America's greatest threat is our vulnerable electrical grid

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went with rechargeable batteries too and a few fold up solar panels as well as regular batteries. Just received yet another box of batteries yesterday. We have separate solar panels for our 8 dual band radios. Does anyone know if I can get a dual band base radio to connect with them? They are these type:

BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio​

Can I ask what kind of night vision you use? I’ve bought a few of them, but haven’t been very satisfied. Most likely bought the wrong ones.
For affordable night vision, check ATN and get the best infrared light for your selected device. ATN also has semi-affordable thermal monocular. No thermal devices are cheap. My rule of thumb is Thermal device to spot the critters and night vision to identify the critters. Happy hunting. LOL

As two of my tribe battle the cold in North east United States restoring electricity to those that lost their power grid , they relay heart warming stories back to our survival retreat . A pumpkin pie that was cooked on an alternative cooking device and in gratitude given to the cold power line crew working in the snow and ice . He said that was the best pumpkin pie he ever ate . Another story , A jar of honey that was given in gratitude by a 10 year old .

I saw this morning where the United States electrical grid was under stage one . That from what I gathered this is as bad as it gets before an electrical grid collapse's . I am not sure as to what stage we are in today . I did hear though some of the hydro electrical generators are now putting out zero electricity and I am supposing the water levels behind the dams are too low for electrical generation . The green energy dreamers have caused this problem . --- I am keeping my personal solar system battery bank high , in case the available nation wide electricity goes on a " take a turn system " . From what we have seen in the past I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrat / Communist states have priority over conservative states , when it is decision time as to who gets the electricity .

I saw this morning where the United States electrical grid was under stage one . That from what I gathered this is as bad as it gets before an electrical grid collapse's . I am not sure as to what stage we are in today . I did hear though some of the hydro electrical generators are now putting out zero electricity and I am supposing the water levels behind the dams are too low for electrical generation . The green energy dreamers have caused this problem . --- I am keeping my personal solar system battery bank high , in case the available nation wide electricity goes on a " take a turn system " . From what we have seen in the past I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrat / Communist states have priority over conservative states , when it is decision time as to who gets the electricity .
Not trying to bust on on any of your suppositions. Many I would have agreed on last year It is far more complicated
Hydro power in the Kommunist Republik has had to release water because the dams are too full. Dams were too low a year ago. Some times it bypasses the hydroelectric system because of overwhelming volume. This year they are all releasing early.
Seen where the Repulik is taking out dams (and Hydroelectric) in one of the best salmon fishing rivers in the world. I do hope they rebuild that habitat because it is not far away from my target area and i know what it was like in the 70’s Even though they built the dams in in the 50’s. I could feed us in a season if it was back to 70’s levels

Latest posts

Back