And so it begins...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yobudro

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently started thinking about how I can prepare myself and my fiancé in the event that we would need to bug out of the city where we live and survive on our own away from modern day conveniences. In the state of the world as it is today and the inevitable down fall of the dollar on the horizon, I believe that there will be a catastrophe change in the way normal day to day life will be in a few short years. I am very new to the idea of prepping, but feel that it is a step in the right direction to be ready for whatever occurs. I joined this forum to get a better understanding of survival techniques and ideas to stay alive if I would need to leave my modern day life behind. I hope I can network with other like minded people on here and both grow and help in the objective of survival. Thank you all for making a resource like this available.

Yobudro

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas here.

how I can prepare myself and my fiancé in the event that we would need to bug out of the city where we live and survive on our own away from modern day conveniences

My advice is to try and hook up with someone who is prepping in your area, and has a more rural location. Your first challenge is going to be having a PLACE to go, vs. just the woods. Think of skills you have to bring to the table, and start a dialogue. Many often look for others who can join them in such a time, just in case, as we all have different skills (and the best way to survive, is in numbers). Be sure to have BOBs (Bug Out Bags) with supplies to get you there, and likely they'd want you to bring as many supplies as you can.

Other advice. Do some camping trips. You'll learn real quick what you can live without, and what you can't. ;)

Hello, glad you joined the team! Ill add that prepper podcasts from iTunes is also a pretty way to get ideas and know a little more about it, at least, it helped me out a lot.:)

Hello all,

I have recently started thinking about how I can prepare myself and my fiancé in the event that we would need to bug out of the city where we live and survive on our own away from modern day conveniences. In the state of the world as it is today and the inevitable down fall of the dollar on the horizon, I believe that there will be a catastrophe change in the way normal day to day life will be in a few short years. I am very new to the idea of prepping, but feel that it is a step in the right direction to be ready for whatever occurs. I joined this forum to get a better understanding of survival techniques and ideas to stay alive if I would need to leave my modern day life behind. I hope I can network with other like minded people on here and both grow and help in the objective of survival. Thank you all for making a resource like this available.

Yobudro
Welcome!
Jump on into the conversations! Ask questions and know that by simply having "thought through" the process of the need to be prepared, puts you head and shoulders above the vast majority of the population. Start by assembling a Bug-Out-Bag for both you and your fiance'. That is your first order of business along with having a clear cut plan of where you two will meet up in a shtf scenario.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Welcome and thanks for joining. I hope you find good info and I hope you share the knowledge you've gained too.. It never ceases to amaze me that "Noobs" have some REALLY good info that they assume we all already know. I look forward to having you around!

Hello all,

Yobudro
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back