Another new guy

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenv1950

Reaction score
Just another retired old guy... Grew up in the Catskill Mountains dairy farm country or it was and I'm still here . Retired from plumbing & well pump installation . 3 daughters 5 Grand daughters & 4 Great grand daughters & 2 Great grandsons , oh, and an xwife 😂 re-married someone the same age as my oldest daughter 😈 Shot hand gun comp. for a lot of years . Just got over Lyme that lasted 8 months left me with some problems , right after that my pancreas went bad... Thats about it .
Fr1paMK.jpg

Greetings and welcome to the coolest hangout for know-it-alls. Just kidding.
Hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to jump in on the conversations. We might growl a bit, but we don't bite.
Well, maybe Rellgar will. lol.

Love the rifle! I shoot black powder weapons. Gotta love a set trigger. Wish my AK had one.
Hmmm. I might need to tinker with that idea now.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you're not another youngster showing up and telling us how we're doing everything wrong. The inside front of the trigger guard, that little piece pushes for reloading & the plate swings down & forward with a odd zigzag spring? If so, I was playing with one like it (no double trigger) just the other day. The mechanism was just odd to me, but I suppose we all get used to what we use.

I hope you're prepared, there isn't much time I fear to be just starting.

The inside front of the trigger guard, that little piece pushes for reloading & the plate swings down & forward with a odd zigzag spring? If so, I was playing with one like it (no double trigger) just the other day. The mechanism was just odd to me, but I suppose we all get used to what we use.
I think all the Mausers are like that but many don't have the bump, my Mausers do not. It's a little bit awkward to push it without the bump. I think you are supposed to use the tip of a FMJ bullet to push it. With just my fingers, I have to start it from the inside then grab it on the outside and pull out.

I think all the Mausers are like that but many don't have the bump, my Mausers do not. It's a little bit awkward to push it without the bump. I think you are supposed to use the tip of a FMJ bullet to push it. With just my fingers, I have to start it from the inside then grab it on the outside and pull out.
Welcome aboard. Glad to see you're not another youngster showing up and telling us how we're doing everything wrong. The inside front of the trigger guard, that little piece pushes for reloading & the plate swings down & forward with a odd zigzag spring? If so, I was playing with one like it (no double trigger) just the other day. The mechanism was just odd to me, but I suppose we all get used to what we use.

I hope you're prepared, there isn't much time I fear to be just starting.
Button on the trigger guard is for unloading. Mine was built by Joh. Spinger .... The story is , after WWII Springer started making custom Mausers for our service members.. I actualy met Ottoo

Attachments

• mauser.JPG
    mauser.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back