An alice tactical vest setup.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliprepper95

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I want to talk about LBE/LCE setups. If you have one please post a picture or just type down what you have setup on it. I will talk about mine real quick. My load bearing vest is a 1990's military issue LBV-88. I bought it on amazon for a really good price, $18.00 shipped. Came in great condition, it was unissued no faded color and no rips or tears. Currently attached to the vest is a pistol belt, (3) M16 magazine pouches, a compass pouch, a butt pack, (2) one quart canteens with covers and canteen cup, a camel back, an IFAK, and a survival knife. All the pouches on the vest are attached using the old alice clips, some people say they are trashy and should just use paracord or zipties, but I like the alice clips, they work just fine. Well ladies and gents that is my LBE-Vest. I hope to put up pictures hopefully sometime today. Even if you have a MOLLE setup, post it up on here, I would like to see or hear about it?

Hello everyone. I want to talk about LBE/LCE setups. If you have one please post a picture or just type down what you have setup on it. I will talk about mine real quick. My load bearing vest is a 1990's military issue LBV-88. I bought it on amazon for a really good price, $18.00 shipped. Came in great condition, it was unissued no faded color and no rips or tears. Currently attached to the vest is a pistol belt, (3) M16 magazine pouches, a compass pouch, a butt pack, (2) one quart canteens with covers and canteen cup, a camel back, an IFAK, and a survival knife. All the pouches on the vest are attached using the old alice clips, some people say they are trashy and should just use paracord or zipties, but I like the alice clips, they work just fine. Well ladies and gents that is my LBE-Vest. I hope to put up pictures hopefully sometime today. Even if you have a MOLLE setup, post it up on here, I would like to see or hear about it?

Lets see some pic's .

I would colt , but I dont know what the crap you are talking about. Lol... but ill check with my military friends and find out if I have any.

I'd like to know, I'm looking into them right now. We didn't have them when I was in the Army. We had ruck sacks, although I never really used them.
I don't understand all these systems they have today, like Alice packs & Mollie packs, or whatever they call them.

I personally like the Alice system more than molle although molle is very easy and modern. I find Alice much better and suitable for my needs. I bought the ITLBV or LBV-88 and I also have the large Alice pack and much more 90's style Alice equipment.

I personally like the Alice system more than molle although molle is very easy and modern. I find Alice much better and suitable for my needs. I bought the ITLBV or LBV-88 and I also have the large Alice pack and much more 90's style Alice equipment.

I have a Med Alice pack and really like it. The straps are like what we had in the 60's. Pleanty of pockets, and I like the fact that the flap on top covers the opening. It's actually very comfortable for a swinging load.

I am currently away from home but when I return home ill take a couple pictures of my entire equipment collection because it is already setup for me and pretty much ready to go just need a few things.

FYI: There are a lot of Canadian Army Surplus LBV's comming on the market. Prices look pretty good. Some of you may like the style.
Size chart
Sm/Med would fix chast size 36 to 40.
The Lg/XL would fit chest size 42 to 46.

Talking about ALICE and LBE reminds me of my early Army days in the early 90's. I was a medic in Airborne infantry and everyone played "how much stuff could you attach to it" On the belt I wore 3 30round M16 pouches- 2 for magazines 1 for sundries, a compass pouch, field knife, 2 1qt military canteens- 1held my canteen cup, the other had several feet of 100mph (duct tape) tape, a butt pack with a pouch sewn on the bottom- it held rations, a poncho, survival items (survival blanket, whistle, lighter, small stove with fuel tabs, 3 5.56mm blanks and 3 tracers, signal mirror), 550 cord, energy bars, wool cap and gloves, work gloves. on my suspenders I carried ear plugs, 1st aid pouches with a 1st aid dressing and cravat in each, a pace counter and a work tool.

Talking about ALICE and LBE reminds me of my early Army days in the early 90's. I was a medic in Airborne infantry and everyone played "how much stuff could you attach to it" On the belt I wore 3 30round M16 pouches- 2 for magazines 1 for sundries, a compass pouch, field knife, 2 1qt military canteens- 1held my canteen cup, the other had several feet of 100mph (duct tape) tape, a butt pack with a pouch sewn on the bottom- it held rations, a poncho, survival items (survival blanket, whistle, lighter, small stove with fuel tabs, 3 5.56mm blanks and 3 tracers, signal mirror), 550 cord, energy bars, wool cap and gloves, work gloves. on my suspenders I carried ear plugs, 1st aid pouches with a 1st aid dressing and cravat in each, a pace counter and a work tool.
Wow that was exactly what I wanted to know about from the 90's of what you carried in the butt pack so that what very helpful! Thanks.

My setup is a load bearing vest with the slanted magazine pouches and two grenade pouches below those, but I have modified the setup a little bit and cut off the two grenade pouches and I have four 30 round magazine pouches for my vest on the pistol belt, I also have two one quart canteens one with a cup, and a woodland camouflage butt pack, and one compass pouch on my left shoulder pad and a angle flashlight on my right shoulder pad. But I am still missing a few things I'd like to get. The um92 or m12 holster and a couple mag pouches, a saw pouch for a dump pouch for empty magazines, m9 bayonet, and a strobe pouch for the SDU-5/E.

Your welcome, and thanks for the reminder, I carried a strobe light in my butt pack as well, and a set of boot laces on the grip of the butt pack. More to make it distinctive as mine. If period correct is what you are going for, then that's fine. Later we got the LBV you're talking about but I didn't change much of what I had. We had no packing list for the butt pack, but I just knew what I'd need if I was stuck somewhere without my rucksack.

Well what I am looking for is a general idea of what was carried in the butt pack and what was carried in the rucksack?

I will try and get a picture of mine either tonight or tomorrow

That would be great! I have modified my setup just a little, since I am civilian and cannot own grenades I carefully cut off the two grenade pouches on the vest but there was no damage done to the vest and I had also cut off the side pouches of the m16 pouches as well so they make a little bit more room on the belt.

DSCF0094.JPG
DSCF0095.JPG
DSCF0096.JPG
DSCF0092.JPG
DSCF0093.JPG
DSCF0091.JPG

Now on this vest I had to disassemble it to go over it, but I am going to put back on the IFAK and the camelback I had on it.

Latest posts

Back