An alice tactical vest setup.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, that not all of the gear most of the stuff is inside the pack. Ill have to get some pictures up of other stuff but I like the old alice web gear, and anything from that era, basically the 80's to 90's. So I eventually want to get the M17a1 gas mask and the PASGT flak vest, I know some people may say well that wont stop anything higher than a 9mm bullet if your lucky, im going for cheap body armor and the look, maybe eventually I will get some kevlar plates, maybe.

I pulled everything out of my alice pack and since I was doing so I figured I'd take pictures of everything that is inside and attached to the outside.
DSCF0117.JPG

Here in this picture is a sleeping pad, cheap machete and cheap sheath its temporary until I get a plastic military sheath for it because its durable and attaches to the outside, next is a camelback I had on my vest at on point but instead I think I'm going to add it to the alice pack, on the top right is a small basic first aid kit attached to the outside, last is a cheap folding shovel but it works pretty good.
DSCF0118.JPG

Right here I have just some stuff I have in there and will replace some of it with better stuff eventually. First is the black bag that holds three homemade MRE's and a coast guard approved food bars, below is a metal drinking cup, and below that is a change of clothes like socks, underwear, t-shirt, and a thermal shirt. At the top is a mess kit from the 1960's, below a hygiene kit, egg carrier, and bottom is a bag of miscellaneous item, to the right is a spare set of Y-harness suspenders, a small hammock, M16 cleaning kit,a cooking kit with a esbit stove and extra tablets, last is a sitting pad which can also be used as pillow.
DSCF0120.JPG

This is a waterproof alice pack bag. It works pretty well.
DSCF0121.JPG

These next two pictures are the large alice pack I use with a MOLLE sleep system carrier attached to the bottom with a green patrol sleeping bag and a black intermediate sleeping bag.
DSCF0122.JPG
I love using the alice pack its very spacious and many pockets on it, three big pockets on the lower side of it and three magazine type pouches on the upper side of it. On the flap is a little compartment for maps or whatever you choose to put in it, on the inside is a radio pouch and then the main compartment which is very big, I believe I saw someone put a 5 gallon bucket with a lid to waterproof the items inside. Thank you for taking the time to see what gear I have:)
DSCF0116.JPG
I almost forgot about this picture. In this one I have a two person tent to the right, the only thing missing is tent stakes. Cold weather gloves, AK-47 bayonet, headlamp, mini flashlight, skinning knife, small tool kit, AK-47 magazine pouch, box for my sun wind and dust goggles attached to my helmet, and a pair of walkie talkies.

Attachments

• DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
You really have your shit together. I applaud your efforts. At 18 years old, you are more prepared than 95% of the general public.

Thank you, I figure if you are going to be prepared then better to do it the right way. A few of the things were given to me by my dad over the past few years such as the alice pack, I got that for christmas one year, the machete, the AK-47 bayonet and mag pouch, and a few more things. Most of the other stuff I would buy myself, for example the vest, I bought everything on it including the vest itself, it cost around $50 or less cant really remember. At that price I like to spend $50 on everything to complete the vest than spend about $100 for a MOLLE plate carrier. So thank you, I would like to see what preps you have?

View attachment 1616
Here is the sdu-5/e with the blue filter I mentioned earlier.View attachment 1618
In this picture are just a few things I had sitting out so I decided to post, but in this picture is a cheap pair of binoculars but work really well, next to that is a first aid kit which I will add to to my alice pack, then is a cheap pair of radios that I am going to eventually replace with better ones, next is about 75 feet of paracord, I am going to get more just haven't got around to doing it. Below is a anglehead flashlight that was originally black but I spray painted it green, then there is a ziploc bag with a military survival manual, western US map, notepad, and a pencil. Lastly is another new addition to my collection, and that is a lightstick holder. View attachment 1619
These were given to me by my aunt who goes out to yard sales quite frequently and came across these and got them for me, all four of them for $20. View attachment 1620
Lastly I have my alice pack with a bedroll and a machete tied to it, on the side is a folding shovel with a cover, and last another thing I recently got was a sleep system carrier and inside is the green patrol bag I already had for a while and used while camping but couldn't keep me warm in the sierras next to Caples Lake, so I got a black intermediate sleeping bag to add to the green one and they snap together with button snaps. Last thing to get is a goretex bivy to add more warmth and to help protect me from the elements. I just wanted to post some things as a bit of an update because like I have mentioned I bought a few things to add to the pack and vest. I'd appreciate any comments or questions or recommendations:)

Nice. I have two ALICE bags myself from my days in the U.S. Army. One for me, one for my wife. Although she doesn't know that I made one for her LOL.

BTW, Caliprepper95, ditch the flashlight. The only thing good about it is the red filter for light discipline at night (it's also heavier). Personally, I'd go with the smaller military flashlight that uses AA batteries and has the same round light filters.

Thank you GatherYeAcorns, I am planning on getting a new LED flashlight anyway but I will keep it for a backup. Thank you for the comment on my setup and I hope to hear more about your setup, I will also be posting more pictures on new gear and better gear soon enough. :)

Latest posts

Back