ANOTHER case in Dallas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hospital that treated Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan had to learn on the fly how to control the deadly virus, adding new layers of protective gear for workers in what became a losing battle to keep the contagion from spreading, a top official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.
the CDC sent disease detectives to help track down people who might have been exposed, but the agency largely let the hospital handle its own infection control.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ff2414-53cf-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html

The nurses alleged that:

— Duncan was kept in a non-isolated area of the emergency department for several hours, potentially exposing up to seven other patients to Ebola;

— Patients who may have been exposed to Duncan were kept in isolation only for a day before being moved to areas where there were other patients;

— Nurses treating Duncan were also caring for other patients in the hospital;

— Preparation for Ebola at the hospital amounted to little more than an optional seminar for staff;

— In the face of constantly shifting guidelines, nurses were allowed to follow whichever ones they chose.

“There was no advance preparedness on what to do with the patient, there was no protocol, there was no system,” Burger said.

Even today, Burger said, some hospital staff at the Dallas hospital do not have proper equipment to handle the outbreak.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/nurses-union-ebola-patient-left-in-open-area-of-er-for-hours/

I'm sorry...I'm just trying to keep my head from spinning right now.

With every line, my jaw got closer and closer to the floor. (which is a feat when your head is spinning).

To quote Kyle's mom (South Park)...."What, what, WHAT???"

You have to be kidding me? Just maddening.....

You know this means we're going to see more at this hospital develop Ebola, right?

Never mind What What What, think about Prep Prep Prep, If that second patient has passed on the infection then the excreta is definitely going to hit the impeller , we all must get more proactive so if the fed do screw up we won't be caught out.

Latest posts

Back