Anyone had group of 100+ for more than 10 years?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 18 the tubes - maybe 0.5m each to later time hook big fans to them. Engineer required as I would not have thinked thought of this. (spell?) Tubes can linked at top for in and out air flow. Getting all the same fans and getting the electricity is the problem but we are thinking on it. All tubes will stay so can reach the way placed. We know we must have many places for catching the air on the outside. The problem is air to outside because there are many government helicopter and drone that catch heat to see. To hide the heat is problem because we have field.
Clair,
Hopefully your tubes are PVC or something you can cut without it crumbling in case you want to create connections or outlets mid-pipe?
Also, maybe having fans at both the top and bottom will help airflow but your engineer will know what can work best for you. Yes getting rid of heat signatures can be a real problem especially with FLIR and Thermal imagers mounted on helicopters and drones.. They can be a real pain when you don't want to be seen. Our solution is to make it look like someone else.
There's a dry cleaner/laundromat on the far end of the shopping center and we just pipe our heat to come out near their place so we appear the same as the background temperature. (We have also developed means to have drones take a nose dive if they get too bothersome - darn real estate companies!)

The CDC is the LAST group of numbnuts that I would trust. This is the same group of Leftist idiots that want to ban guns in the name of "safety".

The CDC has been caught in numerous lies and distorted information that they have eventually corrected this past year. I did not use to understand how Hitler, Stalin and even Mao managed to convince so many people into believing their LIES. Now I understand.

Clair,
Hopefully your tubes are PVC or something you can cut without it crumbling in case you want to create connections or outlets mid-pipe?
Also, maybe having fans at both the top and bottom will help airflow but your engineer will know what can work best for you. Yes getting rid of heat signatures can be a real problem especially with FLIR and Thermal imagers mounted on helicopters and drones.. They can be a real pain when you don't want to be seen. Our solution is to make it look like someone else.
There's a dry cleaner/laundromat on the far end of the shopping center and we just pipe our heat to come out near their place so we appear the same as the background temperature. (We have also developed means to have drones take a nose dive if they get too bothersome - darn real estate companies!)
Dave, sorry I make mistake of giving my emotion. My son is very good and comment make me feel bad.
I do not know if they have the FLIR or the thermal (or difference) but we do not have your advantage. Maybe we get someone to build shopping center on top of our sinkhole and all problem will be gone, yes? (Joking!) But pipe idea may be good if we put deep and to far place. I do not know but maybe our lake on top of sinkhole blocks heat but not sure. How can I know this? Also edges. Yes, pipes are hard plastic but we have them for free so I do not have info on type. I have new for Christmas a battery reciprocating saw - absolutely amazing!! I think I can make the hole in any material so no problem with holes for pipe! Tell me how you can stop the drones??
Yes, I do not like the politics - this is much better, thank you!

OK, your point has been made - you don't trust anyone in the government except Trump and you'll never get the vaccine. GOT IT.

You do know most organizations have politicians as their figureheads and that they don't know jack...they're the ones saying the stupid stuff, not the dedicated scientists.

I think Clair thought his son was being insulted so he rightly defended him, but he probably shouldn't have tried to provide anyone here with info he hoped would be thoughtfully considered. Apparently it wasn't.

Please move on to a thread that's there to talk about politics etc. and
we'll try to go back to talking about prepping here at this thread.

You feel better or do you want to beat me now??

You feel better or do you want to beat me now??
No, I just want to go back to talking about the Clair's sinkhole and how he constructed his facility inside it and possible solutions to problems...many of which you may have good ideas on? Read him from the beginning, it's a really novel idea.

No, I just want to go back to talking about the Clair's sinkhole and how he constructed his facility inside it and possible solutions to problems...many of which you may have good ideas on? Read him from the beginning, it's a really novel idea.

That can’t be. If YOU wanted to continue with your conversation on the construction YOU had the choice to do so. Yet, YOU took the time to bash me and every other Prepper for not wanting to take the China vaccine.

Last edited:
Clair,
Sorry for the long absence. I have been pretty busy but also have a team looking into one of your ideas. It's going to be a lot of red tape, but we think creating a private is going to be a better option than a charter. Getting the extra money would not be worth the restrictions plus with private we can totally limit which students are enrolled. More as pieces come together.

Dave,
It has been many moths now, are you still around. You have not aswswered my email or PMs.
Clair

We are in that neighborhood, as far as size goes. Started smaller, 20+ years ago, but since the families have grown, so have numbers. We have also doubled+ in terms of number of families. We are on some of our third generation of group members, with an entire adult generation having been members all of their lives.

We are incredibly selective about new members, with a very extensive, drawn-out vetting process (prospective members don't even know vetting has started, and remain unaware for quite a while).

The group operates under llc's, and has several professionals as members (doctors, attorneys, nurses, engineers, etc), and several members with varying skills (an owner-operator of a trucking company, mechanics, general contractor, plumbing/hvac, etc).

There are multiple bylaws and nda's involved, and monthly dues (per family, not per member, until children reach 25 years of age, at which point they can join as members themselves, and get their own space. Or, they will still have access, as long as their family provides them room in their space. So far, everyone who has aged out has chosen to buy in) which go to various projects and purposes (we own everything outright, and actually have fairly deep reserves for emergencies).

Leadership is a rotating board comprised of one member of each family, with projects being placed under a designated expert with an assigned team (building/stocking the clinic was under a doctor, with another doctor, two nurses, and a paramedic being on the team). It's actually far more involved, and polished, but those are the high points.

Members have unrestricted access to the BOL 365 days a year, and after a certain time, your ownership stake is paid in full (consider it a zero-interest vacation property).

The cost per family is ridiculously low, considering what benefits come with it. Our contractor sourced 90%+ of our building materials, and members did the vast majority of construction, minus some specialty projects.

We have multiple combat vets from all branches, including 18-series Army, a SEAL (eww), a couple Force Recon Marines, and a PJ, and then several other MOS's. Also several cops, medics, and firefighters. Our range facility is pretty awesome. Any member can use it at any time, and several of us actually use it to teach classes (of which a % goes to the group fund).

We grow year-round (one industrial greenhouse, with another in the works), have several acres dedicated to more seasonal growing, and more acreage for livestock.

Outside of phones and internet, we are 100% off-grid, with micro-hydro supplying electricity, and solar/wind as backup.

Training is constant, and required, in various disciplines, but we have the experts on-hand to provide it, so that is another benefit of your dues.

This has been a decades--long project, and growth has been very slow. For us, it has been worth it. I spend a couple months a year on our BOL, and notice no quality of life difference from my full time house. I also can jump in my truck and be on a 2000-yd range, or running through a shoothouse in 10 mins. Or, I can hunt/fish/atv/hike to my heart's content, within a 10 min walk from my door.

I'm aware of a couple other groups set up similarly, based on rumor, but have never seen one. I also know our bylaws are extremely strict in terms of OPSEC, which I imagine others would be as well.

Between dues, donations, sales of resources, and man hours of labor, we have several million invested over the course of those 20+ years. We don't want someone with the knowledge to attempt to take it away. As far as the world is concerned, somewhere in our AO is a large tract of land operated by an out-of-state llc as some nebulously-named adventure/outdoor venture.which might be owned by a different llc in another state.

I don't regret being a founding member of this, but I would not want to start from scratch again. The end result is awesome, but there were a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that went into it.

We are in that neighborhood, as far as size goes. Started smaller, 20+ years ago, but since the families have grown, so have numbers. We have also doubled+ in terms of number of families. We are on some of our third generation of group members, with an entire adult generation having been members all of their lives.

We are incredibly selective about new members, with a very extensive, drawn-out vetting process (prospective members don't even know vetting has started, and remain unaware for quite a while).

The group operates under llc's, and has several professionals as members (doctors, attorneys, nurses, engineers, etc), and several members with varying skills (an owner-operator of a trucking company, mechanics, general contractor, plumbing/hvac, etc).

There are multiple bylaws and nda's involved, and monthly dues (per family, not per member, until children reach 25 years of age, at which point they can join as members themselves, and get their own space. Or, they will still have access, as long as their family provides them room in their space. So far, everyone who has aged out has chosen to buy in) which go to various projects and purposes (we own everything outright, and actually have fairly deep reserves for emergencies).

Leadership is a rotating board comprised of one member of each family, with projects being placed under a designated expert with an assigned team (building/stocking the clinic was under a doctor, with another doctor, two nurses, and a paramedic being on the team). It's actually far more involved, and polished, but those are the high points.

Members have unrestricted access to the BOL 365 days a year, and after a certain time, your ownership stake is paid in full (consider it a zero-interest vacation property).

The cost per family is ridiculously low, considering what benefits come with it. Our contractor sourced 90%+ of our building materials, and members did the vast majority of construction, minus some specialty projects.

We have multiple combat vets from all branches, including 18-series Army, a SEAL (eww), a couple Force Recon Marines, and a PJ, and then several other MOS's. Also several cops, medics, and firefighters. Our range facility is pretty awesome. Any member can use it at any time, and several of us actually use it to teach classes (of which a % goes to the group fund).

We grow year-round (one industrial greenhouse, with another in the works), have several acres dedicated to more seasonal growing, and more acreage for livestock.

Outside of phones and internet, we are 100% off-grid, with micro-hydro supplying electricity, and solar/wind as backup.

Training is constant, and required, in various disciplines, but we have the experts on-hand to provide it, so that is another benefit of your dues.

This has been a decades--long project, and growth has been very slow. For us, it has been worth it. I spend a couple months a year on our BOL, and notice no quality of life difference from my full time house. I also can jump in my truck and be on a 2000-yd range, or running through a shoothouse in 10 mins. Or, I can hunt/fish/atv/hike to my heart's content, within a 10 min walk from my door.

I'm aware of a couple other groups set up similarly, based on rumor, but have never seen one. I also know our bylaws are extremely strict in terms of OPSEC, which I imagine others would be as well.

Between dues, donations, sales of resources, and man hours of labor, we have several million invested over the course of those 20+ years. We don't want someone with the knowledge to attempt to take it away. As far as the world is concerned, somewhere in our AO is a large tract of land operated by an out-of-state llc as some nebulously-named adventure/outdoor venture.which might be owned by a different llc in another state.

I don't regret being a founding member of this, but I would not want to start from scratch again. The end result is awesome, but there were a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that went into it.

Great setup, except for the outsiders you bring in for firearms training. So, how do I sign up for one of your onsite training classes?

Great setup, except for the outsiders you bring in for firearms training. So, how do I sign up for one of your onsite training classes?
Invite only. Classes are on-contract, for the time being, or are completely filled/sponsored by those who are personally known by members. We've been kicking around the idea of doing some consulting and training targetting others living tye life, but so far, no consensus has been met.

Ranges are separate from where anything "preppery" might be, as is the bunkhouse. While close, there is no line of sight, and getting where you could see the "good" stuff would involve knowing where it is, AND trespassing through a couple gates, and up a very long, elevated private drive that feeds off the main road, and is unmarked.

Does every family have their own place?
Yes. Think fortified apartment building, that is built out of poured concrete and cinder block. The building is shaped like a celtic cross, with each arm being two-stories of living quarters, and a three story circular tower being in the middle where the arms cross. The outside circle of the celtic cross is a wall with decorative ports in it. That forms 4 wedges between wings and outer wall (think pizza slices). One wedge is a pool area, one is a small garden (basically herbs/medicinals), one is a playground, and one is just a place to chill.

Almost all materials were bought for pennies on the dollar through our general contractor, and transported by our OTR owner-operator. About 90% of labor was done by us.

Each family essemtially gets a 3 bedroom apartment that is a shell. Families are responsible for buying all the stuff they want (flooring, cabinets, bathroom/kitchen fixtures, etc, along with furnishings). Those items are then installed by one of our crews. Sourcing for that stuff is often done by the contractor, and transport is done by the owner-operator, so costs are very competitive.

Each family has what is essentially a large storage unit in the basement for personal preps, and personal items. The central tower has a common dining area with industrial kitchen (all items purchased when restaurants go out of business - everything from the kitchen stuff to the chairs/tables/plates/silverware), a common game room, a couple classrooms, a theater, and a command post on the top floor.

When we started, there was huge debate over whether we wanted individual houses, or something like this. This won from a footprint/ security standpoint.

My family's apartment is every bit as nice as a high-dollar apartment in the "real" world.

We have a pretty robust intranet, with a centralized server with several PB of movies/music/tv shows/data,

Several things that helped:

1. The original families had all knpwn each other for quite some time, and several of us worked together or trained together regularly.

2. We drew from a wide array of professions which ensured we had excellent skillsets onboard. Because we were all professionals, we could afford the buyin, which, while not exhorbitant, was not cheap. We all agreed we wanted to do it "right," and would listen to the members with experience for the various aspects of putting this together.

3. We all get along like family. We have our squabbles, and we know who not to trust with certain things. Under no circumstances am I allowed to do anything but carry or talk into a radio. Any other comms issue like programming, I am specifically forbidden from getting involved in. Seriously, I am mentioned by name. 🤣

4. We spent MONTHS brainstorming bylaws, and trying to think of every eventuality, then writing them accordingly.

5. We all paid dues for a year, into a fund, before we made our forst purchase. We spent 6 more months looking for the "perfect" property (suitable for micro-hydro, easily defensible, 2 hrs+ from nearest major city in an area with a good growing season. Away from natural air currents from reactors, not near any known fault lines, etc).

4. A lot of our success is based not on money, but what specific individuals bring to the table - having basically an entire construction crew on hand, along with heavy machinery, then being able to get in with the architect our contractor uses was HUGE. Having an owner-operator to transport stuff - HUGE. Engineers to design all of our systems (electrical, water/sewage, network, etc) - HUGE. Supportive spouses - HUGE.

5. Measure once, cut twice is a real thing. We rushed a road on the property, which wasted a couple months of labor before we realized it was not what we wanted. It still stands as a slowly overgrowing testament to rushing stuff you shouldn't 🤣

Latest posts

Back