Any ideas on how to survive martial law?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simmons

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any info on the subject, at least not anything too informative or new. If I'm wrong I'll be sure to delete this thread. If not, I'd like to know what your plans for survival or proposals to survive martial law is. If I am posting in the wrong place, I am terribly sorry. So how are we to defend against a people that is much greater than us? The U.S government has a virtually disposable income, and the petty fortlets many of us have installed on our properties wont count for crap when the professional soldiers that don't realize that they can refuse a non-constitutional order comes knocking down our walls. There are rumors that President Obama wants to extend his presidency by enforcing martial law, and signing executive orders with the support of the senate. Now whether or not these rumors are true, whether or not we are screwed in 2016, whether or not this is just a radicalist opinion or not, I do not know, but what I have noticed lately (not through careful observation but sudden realization) is that even the more common naysayers are starting to increase in wariness of our own government and jump on the consciousness boat. I want to be clear that I am not absolutely sure in a major shift in power in the United States. I know plenty of my local politicians to be morally upright people, so who's not to say the same about the higher up places in the government? What I am saying is, what if? And it is a strong "what if", I might add.

My buddy and I have been contemplating on this subject for quite a while, and the consensus we have come to is, to put it plainly, we're screwed. Having an arsenal of weapons and a good hiding place might not do any good. It's hard to have find a permanent place to hide out when you're hiding out on (recorded, and on file) property that you own. And if you believe in being put on a watch list, then chances are many of you reading this (if not already for your presence in the forum) are on some kind of governmental watch list on account of your unusual purchases, whether online or otherwise, activities, posts and behaviors, although legal, threatening to someone who wants to run the country his way, absolutely. I don't know how close of an eye the government keeps on it's citizens, but we do know that the NSA does in fact, go through peoples (reportedly, law abiding citizens) messages, posts, purchases, and phone calls, and even makes sure that software is installed in certain devises so they can by-pass any security they please according to many recent news reports. Taking that into account, remember that aside from us, the NSA is allowed to collect info on people three degrees of suspects, meaning that anyone with over 260 contacts in their phone could be monitored. This means that more than four and a half million U.S citizens could be monitored as well. I'll save you the details but if you're interested in more on that subject I'll post some helpful links at the bottom.

Taking in consideration that our government has the power to know virtually anything and everything about you, how are you to ever remain hidden? They most likely know about any stockpiles of weapons, ammo, food, and supplies that you have. These things put up red flags and make you for easy picking when the SHTF, even if you plan to hide your weapons. And to my own limited knowledge, if you don't have enough supplies to fight off an army, then you might not be prepared enough for something like this, but if you do, then how do you plan to hide it even when you are already known to be stockpiling? If the rumors about the FEMA camp's, mass graves, large purchases of hollow point ammo, bulletproof vests for FEMA's "brown shirts" and train cars and shackles, are true, then it's off to FEMA camp for you isn't it? It would take a highly skilled mix of men and women, and a highly organized prepping network of many people to pull something like this off for the sake of survival. It's either that, or putting up with our new fascist dictatorship, sitting in our homes as state controlled television broadcasts for the rest of our lives, and if you're not home by ten, you're shot by the gestapo -- hypothetically.

So what's your plan friends? What's the solution? What's your idea? If nothing else you are preparing for ever happens, but instead you have the minions of the worlds greatest superpower knocking at your doorstep, what are you going to do? I'm not being sarcastic, I truly want to know. Any insight provided on this thread may be beneficial to anyone else that stumbles across this thread wondering the same thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting links on how the NSA may spy on us

http://wikileaks-press.org/the-surveillance-state-part-one/

http://truththeory.com/2014/03/29/10-ways-the-nsa-spies-on-you/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2429502,00.asp

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-08/5-sneaky-ways-nsa-gets-information-americans

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...five-ways-to-stop-the-nsa-from-spying-on-you/

How do you survive martial law? Get as far away as you can from crowds of people! When you get right down to it, the purpose of martial law is to control unruly crowds of people. Believe me, they will have their hands full and will not have time to harass people that are isolated, can take care of themselves and just want to be left alone.

Last edited:
Sorry Doc, but I do believe the ones that can sustain themselves will be targeted to a point. The government can and will come and get what you have to 'help' others who have not become prepared. I do hope I am wrong, but the laws have already been passed for them to do so.

How do you survive martial law? Get as far away as you can from crowds of people! When you get right down to it, the purpose of martial law is to control unruly crowds of people. Believe me, they will have their hands full and will not have time to harass people that are isolated, can take care of themselves and just want to be left alone.

Maybe, but would you agree that a person or a group of people living together while sitting on a stockpile of weapons and supplies would cause the government to feel threatened to an extent? If they want to disarm the people, by God they will try, and even if they don't do it immediately, they may do it eventually. The Taliban usually hid in the most remote places of the Middle East, and the military had no problem sniffing them out with predator drones. The disarmed aren't very unruly, but a man with many guns, wanting to just be left alone with his weapons, despite them being outlawed, wont sit well with them. We will be the unruly crowds of peoples. There will be preppers that will decide to collaborate with each other and fight against the military police, when the U.S government catches wind of that, they will call for action against ALL preppers, because the first thing they will think of when they hear the word "prepper" will be rebellion. Therefore why wouldn't everyone stockpiling supplies be targeted? It's a scary thought really. At this point it might be safe to plan an escape from the country if possible, instead of hiding away in one place, don't you think?

If the military knows how many guns and supplies you have, and where you, your supplies and your guns are located, I'd say your OPSEC sucks! :D

Honestly, in todays day and age. Should martial law be placed in effect. You would have thousands of soldiers and law enforcement officials either refuse or resign from the position. Not many people (U.S. Citizens) would actually target their neighbor over marital law. Instead you would have the opposite effect. They would use their Government supplies and turn against the Government ordering the martial law.

Should this opinion backfire on me. I would turn the ones attacking citizens into lifeless bodies. I have my shovel and weapons ready 24/7.

martial law is designed to control the masses generally that be cities, suburbs and critical infrastructure, anything that appears to be an organized people outside these zones will be looked upon as a threat and dealt with, in the event of martial law I will make it a point to stay away from a large number of people, I will head to the mountains under heavy canvas!

martial law is designed to control the masses generally that be cities, suburbs and critical infrastructure, anything that appears to be an organized people outside these zones will be looked upon as a threat and dealt with, in the event of martial law I will make it a point to stay away from a large number of people, I will head to the mountains under heavy canvas!

I hear you there. Deep in the deserts of Arizona where no one ever goes is full of mountains and naturally temperature controlled caves is where I'll be bugging out.

I hear you there. Deep in the deserts of Arizona where no one ever goes is full of mountains and naturally temperature controlled caves is where I'll be bugging out.
And you really don't think the government doesn't know about all of those mountains and caves? I think you were spot on when you said get out of the country. Even then, their drones can find probably find you.

The amount of what ifs are astronomical. I can't see full fledged war happening here. I don't believe the American public would stand for it. The hippies would be against it and the warriors know better. Katrina was eye opening to a lot of people as to how far a government body will go to gain control but, they were put in check, in the end, it was found that what they did was illegal. Now for future reference we don't have to obey an illegal disarm order the high courts have spoken but, it doesn't mean they won't try.

The amount of what ifs are astronomical. I can't see full fledged war happening here. I don't believe the American public would stand for it. The hippies would be against it and the warriors know better. Katrina was eye opening to a lot of people as to how far a government body will go to gain control but, they were put in check, in the end, it was found that what they did was illegal. Now for future reference we don't have to obey an illegal disarm order the high courts have spoken but, it doesn't mean they won't try.

Court’s opinion bearing on this point is the following: “If, in foreign invasion or civil war, the courts are actually closed, and it is impossible to administer criminal justice according to law, then, on the theatre of active military operations, where war really prevails, there is a necessity to furnish a substitute for the civil authority, thus overthrown, to preserve the safety of the army and society; and as no power is left but the military, it is allowed to govern by martial rule until the laws can have their free course

Ex parte Milligan, 71 U.S. (4 Wall.) 2 (1866)

A civil war exists, and may be prosecuted on the same footing as if those opposing the Government were foreign invaders, whenever the regular course of justice is interrupted by revolt, **rebellion**, or insurrection, so that the Courts cannot be kept open

Prize Cases, 67 U.S. 2 Black 635 635 (1862)

The Court noted that the Constitution only provides for the suspension of the enumerated right--the writ of habeas corpus.
Nevertheless, the Court implicitly recognized that there may be situations where martial law would be needed. But even as the Court stated that necessity is a prerequisite for martial law it repeated the earlier assertion that in order to declare martial law, the courts must be closed

Milligan rule never been overruled by the Supreme Court over the years, the Supreme's have stated the President alone cannot declare martial law but if Congress cannot come to conclusion then the President has the authority to declare martial law with out consent of congress. Under martial law it is the Military that enforces martial rule, since the Courts are closed habeas corpusis is suspended. This is why the Military is the pandora's box!

And you really don't think the government doesn't know about all of those mountains and caves? I think you were spot on when you said get out of the country. Even then, their drones can find probably find you.

We have a lot of caves here and not all registered, we have many volcanic tunnels requiring repelling down a vertical shaft to get to them in and outside the lava beds, the WSU/USGS/PNSN have hired me to take them into some of these lava chambers to set up seismic instruments, the feds know very little about where these are, I have spent years locating them, I can go to 3 very large lava beds and hide easly

One of the caves in the lava beds

Ape Caves beginning.jpg photo068.jpg skylight_b.jpg

The drones have always been a large worry for me, but truly, where is a better place to hide? Urban centers are far too risky and will get out of hand very quickly. If you're looking to bug out to another property with another address, that wont save you. It's just another door for the Gestapo to knock on. They'll come knocking on any property I happen to own or live on, but I wont be there. US military technology is very very effective against anyone hiding away. What these caves will provide is time, so unless these drones catch me outside my cave at the exact right time, good luck to them. I will be prepared to deal with any threat, even if dealing with the threat is utterly futile. I'll go down fighting as an American, not a prisoner, and not as a subjugated civilian. Big words? Of course, but unless many many other Arizonans have the same idea as me, I doubt they'll waste their time and resources looking for just a few people who aren't immediate threats deep in the desert when they have bigger fish to fry as soon as the SHTF.

And under the circumstance of an illegal disarm, what is there to do in that situation? Shoot' back?

(Can't get rid of that emoticon by the way)

Member warned for borderline offensive conduct.
Non lethal resistance equals Hippylike Peace marches in the 60s to put an end to Vietnam War! I was in my early 20s and yes I considered myself a Hippy. People that wanted Peace, Civil Rights, and Government to be held accountable for a politically driven War where many young American Soldiers lost their lives for what? Many HIPPYS went off the Grid and became Homesteaders, became self sufficient and only wanted to be left alone and escape oppressive Government! Sounds to me like they shared a lot of the things "PREPPERS" of this Generation purpose to want? I marched in Washington ( took 8 Hrs to drive there ) Wrote letters to Editors and my State Representitives ( Before E - Mail ) and I believe the things I did may have played some small part in making change, ending War, Civil Rights. A lot of Posters here much smarter then me no Doubt!
If you want to know how to survive Martial Law here's the answer.... Get off your Dead ### and do something besides send dumbass Posts about where your gonna hide and how much s**t you should put in your "BUGOUT BAG" Pick a Day, any Day! The Sunday before Mid Term Elections would a good choice, go to your State Capitol Building ( too far? ) how about Town Hall? Spread the Word, go en Mass and tell your Town, State, Country all the same Crap you post every day! This POS we call , LMAO, Commander in Chief is going to do as much Damage to this Country as we allow! Other than that, grab a Leaf Blower and a Weed Whacker and head for Mexico!

Non lethal resistance equals Hippylike Peace marches in the 60s to put an end to Vietnam War! I was in my early 20s and yes I considered myself a Hippy. People that wanted Peace, Civil Rights, and Government to be held accountable for a politically driven War where many young American Soldiers lost their lives for what? Many HIPPYS went off the Grid and became Homesteaders, became self sufficient and only wanted to be left alone and escape oppressive Government! Sounds to me like they shared a lot of the things "PREPPERS" of this Generation purpose to want? I marched in Washington ( took 8 Hrs to drive there ) Wrote letters to Editors and my State Representitives ( Before E - Mail ) and I believe the things I did may have played some small part in making change, ending War, Civil Rights. A lot of Posters here much smarter then me no Doubt!
If you want to know how to survive Martial Law here's the answer.... Get off your Dead ### and do something besides send dumbass Posts about where your gonna hide and how much s**t you should put in your "BUGOUT BAG" Pick a Day, any Day! The Sunday before Mid Term Elections would a good choice, go to your State Capitol Building ( too far? ) how about Town Hall? Spread the Word, go en Mass and tell your Town, State, Country all the same Crap you post every day! This POS we call , LMAO, Commander in Chief is going to do as much Damage to this Country as we allow! Other than that, grab a Leaf Blower and a Weed Whacker and head for Mexico!

Very unwarranted comment you made here...I understand you are a new member, but please keep your tone with respect to all members.

Ctwilly49, many of us have seen war up front and very personal, many of us have seen the carnage during and following the wars, most of us DO NOT wish upon our own streets! the majority of us that have seen the carnage would encourage a peaceful solution above all else, please don't mistake us wanting and praying for a peaceful solution or bugging out as a weakness. Many of us don't trust the government because of what we have seen, I am not going to march on washington and protest anything while our Men and Women are dying over seas, instead of marching on washington I will bug out under any tyrant that also is not a weakness. A big difference between the hippies of the 60s and today's preppers!

EDITED to add:
All I seen from the hippie movement of the 60s destruction of a lot of pristine land, several areas along the washougal/columbia river, poluted river and tributaries around seattle, destroyed farm land northern florida and not to mention, the KGB had a lot of involvement in war protest! no, a lot of difference between the 60s and now

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back