Any ideas on how to survive martial law?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Non lethal resistance equals Hippylike Peace marches in the 60s to put an end to Vietnam War! I was in my early 20s and yes I considered myself a Hippy. People that wanted Peace, Civil Rights, and Government to be held accountable for a politically driven War where many young American Soldiers lost their lives for what? Many HIPPYS went off the Grid and became Homesteaders, became self sufficient and only wanted to be left alone and escape oppressive Government! Sounds to me like they shared a lot of the things "PREPPERS" of this Generation purpose to want? I marched in Washington ( took 8 Hrs to drive there ) Wrote letters to Editors and my State Representitives ( Before E - Mail ) and I believe the things I did may have played some small part in making change, ending War, Civil Rights. A lot of Posters here much smarter then me no Doubt!
If you want to know how to survive Martial Law here's the answer.... Get off your Dead ### and do something besides send dumbass Posts about where your gonna hide and how much s**t you should put in your "BUGOUT BAG" Pick a Day, any Day! The Sunday before Mid Term Elections would a good choice, go to your State Capitol Building ( too far? ) how about Town Hall? Spread the Word, go en Mass and tell your Town, State, Country all the same Crap you post every day! This POS we call , LMAO, Commander in Chief is going to do as much Damage to this Country as we allow! Other than that, grab a Leaf Blower and a Weed Whacker and head for Mexico!

Amen!

Non Lethal resistance to old timers meant hippy marches. To those of us born after the 60's It means ways of neutralizing ones opponent without killing them. I felt it unnecessary to explain but it would seem explanation is necessary. I have found that action speaks louder than words but, e-mails and letters can be deleted and ignored. The comment was on how to respond to police and military coming to take our guns. Non-lethal resistance does not mean march, it means making them regret coming to try so much that they decide to give up or winning will cost dearly. Doesn't mean I'm gonna win. I just plan on making it very difficult....

Last edited:
only way i can think of to avoid martial law much as possible,but yet not completly.is to live in the country.preferably in a remote area...a property line thick with trees under brush.and stock up on whats needed.while keeping quiet as possible about every thing...

keeping quiet as possible about every thing...
One of the reasons I would never want to be on those shows we tend to get producers, directors, or casting agents for.
Non of my neighbors know I prep, nor does the over whelming majority of my family. Reason for family not knowing is they are the
kind who will NEVER lift a finger, but rather find me when the SHTF!

I also agree that best way to avoid it is to go live on some remote acreage, and try to live off grid as much as possible.

I have been an Amateur "Ham" Radio for almost a year now, and there are some on the airwaves who don't own phones they use the radio to get their message across....

For example the other day fellow fellow from Las Vegas, NV came up on the WIN system (90+ linked repeaters) and asked someone here in California if they could make a phone call to his son to ask him to get on his radio, and contact him.

Of course you don't have a private conversation this way, but the government can't track who you are talking to.

Yes, they have your info via FCC licensing, and they can locate you through triangulation, but hell they can do all of that with more accuracy on a cell phone.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I would never want to be on those shows we tend to get producers, directors, or casting agents for.
Non of my neighbors know I prep, nor does the over whelming majority of my family. Reason for family not knowing is they are the
kind who will NEVER lift a finger, but rather find me when the SHTF!

I also agree that best way to avoid it is to go live on some remote acreage!
Clyde, you run a forum. And your HAM radio and licenses. And you're worried about exposure? Sorry to point out the obvious.

Clyde, you run a forum. And your HAM radio and licenses. And you're worried about exposure? Sorry to point out the obvious.
well i have taken as many measure to protect myself as i can. non of the addresses used are my actual physical address, and obviously my real name isn't clyde.
Besides I had to put up this website to help the rest of the planet!

Roninsensei / Thank you for taking the time to "Kindly Explain" how times change. I Appologize if I offended anyone. I was obviously on a Rant . What brought this on was listening to POTUS? At a Fund Raiser in Omaha calling Congress and basically anyone who does not think he's Allahs gift to the World of being HATERS!! All the while chuckling and acting like a "STANDUP COMIC"! And this, which really sent me over the Edge "COME ON, 2 MORE YRS AND THEN YOU CAN BE HATE'IN THE NEXT POTUS" to the Applause of all the DemLibs in the Crowd....ARGHHHHHHHH, FACEPLANT!! Is there no end to his ARROGANCE ?

Unfortunately, for us Americans that love or country, there doesn't seem to be..

That's true. Except some of us know what the government is up to. Being a formal SPEC Ops soldier, we had a intelligence officer in our fire team and man was he good. Even showed me how to bounce my IP Address around and place Bugs to keep onlookers from locating my location. I take my Identity Protection very seriously. And when you play soldier and uncover some s*** that scares the hell out of you that the government is hiding. You do everything to stay under the radar, while still helping your prepper community and like minded individuals out. Because when SHTF having additional social support with like minded individuals gives each of you the upper hand in survival and rebuilding!

I want to start by saying, I appreciate all the different opinions, etc. I will also admit to riding a roller coaster ride as to whether I will stay in place and fight for my rights, or whether I will bug out. One day I need to be very vocal, other days I can't say anything! Then I look for that balance, the fulcrum point so to say, that I am actively involved but yet able to exit when needed successfully. Okay, so I have no exit plan and I really am a sitting duck. I live 30 miles north of Atlanta and less than 2 miles from I-75...yes, I am worried. And, about a lot of things, natural and manmade. And, I have been here over 20 years. How, do you just walk away from that kind of lifetime investment? And, that puts me on a different mindset than say someone who rents an apartment. I actually know most of my neighbors. How do we achieve a workable balance? I am sick of extremes...and, unfortunately, you can take anything to an extreme! Evil takes over when good men sit at home and watch ball games or do anything other than participate in their family and local community. My personal opinion is big business cannot be allowed to take on an "identity"...no one is held accountable for their actions or choices in that framework. Until we crush most of these major corporations hold and stop giving them our dollar, we will loose, period. That would be an extremely painful experience for the American public...some of us are just beginning to wake up to just how spoiled we are as a whole. We are a welfare nation and as long as our government is looked at as an income stream that keeps us set up for demise. And, unfortunately, social security was the foothold that was needed to open that door. That was the beginning of the end of "freedom" as the Constitution described it. It took the responsibility of old age off the individual and the younger generations and put it on the government. That split the family dynamics...classic divide and conquer scenario. And, most of us sat around like ostriches going to work paying our bills watching TV not dreaming what was going on right under our noses. But, this is what you call consequences to choices. And, I pray the day does not come that armed men come to my door to try to forcefully remove me because they think it is the "right thing to do"...I pray that a natural disaster doesn't wipe out my home...I pray that if I have to go back to a certain amount of the ancient hunter/gatherer mentality that the good Lord makes the way. That is what I pray, what I know, the Bible says end times will be hard, natural disasters, etc. will increase and only those who are prepared will stand a chance. So, I hope everyone who reads this will also strive to "put back more than they take", get active and if nothing else plant some tomatoes in a bucket...care for that bucket of tomatoes and if you do not like tomatoes find someone who does and give them to them. Or, better yet, plant something you will eat. And, I find the time to be active here, and I find the time to make happen the important things...no cable, no Xbox, but a laptop and a smartphone that is used to promote the lifestyle I actively live, not just talk about. I believe in technology but I also deeply understood what that www stood for...world wide meant exactly world wide. You can try to "hide under the radar"...not sure how successful you would be if truly a target by a determined force...especially with today's technology. So, the martial law thing is just another one of those worries and concerns added to the list of all the other craziness in this world. A long journey for a short path...just an opinion from one fifty year old woman. I strive for a balance physically, mentally and spiritually.

ginger.you asked
How, do you just walk away from that kind of lifetime investment?
now i ask.whats more important? you and family? or the property? i dont want to let go of anything if i should have to bug out for what ever reasons.BUT,i will leave things behind,simply because i consider my mom and me to be more important then earthly items.so if i have to.i will up and leave if i have to..on account i dont consider a possion to be worth a human life..

ginger.you asked now i ask.whats more important? you and family? or the property? i dont want to let go of anything if i should have to bug out for what ever reasons.BUT,i will leave things behind,simply because i consider my mom and me to be more important then earthly items.so if i have to.i will up and leave if i have to..on account i dont consider a possion to be worth a human life..

You have a point, certainly life is more important and always will be. That investment helped to raise 3 girls, gave them stability I did not have growing up...my Momma changed families like most people change their underwear...always moving. I was determined to stay in one place with one man, if at all possible, I missed it the first marriage, been married 22 years this go around, single with identical twins for 8 years in between marriages. Stability is way up there on my list of wants! I have often wondered if all that pillar to post stuff growing up is giving me the capability to be successful at bugging out if the need does arrive, I was pretty successful at graduating high school, getting a decent job and then starting my own company that has successfully shown at least enough of a profit thru these last 20 years to pay for our home(a doublewide on an acre) and keep the lights on, and society was constantly telling me how worthless I was because of my Mom and Dad(alcoholic). As a child I was even kicked out of a church because of my Momma's choices...and, now, unfortunately she is one of those full fledged prescription drug addicts and the only time you hear from her is when she wants drugs. My Dad hasn't spoken to me in over 13 years, since I called to tell him his son was going to have a heart transplant at 29 years old...he actually moved and left no forwarding address. I have had more strangers be kind to me than my own family...I have heard that blood is thicker than water...not always, I am a testament to that. Leaves me with a unique perspective on a lot of issues...be thankful for your Mom...not every Mom tries.

Now, onto martial law...I have a BOB, and I have seriously been working on my stamina for walking. I only weigh 125 lbs. and I am 6' tall, I cannot carry much weight. I do not like violence and try to avoid it all costs...but, if you invade my home, my community...under almost any circumstance...well, I heard a song one time that said you must stand for something or you will fall for anything...not sure I can just walk away! There are almost 30 years of blood, sweat, tears, laughter, memories and money invested in this doublewide...granted it is not much but it is ours. So, I still sit on that fence and I do not know what the future will bring...will I get to stay or will I have to go...I am trying to prepare for both. As of right now, I strive for a balance of practicing to grow my own food and the ability to forage off the land, and have clean water. If I have just those two skills, especially me being a woman, I should be able to survive and maybe even thrive, no matter the future. I will have something worthwhile to bring to anyone's camp, if I find myself run out of my own! I will continue to learn and practice what I am learning until the day the Lord sees fit to end it.

first,i must admit.that you have had a hard time of it.and it appears to me that you have a good head on your shoulders.and with good morals.having stability in ones life is of great importance..be it now,and after a shtf situation alike..stability needs to be there,for one person and families alike..and that should be at the top of everyones list..standing for something should always be a part of a persons life.or the person is liable to fail in life..and it looks like that you stand for all the right things in life.and im sure that your husband and kids are proud of you.keeping your land and home is of great importance...the land here is idea for gardens.there's ample water supply here..i live 6 miles out of town..but yet,i'll have to bug out eventually...but the family is more important.i do intend to bug in.but yet.i know that wont last..in which we will bug out no matter what when the time comes.i'll hate the idea of leaving things behind.but yet,it'll be a must.and i hope that i'll have a bug out location by the time that happens..

None of us truly knows what will happen tomorrow, it's why I like to say, I am prepping for what I don't know not what I do know. Prepping is like a religion, it gives hope, hope being the foundation to survivability! Prepping is only 1% what we learn is 99% of survivability, we must put more emphasis on learning not how much gear we have. Martial Law would be no different then any other SHTF scenario.

A suggestion for those of us who are stuck in populated areas that are more prone to coming under Martial Law quickly: Do not put all your preps in one place. Keep your kitchen looking like everyone else's with just a week or two worth of food in it. Hide the rest in unlikely places whenever possible. Same with weapons, water, bug out gear, etc.. If the city comes under Martial Law for any length of time they may confiscate what you have if you have a lot - unless they don't know it exists.

A suggestion for those of us who are stuck in populated areas that are more prone to coming under Martial Law quickly: Do not put all your preps in one place. Keep your kitchen looking like everyone else's with just a week or two worth of food in it. Hide the rest in unlikely places whenever possible. Same with weapons, water, bug out gear, etc.. If the city comes under Martial Law for any length of time they may confiscate what you have if you have a lot - unless they don't know it exists.

Over my dead body, lol. Seriously, though.

Martial Law may state they can enter and seize items in my home. However, gonna be a lot of blood shed on the intruding parties side. My Common Sense is a little different but no one is entering my home to seize anything, lol. You will be silenced from over 900 meters away easy. Americans built this land and country. I worked my ### off to get forward in life. Martial Law (BEING used now a days) is just to keep folks from standing against the corrupt government, because they know a lot of people are getting pissed off with the B.S. that traitorous Thug and his wife we have in office are currently destroying this Beautiful Country!

So no. The Martial Law is a cop-out. For that Fascist Terrorist PIG is using to control the population. Just watch, seriously just watch. I know at-least 60% of the armed forces and local/state PD's will not follow his reign when he orders Martial Law into effect.

Latest posts

Back