Alternative Methods

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clyde, I noticed your last post on alternative transportation was last year. Have had any new advice come your way on this subject? I currently keep a few 100 cc motorcycles at my bug out location, but like you said, if the gas runs out, they won't do me much good. I hadn't thought much about that side. I have a couple hundred gallons of fuel, which is plenty to get me to my bug out location, in a straight line distance on the highway, but if I have to make adjustment to the route, it may not be enough.

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 13
Wow. I'll be honest, that much fuel stored close would make me nervous, but that's just me. I'm not knocking you in the least, just thinking out loud. Just curious as well if you've added a stabilizer to the gas?

The fuel is in a few different forms; gasoline, propane and diesel. Its rotated then resupplied. So it never actually gets old enough to need a stabilizer, except in the winter, then I use one. It sounds like a lot, but it is shared among three families.

Thank you for answering. You're right, between 3 families it really isn't that much.

Where I live there are plenty of Amish & Menninite communities. They live without electricity and they use horse & buggies to get around. So if I need an alternative method of transportation & don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, I think I might have to get one of them.

I'd like to actually make biodiesel after the SHTF. That way, could still power my truck, tractor, and generators. But, if not, then we always have the horses.

Latest posts

Back