Sticky Amateur Radio License Study Materials

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
there is also http://qsl.net -- this and eham allowed me to study the flashcards for 30minutes a day for 2 weeks and I then passed both the tech and general the same day

Last edited by a moderator:
there is also qsl.net-- this and eham allowed me to study the flashcards for 30minutes a day for 2 weeks and I then passed both the tech and general the same day
zero to general in 70 questions! I could not have done that.....
I had to sit for all three tests separately. Extra was brutal.....

I have been using: www.hamstudy.org

Seems pretty similar to some of the sites in the OP. I plan to take the General Test soon...Just need to find the time.

I had heard about hamstudy.org. Are they worth the effort?
I used hamstudy.org to get my general and extra. Never created an account with them.
For General, I got to scoring 100% on the practice tests and scored perfect on the real one.
For extra, got to scoring in the 90s on the practice and got pretty close on the real one.
I’d say hamstudy is a pretty accurate predictor and have no problem recommending it.

I had heard about hamstudy.org. Are they worth the effort?

Been awhile since I’ve posted here. Heh.
I bought the App for $4.00 or whatever. Works great. Got my General, but haven’t had the time to study for Extra.

I used hamstudy.org to get my general and extra. Never created an account with them.
For General, I got to scoring 100% on the practice tests and scored perfect on the real one.
For extra, got to scoring in the 90s on the practice and got pretty close on the real one.
I’d say hamstudy is a pretty accurate predictor and have no problem recommending it.

Yep. This is the way to do it. Grind out those practice tests and you’re golden.

Current question pools are available online for free. Several websites that offer free practice tests. Use all of them so you get a variety and don't get in a recurring loop of the same 50 or 60 questions, I found this out when "studying" for my Extra. Having been an Advanced class Op for 25 years prior, my studying consisted of taking practice exams for a week then off to take my test. Don't spend the money on Hamstudy or any of the League's or Gordon Wests materials. They're out there for free.

Current question pools are available online for free. Several websites that offer free practice tests. Use all of them so you get a variety and don't get in a recurring loop of the same 50 or 60 questions, I found this out when "studying" for my Extra. Having been an Advanced class Op for 25 years prior, my studying consisted of taking practice exams for a week then off to take my test. Don't spend the money on Hamstudy or any of the League's or Gordon Wests materials. They're out there for free.

While the question pools are indeed free, it’s worth $4.00 me for the interface. Besides, I got my Tech using HamStudy online for free. Only costs money for the app.

I kept my $4, but I had some years of radio experience prior to taking my Novice exam.

I used the ARRL practice exams on their website!!!They were great for studing for all 3 exams!!

Latest posts

Back