Alternative Methods

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am wondering if anyone here has given any thought to an alternative means of transportation in a real situation?
When the gas runs out, or your blocked in by abandoned vehicles what will you do?

This is an area I need to work on myself.

again, getting gas/fuel from abandoned cars, also, motorcycles might be a good thing as well, you can get through the traffic, i recomend a dirt bike, cuz ull probably want to go off road at some point. however, people with a larger family, or small kids are still stuck with that question, ive mentioned on another post, running genorators off of wood vapors, in the late 60s early 70s i believe, thet actually ran cars on this method too, with an older carberated engine to run it into

again, getting gas/fuel from abandoned cars, also, motorcycles might be a good thing as well, you can get through the traffic, i recomend a dirt bike, cuz ull probably want to go off road at some point. however, people with a larger family, or small kids are still stuck with that question, ive mentioned on another post, running genorators off of wood vapors, in the late 60s early 70s i believe, thet actually ran cars on this method too, with an older carberated engine to run it into
Good food for thought. Trying to find a carburetor style engine maybe a bit difficult these days.....
I would like a late 1970's or early 80's SUV of some sort. Less computer crap on board and less smog stuff too.

the ones i saw were strapped to old vw bugs and in the back of ford couriers also there are diesil to vegtable oil converters you can buy online, lol, might be easier to pilladge a mcdonalds than get gas at that time

the ones i saw were strapped to old vw bugs and in the back of ford couriers also there are diesil to vegtable oil converters you can buy online, lol, might be easier to pilladge a mcdonalds than get gas at that time
I have heard about the vegetable oil fuel thing. Especially now that gas is pushing $5.00 per gallon.

I think that the planning beforehand is the best answer to this problem of bottlenecking of vehicles. When there is no gas the regular cars will not even be moving. Maybe this is where partnership will come in really handy. One person has the moped and another neighbor has some gas to get it going to get the water 10 miles away.

also ive seen small 2 stroke engines converted to take alcohol, anything over 100 proof, making alcohol is a very simple task if you have the right materials, and come DD the laws stopping personal distillerys will go out the window!

I think that the planning beforehand is the best answer to this problem of bottle-necking of vehicles. When there is no gas the regular cars will not even be moving. Maybe this is where partnership will come in really handy. One person has the moped and another neighbor has some gas to get it going to get the water 10 miles away.
also I've seen small 2 stroke engines converted to take alcohol, anything over 100 proof, making alcohol is a very simple task if you have the right materials, and come DD the laws stopping personal distilleries will go out the window!
I think partnering up with others will be very important. the problem will be finding people you can trust as personalities will change in a seriously stressful environment.
Krime, you are right about the importance of having a vehicle that can run on an alternative fuel.

also ive seen small 2 stroke engines converted to take alcohol, anything over 100 proof, making alcohol is a very simple task if you have the right materials, and come DD the laws stopping personal distillerys will go out the window!
I would like to read how to make alcohol if you know how. There is an old distillery in the mountains near my home that I just learned was taken down recently. That might just be a day journey from my home that I might just scope out some weekend to see if that is a viable place for a bug out spot in a crisis.

I have heard that one form of alcohol is the kind everyone should have even if they are not drinkers. Does anyone know if that is Vodka? If it is the preppers solution, why Vodka? If it is not Vodka, what is that alcoholic liquid?

yes vodka, and because it has cure all propertys, ie if you get poison oak/ivy you can rub vodka on it and it helps better than calimine lotion. as far as making it, vodka comes from potatos, if i have any potatos come DD im going to take a few, if for nothing else, to eat/grow, every "eye" on a potato is a potential plant!
i could go into detail on vodka distillation but it may be easier to post a link so ill look for a good one for you.
the hard part is finding yeast post-DD lol

goodselfme heres a good way to make potato vodka:
lifestyle.iloveindia.com/.../how_to_make_potato_vodka-8189.html

goodselfme heres a good way to make potato vodka:
lifestyle.iloveindia.com/.../how_to_make_potato_vodka-8189.html
I might just have to try this. not because I am a drinker of vodka, but rather the a fore mentioned uses. However, should I have some extra O.J. sitting around.....

yes im a vodka drinker, when i drink hard alcohol, and in those days one might want to stay sober for a while to keep their witts about them, this might be hard for me then lmao.
vodka will not only be a good fuel source, but will also be a good trading tool for bardering, as well as drinking lol

yes im a vodka drinker, when i drink hard alcohol, and in those days one might want to stay sober for a while to keep their witts about them, this might be hard for me then lmao.
vodka will not only be a good fuel source, but will also be a good trading tool for bardering, as well as drinking lol
it is an item that will have many uses! one of the perfect items out there to make sure you have plenty of.

funny thing is, you cand de-salt water useing the same method, well minus the potatos yeast and everything. If you throw salt water into a still, you'll have fresh water come out the other side. the pain in the butt problem would be scraping the salt out of your still.

I have a question. Why is Vodka a good bargaining tool? I read somewhere that some form of alcohol is recommended for the prepper. Is that Vodka? Do you know why that is?I don't drink much, but during the SHTF days I might not want to sober up at all. No kidding. How do you used Vodka for a fuel source?

I have a question. Why is Vodka a good bargaining tool? I read somewhere that some form of alcohol is recommended for the prepper. Is that Vodka? Do you know why that is?I don't drink much, but during the SHTF days I might not want to sober up at all. No kidding. How do you used Vodka for a fuel source?
I think it is because it can be used for both an alternative fuel source, and drinking. plus it will become scarce when everything goes south.

it has medical propertys ie the rubbing it on poison ivy'd skin.
you have to convert a small 2 stroke engine to run on alcohol and the alcohol can be anything/kind that 100 poof or over, besides drinking it lmao

Latest posts

Back