Another thought, what food source will take off?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Albert

Reaction score
Without oil driven ships which overfish the oceans, one of our favorite and most healthy foods will rebound. We will once again see wooden ships with sails going up and down the coast harvesting fish like they did back in the beginning of our USA. People will migrate to the coast for jobs because canning, smoking and freezing will become major industries. Yes, freezing will be big because of solar technology. I suggest to you if you are near, migrate close to the ocean. No, not Palm Beach, Florida or anywhere that the populous is spoiled but the Carolinas, and some points North.
Good luck to all you Preppers whereever you are.

looking at it that way..so will be other things when it comes to solar technology..like supplying othes with electric.canning.maybe diff types of foods.so on so on..and maybe solar powered ships as well..and maybe wind power as well..

i've heard that some ppl collect enough solar power that they actully sell solar power to the power companys

Several large farms in my area have solar systems that look sci-fi / panels ,windmills ........ high -tech stuff , I'm sure it takes plenty dollars to get on board but I understand they can (write off ) a fair amount............As far as the post , I'll be eating squirrels and rabbits.

I don't eat that much in the way of fish, it just doesn't like me that well. Where I'm at isn't too shabby as far as natural ways to go in foodstuffs.

One thing a lot of people may have overlooked is kudzu, the vine that ate the south. It's edible and tastes pretty good, kind of like spinach.

looking at it that way..so will be other things when it comes to solar technology..like supplying othes with electric.canning.maybe diff types of foods.so on so on..and maybe solar powered ships as well..and maybe wind power as well..
This makes me wonder, why has no one harvested the energy of the ocean? We are talking about huge waves of water that could run generators forever.

and that means finding some place that always has huge waves..i know there are some locations that do..but ii gotta say,good luck at finding a spot that not only has huge waves.but is a all around good location as well.that means a good location for the waves.plenty viewing area to watch for ppl that are approceing,food sorces as well as fish,fire wood and/or coal if needed.so on so on..

This makes me wonder, why has no one harvested the energy of the ocean? We are talking about huge waves of water that could run generators forever.

There is actually two types of energy harvested from the ocean, one is current where turbines are place on the ocean floor and use the current to spin the turbines thus creating energy and also there is tidal energy which is placed within cliff sides and uses the power of the waves crashing against the turbine to create energy.

i got to wondering about the tidal wave part.and still am..so i guess i gotta google it to at least get a idea of how that works..water current is easy enough to figure out.it's just a matter of comeing up with a turbine that works with the current..

There is actually two types of energy harvested from the ocean, one is current where turbines are place on the ocean floor and use the current to spin the turbines thus creating energy and also there is tidal energy which is placed within cliff sides and uses the power of the waves crashing against the turbine to create energy.
Why are they so scarce? The ocean is huge, surrounds our borders...all these cities should be using it. Is it because the rich who own almost every inch of our coastline don't want energy harvesting equipment spoiling their views?

Don't mean to press but where'd ya' get the title? I've got all kinds of titles, it depends on who's talkin' about me. lol

there's a creek sevral yards from here.so a turbine that'd work there would be great.but it's the matter of comeing up with the needed set up to run the power/electric from there to here.and there's plenty of open land here for crops of diffrent types.there deer rabbits fish wild hog,and diff other animals for meat...

there's a creek sevral yards from here.so a turbine that'd work there would be great.but it's the matter of comeing up with the needed set up to run the power/electric from there to here.and there's plenty of open land here for crops of diffrent types.there deer rabbits fish wild hog,and diff other animals for meat...
It's been my experience that it takes a lot of water power to spin a turbine that will generate a decent amount of electricity. We experimented with this up in the hills off of a natural spring. So when I suggested ocean movement, I was thinking it would take a lot of them, grouped together to make it happen. It's something to look at.

good point..but im thinking along the lines of the basics of the creek and a turbine thats small/large enough for every day basic needs.like flushing-showers and washing hand ect ect..maybe 1 to 3 lights dureing the day/night when needed..and thats because im not close to the ocean..but the ocean idea is a good one..especilly if you have property on the oeacn,

good point..but im thinking along the lines of the basics of the creek and a turbine thats small/large enough for every day basic needs.like flushing-showers and washing hand ect ect..maybe 1 to 3 lights dureing the day/night when needed..and thats because im not close to the ocean..but the ocean idea is a good one..especilly if you have property on the oeacn,
On the north west coast I couldn't stand living there because of the fog. You'd get half a day of sunshine in the summer and I Live For The Sun. So the coast is out for me. I'm a mountain kinda' guy and wish I could move back to the west side of the Sierrras maybe around the Sacramento area. That's my dream anyway.

IMHO when it hits the fan, those who can will strip/desecrate all natural resources for food, THEN it will really get bad!!

Latest posts

Back