antibiotics

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of antibiotics - anything you can give a pig you can give a human. I wouldn't recommend swine anti-biotics for everyday use under normal circumstances; however, for an emergency. Also, when you go to the doctor, ask for free samples of anti-biotics that they get all the time from pharmacy sales-people and stockpile.

Speaking of antibiotics - anything you can give a pig you can give a human. I wouldn't recommend swine anti-biotics for everyday use under normal circumstances; however, for an emergency. Also, when you go to the doctor, ask for free samples of anti-biotics that they get all the time from pharmacy sales-people and stockpile.
also, as mentioned in other threads, you can buy " 'cillins" at fish/pet stores, and even "animal antibiotic on e-Bay.

This stuff can give you a blue tint if taken internally, the body has no way of shedding silver!

people meds from India/Canada/Mexico for me. Fish meds for my fish.

Which ones?
Try calvetsupply.com. I've mentioned them before. Just about any antibiotic you can think of at reasonable prices. And in the US, animal/fish meds are manufactured in the same plant as human meds. You don't think companies would go to the expense of building a separate plant for a much smaller supply/demand, do you?

Try calvetsupply.com. I've mentioned them before. Just about any antibiotic you can think of at reasonable prices. And in the US, animal/fish meds are manufactured in the same plant as human meds. You don't think companies would go to the expense of building a separate plant for a much smaller supply/demand, do you?
Appreciate the tip, I'll look them up. I found one company a while ago, and they were really reasonable, until you got to shipping and handeling. As far as smaller demand, are you kidding. We treat our cats and dogs better in this country than lots of children in the world. Vet offices are everywhere, and they are big business. I read somewhere that the FDA required the companies to make the antibiotics all the same so it reduces the wrong thing being given, so each type of antibiotic is colored and sized differently from the others, whether it's for humans or animals. But make no mistake, it is the exact same pill, with the same ingredients and standards for humans or animals.

Brent, granted we do treat our pets well (which is how I know about calvetsupply), but the demand for antibiotics for humans is much higher. There is also a big price difference. Animal antibiotics are higher priced than human, however, since you can buy animal antibiotics over the counter, you save by not having to pay the vet bill. Sorry all you wonderful veterinarians out there but I've given them more than enough money for other services over the years.

Latest posts

Back