antibiotic options

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im allergic to amoxacillin (or however u spell it)

but I can take them the only thing that happens is my stomach hurts (not life threatening)

but I can take them the only thing that happens is my stomach hurts (not life threatening)

All antibiotics have the potential side effect of GI upset. But, that doesn't equate with an "allergy" to them. Actual allergic reactions to antibiotics vary in severity from a simple rash to an anaphaltic reaction--one which results in the cessation of respirations. The thing to remember with a true allergy to antibiotics is that once you have had a reaction, each subsequent exposure will result in a more severe reaction...this is one of those things that you will NOT build up a tolerance to! If you ever experienced a reaction, guaranteed you will again, only one of greater severity the next time.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

This is what I buy $22 a bottle at our local feed store (fishbiotics) I have used these for my animals and myself

Antibiotics are readily available from Canadian and European pharmacies as well. Same manufacturers and same packing as those purchased here in the US. Also, last time we were in Mexico, I purchased Z-Packs for $15 each. Its interesting in the Mexican pharmacies, prescription meds are cheap, OTC meds like Ibuprofen or Tylenol are seriously expensive...haven't a clue why the reverse of here!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Found this very useful and informative article/blog on "Guide to Veterinary Drugs for Human Consumption, Post-SHTF"
http://www.truthistreason.net/guide...r-human-consumption-post-shtf#sthash.9Mkx1znA
Also found http://www.doomandbloom.net helpful. Real info from a doctor. They have several articles on the use of survival antibiotics, both the importance of having and dangers of indiscriminately using them. Good luck and stay safe........
Great sites spike! I am not very computer literate but I've got to learn how you do these links in your writing. I really don't want to use any antibiotics until I have to, but after all this info I'll add a variety of these to my stash, along with some printed dosage info and common uses for each.

Yeah! I scored pretty well today, while cleaning under a I stairwell I found my wife's nursing books, including drug references, med surg., and several diagonistic ones. Most of these are a few years old, but I think having some printed materials on hand could be good in case the lights ( and internet) ever go out for an extended time. My hardest issue with prepping is my wife. She has several advanced medical issues, and is on a long list of meds, including serious pain management. She isn't completely bed bound yet but isn't too far from it. She isn't on board with preparing as she says she wouldn't want to go on if we have an event. I can't say I don't understand, but is a tough issue.

thank you very much. cut heal sounds like some stuff i want to get. ill also look into the website you gave.

Thanks,
Marty
You may also check out EMT gel, not for human use, (Tractor Supply) please don't tell me or all of the guys that hunt and work together. It might stop working. Any EMT gel is collagen based, covers the wound like a scab, and will keep the junk out, it is breathable, aids in the clotting cascade.
Good luck, be safe, God bless

Your intestinal tract has beneficial bacteria that are a natural part of both your digestive system and your immune system. Oral antibiotics kill these bacteria, which is what causes the digestive problems. To help maintain the beneficial bacteria, eat Greek yogurt. Get a brand that has 5 active cultures like Fage.

You may also check out EMT gel, not for human use, (Tractor Supply) please don't tell me or all of the guys that hunt and work together. It might stop working. Any EMT gel is collagen based, covers the wound like a scab, and will keep the junk out, it is breathable, aids in the clotting cascade.
Good luck, be safe, God bless
I just got a spray can of wound cote from tractor supply, I've been told it works great for people too. Stay well

Latest posts

Back