antibiotic options

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARTYR

Reaction score
i am curious what antibiotics if any are available outside of the pharmacy. I have heard of "fishmox" or something along those lines but are there any other options? Most of my preparations are food/water/shelter/firearm based but i am concerned about what might happen to my wife/daughter if antibiotics were not available. I apologize if this post has already been covered, i am still new to the internet.

Thanks!,
Marty

Fish meds can be used. I don't mess with them, I just use what we use for the rest of the animals here on the farm. Cut Heal is something you might want in a first aid kit. It's for horses, but let me tell you it helps to heal up cuts like you wouldn't believe.

There are also people who utilize the overseas pharmacies for antibiotics, they generally are fairly lax on prescriptions. Alldaychemist.com is one.

thank you very much. cut heal sounds like some stuff i want to get. ill also look into the website you gave.

Thanks,
Marty

If you have antibiotics on hand , they are still effective after the expiration date , possibly for two years (give or take ) , just not quite as effective. FYI

There was a study I read where they found meds were still just as effective up to ten years after expiration, depending on how they were stored. Ill have to see if I can find it

Don't stockpile tetracycline, doxycycline, or any other antibiotic. Those will become toxic after their expiration date. Any of the others as long as it's not a liquid like children's antibiotics keep for years.

For CutHeal, you'll need to get it where they sell supplies for horses, like Tractor Supply. Might be easier to just order it online. There are quite a few drugs in the animal world that work just as good if not better for people. In a while I'll head out to the barn and write down the brand names of different drugs and what they do.

Also important to note that a lot of people are allergic to certain antibiotics, like penicillin. Have to keep that in mind when using them, it cut turn a nasty laceration into a life threatening reaction to a preventative medication. That being said, if society collapsed and there is no professional medical care available it's a toss in the air about if you will actually be able to help someone who needs aid.

thanks a bunch everyone. lot of new info to think about. i truly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Marty

Hi guys did you know you can use essential oils as antibiotics? They have a typical shelf life of 30 years. I have a wealth of info on the subject! Here is a place to start my doterra you can also ask me questions here.

thats advertiseing angela...and thats against the rules here when you dont have permission from clyde...so you might want to edit what you posted

Angela, this is not a free space for advertising your business. If you wish to do so, you need to get in touch with the owner and pay for the ad space.

There was a study I read where they found meds were still just as effective up to ten years after expiration, depending on how they were stored. Ill have to see if I can find it

As a healthcare provider and a prepper who stockpiles antibiotics, let me say that ABSOLUTELY medications can be kept safely for many years past the expiration date.
I keep the antibiobics in the freezer but if that was not an option, then yes, depending on the medication, they may begin to lose their efficacy after two plus years. Yes, there are pharmacies in Europe and Canada that will sell you medications without a prescription but so will veterinary supply catalogs: Amoxicillin and Doxycycline to name a couple.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

i am curious what antibiotics if any are available outside of the pharmacy. I have heard of "fishmox" or something along those lines but are there any other options? Most of my preparations are food/water/shelter/firearm based but i am concerned about what might happen to my wife/daughter if antibiotics were not available. I apologize if this post has already been covered, i am still new to the internet.

Thanks!,
Marty
various fungi act as antibacterials.. however take into account that most serious things requiring antibiotics these days are a bit like firing at a tank with a BB gun. I still use some to wipe an area that starts bleeding due to gouges and scrapes.

http://plants.alaska.gov/publications/pdf/Conks.pdf

Most horse items work fine for humans. In fact, there's a Mane & Tail shampoo that so many folks started using, they made a human version of it....lol

Thanks!,
Marty

I worked for a pharmaceutical company for 16 years and my daughter is a former pharmacy tech. The fish antibiotics are the exact same thing as what is prescribed for humans. I promise. DO NOT use meds that are prescribed for horses or cattle.

Don't stockpile tetracycline, doxycycline, or any other antibiotic. Those will become toxic after their expiration date. Any of the others as long as it's not a liquid like children's antibiotics keep for years.

For CutHeal, you'll need to get it where they sell supplies for horses, like Tractor Supply. Might be easier to just order it online. There are quite a few drugs in the animal world that work just as good if not better for people. In a while I'll head out to the barn and write down the brand names of different drugs and what they do.
Who told you these become toxic? They simply lose their potency.

Latest posts

Back