America's greatest threat is our vulnerable electrical grid

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was started originally by a great guy whom we haven’t seen for quite some time. God bless him wherever he is.

Found this about our electric grid and thought it might be helpful for those in these areas to get prepared.

View attachment 16503

https://powerthefuture.com/two-thirds-of-the-country-face-the-prospect-of-blackouts-this-summer/

It's strange.
Texas has its own grid and in all my 56 years we've never had an outage problem.
Now all of a sudden we're having problems. Seems sketchy to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We also have a lot of people moving in here that aren't used to the heat...."what do you mean keep my house at 78 degrees?"

True,we do have a huge influx of yankees who aren't used to our heat.
I dont really mind the heat until bedtime,then I want meat locker temps.
We have 3 central A/C units and in the summer our electric bills hit $1200.00 bucks a month. I cringe thinking about how bad it's going to be with biden in office.

It's strange.
Texas has its own grid and in all my 56 years we've never had an outage problem.
Now all of a sudden we're having problems. Seems sketchy to me.

You know, I've thought that sketchy, too, from the get-go. We've had triple digit temps every summer since I came to TX in 1966. Never had any outages in summer or winter. Hurricanes bringing lines down is the ONLY time we've ever had power problems in Texas to my recollection. Not until the Feb. 2021 ice storm, that is, and I said when that was happening it was geoengineered to "punish" Texas for being cocky enough to have said publicly our grid could handle anything. That, plus the powers in control just don't LIKE Texas. I think TX was the 'test run' for the future PLANNED outages to punish the country even further.

Last edited:
You know, I've thought that sketchy, too, from the get-go. We've had triple digit temps every summer since I came to TX in 1966. Never had any outages in summer or winter. Hurricanes bringing lines dowon is the ONLY time we've ever had power problems in Texas to my recollection. Not until the Feb. 2021 ice storm, that is, and I said when that was happening it was geoengineered to "punish" Texas for being cocky enough to have said publicly our grid could handle anything. That, plus the powers in control just don't LIKE Texas. I think TX was the 'test run' for the future PLANNED outages to punish the country even further.

They said the enviro nuts wouldnt let Texas produce more power because of the carbon footprint.
If it were up to me I'd tell em to kiss my ### we're going to produce enough power as we need to to stop the blackouts.

With all the bad going on we shouldn't lose sight of other issues that would be even more devistating

Kyle Mills: Terror or bio attack, nukes? No, America's greatest threat is our vulnerable electrical grid

It’s been called the most complex machine in the world and that’s probably a fair description. Three thousand three hundred utility companies, fifty-five thousand individual substations, and two hundred thousand miles of transmission lines all coordinate to meet the country’s insatiable demand for power. Unfortunately, it’s this scope and complexity that makes us so vulnerable.

And this isn’t just a theoretical threat. In 2013, a meticulously planned attack was carried out on a substation near San Jose, California. It caused fifteen million dollars in damage and looked very much like a dry run for something bigger.

None of the perpetrators were ever caught and if they are indeed plotting something more ambitious, it could be unimaginably destructive.

According to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, only nine critical substations would have to be disabled to plunge the entire country into darkness for eighteen months or more. Nine. None of which likely have much more security than the San Jose facility.

Even more sobering are the cyberattacks. According to former Energy Secretary Rick Perry, malicious actors probe our systems hundreds of thousands of times a day.

One of the most serious incidents occurred in 2017 when Russian hackers penetrated deep enough to actually take control of parts of our grid. Based on testimony given to Congress by the director of the National Security Agency, a number of our enemies likely already have the ability to put the entire country in the dark.

COVID has given us all a glimpse into the dangers of not being prepared for a crisis. We now have some inkling as to what it would be like to try to survive without the machinery that makes modern society possible.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/terror-bio-attack-nukes-threat-power-grid

YOU ARE 100% WRONG OUR GREATEST THREAT IS JOE BIDEN

Yes, I have a freon addiction problem also. I'll just have to get really mean and nasty without my fix at night. I remember as a kid when it was really hot and not even the slightest breeze , I would rum at tb full of well water and sleep in a tub. Slept fine , I just looked like an albino raisin in the morning........No Joke, true story.

Back in the days before air conditioning, my mother would do her housework wearing a wet bathing suit. Kept her cool just fine. :) I have invested in torso-sized Chilly Pads to help with sleeping at night when we lose power. Works for me.

Never heard of those, but sounds like something I should purchase. I don’t take heat very well. We do keep our air set to 75 or 76…except for the minisplit we had put in the master bedroom for extra cooling at night. Works like a dream! Very low on electricity too. Why cool the entire house? It is 55 here and I opened all the doors to the lake when I got up at 5.

EDIT: Can you direct me to the one you use please? There seems to be a lot of things named chill pad.

Last edited:
On last night's Fox News hosted by Don Bongino , he had as a guest one of the board members of the E.M.P. Commission " Peter Pry " . A warning was issued to United States citizens as to what to expect if Puttin E.M.P. attacks the U.S. . Likely most people will simply die if this threat unfolds . This threat actually applies to all countries . I see most people are either trying to ignore this issue or when confronted with it go into a denial phase coming up with reasons why this will not happen . Denying or ignoring the issue will not change a thing . If this happens a big divide between preppers and those that pretend they are , will be instantly apparent .

Last edited:
Back in the days before air conditioning, my mother would do her housework wearing a wet bathing suit. Kept her cool just fine. :) I have invested in torso-sized Chilly Pads to help with sleeping at night when we lose power. Works for me.

My best Buddy grew up in the Heights in Houston with no A/C.
The houses back then were built to take advantage of cross winds and they had window fans.
I dont know how the hell he lived through it!!

I grew up with some brutal humid triple digit summer heat. For a while we had central heat but no central A/C. There was one wall A/C in the den but nowhere else. The windows were not shaped right for window A/C units. No insulation in the walls or ceiling. Playing in the sprinkler was very popular, LOL

But we had a huge attic fan in the hall that pulled a good breeze in all the windows and kept the attic relatively cool so that there wasn't radiant heat coming through the ceiling.

I grew up with some brutal humid triple digit summer heat. For a while we had central heat but no central A/C. There was one wall A/C in the den but nowhere else. The windows were not shaped right for window A/C units. No insulation in the walls or ceiling. Playing in the sprinkler was very popular, LOL

But we had a huge attic fan in the hall that pulled a good breeze in all the windows and kept the attic relatively cool so that there wasn't radiant heat coming through the ceiling.

Like they say...it's not the heat it's the humidity.
No truer words have ever been spoken.
When I lived in Junction Tx it would hit 105 on a regular basis but the humidity was low enough that it wasn't that bad.
And swamp coolers actually worked.
And then you had the spring fed river in your backyard. Spent many summer afternoons soaking in the river with a cold beer in my hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back