Alternative Bio-Fuels

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSTxPrepper1

Reaction score
Was searching the net while here at work, nothing happening at all, so decided to post up something about fuel - Bio fuel. What would be your source or way of handling the issue if you ran out of fuel for your BOV. Would you risk finding another gas source or just do it a easy way and convert grease into a bio fuel? Thought would be a intresting topic to discuss.

Filter, 5 micron filtering screen or window screen? might try both see wat turns out for best use. Thought i would post up a update to this post. Will be back in a few days to have a answer with this step. If any ideas or info post up guys.

A buddy of mine and I are working on powering an ATV with solar power. I know people think solar power isn't that great but it has come a long way. There are different solar spectrums that you can use, so even if it is cloudy you can still get power, and the lithium batteries we are using should power the bloody thing with the solar panels unattached for at least 24 hours at maximum output while towing a small trailer with all my gear in it. And being electric it is really quite so no loud noise from an conventional engine.

A buddy of mine and I are working on powering an ATV with solar power. I know people think solar power isn't that great but it has come a long way. There are different solar spectrums that you can use, so even if it is cloudy you can still get power, and the lithium batteries we are using should power the bloody thing with the solar panels unattached for at least 24 hours at maximum output while towing a small trailer with all my gear in it. And being electric it is really quite so no loud noise from an conventional engine.

They good size solar panels man ?

Pretty decent size. The one that he is converting has a roll cage/roof and the solar panel is going to be mounted on it. Takes up the whole bloody thing. But we are going to make sure that it can be removed so that when we are not using it we can charge the lithium batteries that are low. The main thing is making sure it can run on electricity and that is taking a bit of time. He is an mechanical engineer I work with so that portion is on him. I take care of putting everything together once he has the design worked out. Slow going but we are getting there!

Sweet mman, hey if you know the name of the solar panel and where to get it, been lookin for a descent size panel for a while.

It doesn't have a name. We bought up a lot of solar components and he made it. All the components are replaceable if they become damaged or stop working. Actually a pretty nice get up. I can ask him to explain how he did it or how he learned and let you know his response.

Alright way i read it man thought was a descent size one peice man ha, same here i have 2 medium ones put together at my place there only 3ft long by 2ft w - want to try to expand more on my panel setup man.

I haven't seen it yet, been busy with work and we have only been working on it for a few weeks now. From the way he explained it they aren't large panels but the smaller components that actually make up a panel and he pieced them together and wired them into larger panels himself. Each of the smaller components can be removed indiviually and be replaced. I'll ask him and see if he can get me some pics I can post.

Then again I may have misunderstood his explination but thats how it sounded to me.

Your good man dont worry about it, and heck ya if you can get some pics man would be great thanks, and kind of want to get a idea how to re arrange in a custom way for my setup as well. I have space for like 3 more extra panels of that size but yea like i said need to get some ideas goin for a new arrangment.

Latest posts

Back