Antennas for strict HOA's

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Being one who lives in a condo complex that has very strict antenna rules, and is unwilling to work with people I thought I would share a couple of antennas I have heard about for just such a situation.

1. MFJ - MFJ-1622 APARTMENT ANTENNA, HF, 40M-2M ($99.95)
MFJ-1622.jpg

2. Alpha Antenna - 6-80 Meter EzMilitary in a 16" bag with Match & Mount ($249 - 348)
Alpha_MicroMil_Antenna_Deployed_640x480.jpg

HOA or not, sometimes hiding a big antenna isn't a bad idea. Personally, I'm going to run one up the same pole as my high mounted garage/yard light pole, as I plan to have a HAM base unit setup in the garage.

HOA or not, sometimes hiding a big antenna isn't a bad idea. Personally, I'm going to run one up the same pole as my high mounted garage/yard light pole, as I plan to have a HAM base unit setup in the garage.
I am trying to figure out how to get one up in my attic. The issue I have is it is only 4.5 feet high..... sigh.....
If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to comment.

Well if you are trying to get a long antenna in your attic you could lay it longways in the direction you talk the most . Of course thatd mess up reception from every other angle . If you are talking ham reception only you can run a long wire from one end to the other & just tap into it .

Here is a gutter antenna for reception

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a scanner antenna but can be used on 2 meter to transmit and receive as well. I have one in my attic

Harbor freight flagpole , antenna on top

Could always do an antenna that only goes up when in use, and folds or collapses down when not in use.

I will be making a 9:1 unbalanced to unbalanced End Fed Antenna in the coming week.
My goal is to make it multi band... hopefully 40 meter - 10 meter.
If I am lucky, I might eek out 80 meters, but that is going to take a long ### 18 AWG wire.....

Latest posts

Back