Ancestors you are most proud of

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad , 1945 France , (guy with the Raybans)
RunE1J2.jpg

Glad to see so many responds.

@TexasFreedom
Just to make it more clear. I was not asking for direct bloodlines or anything like that. Ofc if people dont mind sharing their background a bit because they have ancestors they are proud of im more than glad and interested to find out. Too many stories are never told and it would be a big loss if they would be forgoten one day. Primary my question was aimed at people in the history of your State/Country but im glad to see names and deeds i would otherwise never heard about. My apology if i sounded like i want to datamine this thread or something similar to that.

I started this thread because of stuff like this.

https://dailyarchives.org/index.php...-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal
images (1).jpeg

It is entertaining about the ghosts that come out. I found out that I had another cousin... when he was about 50 years old! Children out of wedlock back in those days were just raised by the mom or grandparents most often, and the dads moved on. Sometimes the dad told his family, sometimes they had no idea. Today those babies are nearly all aborted, killed before they were born. It was tough for those moms in the old days, but still a better choice than to kill a baby. I have a number of friends who wouldn't be here if their mom had this 'choice'.

A good friend that I worked with decades ago married his first cousin. Knowingly, really nice couple. Had one child who died at about 20 from complications, it was tragic. And no, they were not European royalty!

I suspect we've all seen this. It happens, such is life.
My classmates married and were 1st cousins. He got snipped so they couldn't have kids and divorced 5 years later. Often wondered if he regretted the surgery.

I'd say my grandfather on mum's side ( I never met him, he died when mum was about 16yrs old ).
He was an officer in the Tsars Army in WW1, then fought for the White Army against the Reds, captured, sent to Siberia, escaped during WW2, made it home to Leningrad (St Petersburg), found his family hog tied and neck shot, crossed the German lines, met my nan and married her, (mum was born under a tree in Poland during the retreat ) and ended up in Morocco, where he died.
Before my dad died, he told me that his relatives came from Polish background. A nobleman came to southern Russia many many years ago, fell in love and marries a local girl, and stayed. We were in Russia in 1990 in Mariupol and did find a relative, a cousin of dad's.

Latest posts

Back