alternative water supplys....POOLS

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Ok friends, i just got an above ground pool, and it got me thinking.
How many homes in America have pools in their back yard?
quite a lot i think.
now, ya if there's a nuclear fall out, you might want to steer clear of them, but back yard pools may be a great source of water, their usually chlorinated to kill off most parasites, algae, etc. although i would still filter and boil or purify it before drinking. but for those that want to remain in a urban setting, or that scout towns for supplies, this may be a good opportunity to pick up some good water.
also, be on the look out for chlorine tablets and pool purification supplies, they may come in handy at your homestead for cleaning water there.

Ya, and that's a lot of water. You could use that for weeks. Dont forget the hot water heater in a pinch. I am sure you can get a few gallons out of that.

Ya, and that's a lot of water. You could use that for weeks. Dont forget the hot water heater in a pinch. I am sure you can get a few gallons out of that.
oh nice one!
also, if you have a generator, and find an electric water heater, you can take it back to your homestead, and have hot water.
take some of the same size copper tubing out of the house to supply water, usually, its usually 3/4 line.

So sweet, thats why i like this forum, killer ideas that will stick with you in times of need.

hell, if theres a house nobodys pillidged yet close to my spot. imma dig out all the plumbing and hook up a water tower for water flow and have running water lol, flushing toilets etc.
man its good to be a plumber lol.

hell, if theres a house nobodys pillidged yet close to my spot. imma dig out all the plumbing and hook up a water tower for water flow and have running water lol, flushing toilets etc.
man its good to be a plumber lol.
It is nice to know how to do some plumbing things. I am trying to learn how to work with electricity, though I am a bit gun shy since I was hit twice by 240 while stationed in germany.

I have a pool right by my place I won't hesitate to syphon!

It is nice to know how to do some plumbing things. I am trying to learn how to work with electricity, though I am a bit gun shy since I was hit twice by 240 while stationed in germany.

I have a pool right by my place I won't hesitate to syphon!
OH thats not good, lucky to be here!

ehh 240 might just make you crap or pee yourself, unless your grounded in water, or take the shock for too long.
i got hit with 240 once, while using an arc wielder. scared heck outta me really, as one of my grandfathers friends laughed at me.
ill tell you what, i havent nor will i ever use a wielder without my gloves again lol.

Great tip on the water heater, The average water heater holds 20 gal. of water. Other supply of water in your house are the toilets, not the bowl knucklehead, the tank. Each tank holds between .75 to 2 gal. of fresh clean water. so on average a house holds around 23 gal. of water, this includes abandon houses in your neighborhood.

Great tip on the water heater, The average water heater holds 20 gal. of water. Other supply of water in your house are the toilets, not the bowl knucklehead, the tank. Each tank holds between .75 to 2 gal. of fresh clean water. so on average a house holds around 23 gal. of water, this includes abandon houses in your neighborhood.
yet if you go into the richer neighborhoods, you may find 100 gallon water heaters, and schools, and larger facilitys can hold 200 gallons in some.

also, speaking of pools, even if you dont drink the water from that, look around, most people carry clorine, and other water purifing chemicals that you may wanna get your hands on.

My advice on using pools is if it's your own, try to keep it covered as much as you can to keep animals out of it as well as bird shit and other lovely things.

Mine this time of year is more like a pond than a pool lol.Its just easier for me to do most of the work in the spring.Lots of stuff does get trapped in it like snakes & frogs so I guess that could be a food source...

Latest posts

Back