Anti-Marauder Ideas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Wanted to jot down a few anti-marauder ideas, and also provide a place for others to do likewise.

1. Fences, fences, fences. Slows an attacker, and gives you a good time to pick them off with a long gun.

2. Vehicle posts. Anchor them in concrete, and can make it difficult for folks to try and drive onto your property (and/or through your fences)

3. Concrete emplacements (built from cinder blocks, rebar and concrete) to make firing positions (can use as planters prior to SHTF)

4. Bright flashing lights (to impede night vision, and even normal human vision of attacking force).

5. Scorched earth policy (poison select food and water supplies if you have to flee). Come back and clean up the bodies after.

6. Step traps (small pits with a board at the bottom with long nails)

7. Warning alarms (motion detectors).

8. Neighbors (mutual defense agreement and plans).

9. Hiding places (so they can't take EVERYTHING even if they win the engagement).

10. Escape method (in case you are overrun).

What other ideas are out there?

scout your terrain,you know every bump and stone
map out firing positions and make them to blend in your enviroment
I would make and place out molotov-cocktails on secure locations

If the 'compound' is fixen to be over run, upon escaping in a predetermine area, set off a mixture of muriatic acid and chlorine (timing being everything), they won't stay around long hopefully preventing equipment and store from being looted (it will take 24hrs for the air to clear though) just a thought.

Hesco bastions. Filled with dirt or sand holds back about everything. Easily self made and if u feel like they need to b on an other place just empty them and move to desired position.

Hesco bastions. Filled with dirt or sand holds back about everything. Easily self made and if u feel like they need to b on an other place just empty them and move to desired position.

Hesco's would work out in the plains perfectly, though for my area I don't think I can afford to lose that much soil. I seen the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers using Hesco's locally, first I ever heard of them.. they didn't have these cool things when I was in the Service... just sand bags

I too have thought of Hescos, but I have NO dirt at all for all intents and purposes. It's all rocky ground that's very hard to dig even a post hole.

Graynomad, do yo have well-rings out of concrete?? we have them here about 60cm in height, fill the bottom part with whatever soil you have and the top with gardeningsoil, grow your veggies and if needed use 'em for cover

I'm sure we do, but the term "well ring" is not familiar to me. I bought these recently for an incinerator

140425ABC_0003.jpg

Three 600mm diameter by about 300mm high pipe offcuts, too small for what we're talking about but larger ones would be around. Damn heavy though.

There are raised garden beds around made from rolled corrugated iron

garden_bed.jpg

These are light and pretty cheap. Or I can just DIY using the same 8x2" planks I'm using for the house.

But I guess concrete would have better ballistic properties.

those "rings" are what I ment :)
yup,heavy as hell they are as yoda would say it, that raised bed looks absolutely great :D .
we use those kind of rings to support the walls of a well if you dig it the old way and on top a concrete lid.

looking at pics here for rootcellars and reised beds makes you really wanna have your own place

that looks nice, like nothing you wanna have your car stuck in

that looks nice, like nothing you wanna have your car stuck in
I have destroyed several vehicles in it. Torn frame, burnt out transmission, exhaust system torn off, destroyed power steering sector, bent drive shaft, countless U-Joints shot, you name it.

My uncle got stuck so bad that he had to be pushed out with a bulldozer. Then the bulldozer got stuck. I think that day set the record with eight vehicles stuck on the place in one day. LOL every vehicle that was there got stuck that day EXCEPT my car.

I've stuck a horse, my father pulled a buck out of the mud, my cousin's bird dog got stuck, etc. etc. etc.

natures best defence and what's amazing in this world of today; it's free :)

We have this everywhere, hard to control but make a excellent barrier, stinging nettles the toxic material is a combination of acid and antigenic protein, when the "needle" penetrates the skin, the tip breaks and the juice is injected very very painful, I can plant a few and this stuff it would take off like wild fire, at night it looks like a regular weed if you can see it until you brush up against it, during the day if you don't know what they are, your in trouble, we get a lot of city folk up here and leave not long after once they encounter this weed

plant-Nettle-Stinging.jpg

I have that at my garden where my compost is, lovely plant ;)
you know , think that you do,that young nettles can be used like spinach and the old ones to make a organic pesticide to keep bugs away from your plants.

you don't wanna relive yourself close to those for the risk of skin contact

reminds me of a time when I saw a guy drive with his bike into those,well he wasn't sober and when he did crawl up he was in pain too:eek:

reminds me of a time when I saw a guy drive with his bike into those,well he wasn't sober and when he did crawl up he was in pain too:eek:

We had a women on the pacific crest trail slide into a mess of them, they wrapped around the neck, she was wearing a tank top and shorts, 60% of her body was stung, our S&R team was activated to go and get her and bring her into a clearing for Life-Flight to take her to the emergency room, she was treated for anaphylactic and neurogenic shock

how the hell do you go hiking in a tank-top? you fall it hurts just more.
she was lucky your S&R team got her out in time, people usually think well it's only some nettles

Latest posts

Back