Alternative cooking ideas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mastercajun, thank you for asking. I finally ended up taking a shot for relief. I hate taking it because I don't like the side effects, but it had got to the point that trepanny (drilling a hole in the skull to relieve pressure or evil spirits) was sounding like a really good idea.
Glad to hear you are doing better. If I could send you something over the air waves to help you, I sure would. I can to try to feel for you but I really don't know what you are going through. I hardly ever get a headache and when I di, it is so slight that it only pisses me off. My mother used to get them real bad and would say how much they hurt. I wish you all the luck in the world. Please don't try the evil spirits( there are enough of them in the world already). LOL

You're damn skippy Danil54grl.
Girl, I know you would be able to take care of yourself in most any situation. And more power to ya. My husband is way to soft and I have told him that before, dealing with renters. I am the hardball and will kick anyone out who starts trouble in a heartbeat. I don't do the "6 month lease" thing. It's month to month, with the understanding that if anything goes wrong I have an option to say "Bye Bye". I would shoot anyone who threatened my family and would not let anyone come onto my property that I don't know. I tend to be very cautious of strangers, and for good reasons.

Sounds about the same as it is here. He's the kind-hearted soul, me... well I like to think I'm a nice person, but people know me.;)

Sounds like it. I can be nice when need be. We have one renter that is a dear freind who is also an old cowboy from Colorado county. He can take care of the livestock when we cant. (Only had to once because we were stuck in Houston moving son #2 and his wife into their new home) We would have done it, being 4 hours late, but he called and we said yeah, go ahead. He is disabled now due to his back being broken back in 2000 by a bull. If it wasn't for his dog Chance (which he still has), there is no telling. I consider this man family, mainly because of all his knowledge he has been able to pass along to me.

I'm just a mom thinking about how many protein bars, crackers, trail mix, and MRE's I can't buy because I may have to force a child to eat something she won't like so she doesn't die from starvation or contaminated food. Moderation is key to any healthy lifestyle...too much water can kill you =)

Yes, moderation. You are so right. Now if everyone or most felt that way where food is concerned the hosps and Dr's offices would be almost empty. :D I doubt your child would starve to death before eating something she doesn't like. Hunger is a powerful urge. After a day or two, and she wont die in that time period (she diabetic?), she will be willing to eat her non-favorite foods. It is easier to start them at weaning time to eat everything. I agree there. With my son the food was put on the table. If he didn't like it he didn't eat. He quickly learned to eat everything and anything or go hungry. I worked full time and didn't have the time or patience with a picky eater. I saw what some of my friends were going through with picky kids. I believe I did the right thing because he's still in perfect health at the age of 48. A few years ago he went vegetarian.

I have dehydrated eggs and ground them into powder. I scramble 12 (do not cook) eggs first and put it on a liner and dehydrate for 16 hours. I have only cooked with it, so not sure of the self life in mylar bags.
lol that's funny! 2 years is pretty good. I want to try eggs on the dehydrator and words of wisdom and how long do they last if I put them in a mylar bag?
de

I got mine for Christmas one year, so I took what I got and I really can't complain. I love it.

I'm still waiting to use my Christmas /birthday present. Hubs got me a new saddle and it's been so damned nasty I'm not about to take it outside let alone put it on a mud ball calling itself a horse.

I don't blame you one bit! I would wait for a beautiful day once it has dried up.

Well, Danil54grl, I agree with you. Most of the people I see that are in bad health are the ones that never do sh*t. Your lifestyle being the way it is you should be able to eat all the bacon you want and stay healthy.

Aside from the saturated fats, you're not addressing the preservatives such as nitrate in the bacon. Home made bacon, leaner and with no nitrates, would be safer. :)

If our society would do what our grandparents did, they would live longer too. Also the air we breath isn't nearly as clean as theirs was. I guess all we can do is try our best. The best diet I can think of is the " GET OFF YOUR ### DIET". My opinion. But you what opinions are like, we all have one LOL

No amount of exercise will negate a poor diet of refined carbs, salty foods and saturated fat. Not all of our grandparents were on such unhealthy diets. Toxic crap in the environment, in our water and in our food is another cancer-causing ballgame altogether.

I won't eat bacon grease (except post SHTF) since I try to be health conscious, but I have made soap from bacon grease and lye as an experiment, and it worked well...but not as well as vegetable oil.

Also, a mixture of bacon grease and peanut butter will lure just about any animal into a Havahart trap very quickly.

I save bacon grease for these reasons alone, and freeze it in a coffee can in the freezer.

Latest posts

Back