Anyone had group of 100+ for more than 10 years?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body Bags
No one probably wants to consider the possibility of deaths during a SHTF event, but we have enough people that a death during an extended event is more likely than not. We keep a dozen of these 20 mil zipper bags in our primary ISO ward as that's likely where it would happen if it was a pandemic-type situation. We also keep a couple in our regular medical ward just in case. They're pretty compact and easy to store. This particular model is pretty cheap but is very substantial and although I've never had to put someone in one, I believe their literature - that it will not leak odors.
https://www.toolots.com/body-bag.htmlWe also have a half dozen of the youth size (as much as it pains me to even consider that possibility.)
https://www.toolots.com/zzpet-002.htmlWe intentionally got them in white so there is no mixing up the adult and youth sizes.

No, not something I want to think about. Having finished reading all 15 pages of this thread I can see that with a group of people over 100 that you have to make plans or else you will be caught unprepared for something gruesome. Imagine having one or more people die and have no way to deal with their bodies other than going outside into the rioting, or radiation, or whatever you are trying to protect your group from, to bury them. Thanks for the links.

I fear
total dark or
no air or
huge water amount pouring in or
all 3 at one time.
My fear is poetry?
We need many backups for all these before I am feeling safe inside.
It will be the spring time before we can work on these for this year!!
Wheresclair, tell me how you support the lake above your sinkhole shelter. Water is very heavy. Is it steel or concrete or is it some self supporting rock structure? Thanks.
Harkin

Wheresclair, tell me how you support the lake above your sinkhole shelter. Water is very heavy. Is it steel or concrete or is it some self supporting rock structure? Thanks.
Harkin
Water is not so deep but many steels and concrete all the way to steel and bottom.

How do you make a cat photo instead of the H?

I would love to see your setup. That water might protect you from some radiation, but I guess that's one reason you have it that way.

To change your picture,
click on your name up in the right top of your screen
on the left, click on "your profile"
when you see your profile picture the big "C" click on "edit" right below the picture
you can now browse to a new picture and save/say OK

I would love to see your setup. That water might protect you from some radiation, but I guess that's one reason you have it that way.

To change your picture,
click on your name up in the right top of your screen
on the left, click on "your profile"
when you see your profile picture the big "C" click on "edit" right below the picture
you can now browse to a new picture and save/say OK
Thank you

The expanded shooting range opened back up two weekends ago. The current staffing is 2 hours/day on weekdays and 4 hours/day on weekends, but we'll have to expand the hours if its popularity stays at this level.

Clair,
How is the Russia/Ukraine mess affecting you and your facility build?
I hope you are doing well.

Clair,
How is the Russia/Ukraine mess affecting you and your facility build?
I hope you are doing well.
Not to good, the Ukraine problem is doing a lot of bad things to economy. Some person has told government to close facility. They have used a big metal ball on the crane to break the lake on top and now there is big line of the dumping trucks you can see from the satellite. They are filling up my hole with the dirt and gravel. I can not stop them. They say it can not be there. All that time and all that work is destroy. Who tell them to do this? Why???????

Not to good, the Ukraine problem is doing a lot of bad things to economy. Some person has told government to close facility. They have used a big metal ball on the crane to break the lake on top and now there is big line of the dumping trucks you can see from the satellite. They are filling up my hole with the dirt and gravel. I can not stop them. They say it can not be there. All that time and all that work is destroy. Who tell them to do this? Why???????
Clair,
I don't understand why they are destroying YOUR work on YOUR own property. I am so sorry for you...you must feel angry and hurt. My advice is to stay back to prevent getting in a fight with them. Maybe you can do something legally, but it sounds like someone got the order to condemn your property for safety or some other reason and even if you reverse them, you could not afford to dig it back out. I'm so sorry.

Clair,
I don't understand why they are destroying YOUR work on YOUR own property. I am so sorry for you...you must feel angry and hurt. My advice is to stay back to prevent getting in a fight with them. Maybe you can do something legally, but it sounds like someone got the order to condemn your property for safety or some other reason and even if you reverse them, you could not afford to dig it back out. I'm so sorry.
I am sad and done. I am glad at least you will see Lukas soon. Right now I am not the good company. good day/night to you.

Dave, I neglected to publicly thank you:
Again, I enjoyed meeting everyone and have already emailed Dillon to get hooked up with some of your engineers.

That is not a facility, it's a frickin' town!
I know it would be contrary to everything you're doing, but if you ran tours for cash, you'd pull in a fortune!

I also enjoyed meeting Lukas. He is one nice kid; smart, and capable of doing anything he puts his mind to. And he speaks English more correctly than any of us! His dad should be proud!

Thanks again and hope we can return soon!

if you ran tours for cash, you'd pull in a fortune!
Yep, cash tours would definitely defeat our anonymity and we'd never get anything done! Your visit was enjoyable but "showing off our stuff" is definitely too time consuming to do very often...but definitely useful. Coming from outside the echo chamber, you asked some great questions we'd hadn't considered. Always learning, thanks!

Our school ends for the summer on June 17th, a little over a week past public school's last day. It's important that we end the semester as close to "normal" as possible, so kids don't dread returning in the fall. Yesterday, we had kind of a messed-up day where parents could drop in at any time to check out building security. We don't normally have anyone "manning" the main doors but the guys in the facility control room monitor motion sensitive cameras and can "buzz people through" when needed. There's also a multiple station intercom for communication. We do not have an armed resource officer, but all teachers conceal carry. There are only 2 ways into the school and 3 ways out. The front entrance has a double set of magnetically controlled single doors with a vestibule with built-in metal detectors between the 2 doors, a camera outside, in the vestibule, and also in the main hallway. At the rear of the building, the hallway "Ts" with lockers and girl's restrooms if you turn left, and at the end of that hall is a solid steel door, with camera, for emergency exit only. If you go right at the "T", there are more lockers and boy's restrooms, and at the end of that hall, another solid steel door, with camera, going down to the facility on the back side of the shopping center. Parents could see that our security is way better than in public schools, but a number of parents were understandably looking for reassurances that we had good enough security. No one came away thinking someone could force their way into the school. (As far as I heard.)

Latest posts

Back