Must Read Antibiotic Dosing Chart per Disease

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
https://prepschooldaily.blogspot.com/

I thought this chart might be helpful in considering common conditions for which you will want to have antibiotics and the usual dosages per course of treatment. I figured it might be a means of determining the numbers of any given antibiotic that you want to have on hand. THIS IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANY GIVEN MEDICAL CONDITION. It is only to help you calculate quantities you may wish to acquire for your family.

Worth noting if you have a severe penicillin allergy you shouldn't be taking amoxicillin as it's in the same class.

https://prepschooldaily.blogspot.com/

I thought this chart might be helpful in considering common conditions for which you will want to have antibiotics and the usual dosages per course of treatment. I figured it might be a means of determining the numbers of any given antibiotic that you want to have on hand. THIS IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANY GIVEN MEDICAL CONDITION. It is only to help you calculate quantities you may wish to acquire for your family.

With respect,

This is a great first start, but as Dr. can attest to it does not mention anything about sensitivity and resistance.
That's why usually when you go to your provider they take a swab or a sample of whatever body fluid or cavity is infected... so they can do a test on it in the lab to see what antibiotics will work to kill what bacteria is making you sick. You can have a urinary tract infection and take all the Macrobid in the world, but unless that UTI "bug" is vulnerable to it, your infection is not going to heal from that specific drug... it's not gonna work.
Now I know and understand that we are speaking in times like TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI, but just keep this in the back of your minds. And some of those antibiotics can be very harsh on the kidneys and livers- especially if you already have any pre-existing conditions. Please exercise caution.
Erqueen75:USA:

With respect,

This is a great first start, but as Dr. can attest to it does not mention anything about sensitivity and resistance.
That's why usually when you go to your provider they take a swab or a sample of whatever body fluid or cavity is infected... so they can do a test on it in the lab to see what antibiotics will work to kill what bacteria is making you sick. You can have a urinary tract infection and take all the Macrobid in the world, but unless that UTI "bug" is vulnerable to it, your infection is not going to heal from that specific drug... it's not gonna work.
Now I know and understand that we are speaking in times like TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI, but just keep this in the back of your minds. And some of those antibiotics can be very harsh on the kidneys and livers- especially if you already have any pre-existing conditions. Please exercise caution.
Erqueen75:USA:

Which is why I don't use antibiotics, I use CDS. Much more effective, much more reliable and a lot safer.

to the f....... nay sayers - WTF ??????????? >>>>>> THIS IS A PREPPER SITE !!!!!!!!!

if you don't understand the stockpiling of SHTF medical - take it elsewhere - go back to the idiot Reddit sites and leave the REAL prepper sites to their prepping .....
No one is nay-saying but there is such a thing as being smart about your preps too.
You would want to invest in a great water filter, why would you want to waste a precious antibiotic stash if it was not helpful towards the bug you are treating?
Everyone has their area of expertise, and area to help. I know jack sh!t about ham radios and ask questions, it would serve to reason that we could comment on proper antibiotic therapy in a SHTF scenario.

Since there were some questions about dosing. Here are some books from my library.

Attachments

• Antibiotic-Indications-and-Dose1.pdf
    385 KB · Views: 9
  • CdM-Antibio1-DosageGuidelines-Adults-en.pdf
    226.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CdM-Antibio1-DosageGuidelines-Children-en.pdf
    326.1 KB · Views: 8
Here are some additional books.

Attachments

• Antibioitcs_guide_2013.pdf
    782.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Antibiotic_guidelines.pdf