove the water mud?

I have the good news. We now have all the water liquid out but still the water mud is at bottom. it is to much to use the bucket to remove and we will need wait for bottom to dry some with big fans. I think the water mud can not stay. We will need to remove. Too deep for small machine to carry down. Do anyone have ideas for remove the water mud?
A sludge pump. They make bigger ones for high solids.

https://www.amazon.com/Allegro-Indu...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583932713254060&psc=1

Engineer friend says 21 meter may be to much high to pump sludge unless add back liquid. That would be hurtful after we work so hard to remove liquid but maybe it is the way we must do this?

Thanks to all for the idea but we are going to use our lift platform to bring up the buckets. The machines could be very good but they are to much money right now. We have 18 guys with shovels and me to, so it may take a lot of time, but we are hard workers and we will get it all out the hard way. My hands are not feeling so well. I need gooder gloves!

Engineer friend says 21 meter may be to much high to pump sludge unless add back liquid. That would be hurtful after we work so hard to remove liquid but maybe it is the way we must do this?

Form a bucket brigade with the pumps. Pump up 7 meters into a small holding tank. then using a second pump and another small holding tank, pump the sludge up another 7 meters. using a third pump, pump up the sludge the final distance. Using three pumps and two small holding tanks, you can over come the high head pressure.

Clair,
I was responding to your email, but I realized I think you were trying to post to the forum (probably answering
tmttactical,) not email me. Look carefully!

Last edited:
Yes, very stupid! I was sending to wrong place! Here is from email - I am not usual this stupid - sorry!
Thank you tmttactical, it is a good idea but and it will be to much money for even 1 big pump that can do the sludge. We can already see the progress just a lot of hard work can do. It is good we have motor for lift because I could not do the lifting of that many buckets of mud up the stairs! Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back