Alaskan Prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69Powerwagon

Reaction score
Hi I am from Alaska. I am fairly new to the concept of actually prepping for a societal breakdown but I have found that my lifestyle choices because of where I live have made me not completely unprepared. The problem being is that while the average Alaskan is better prepared than most the interior Alaskan environment is harsher than most (you would have to move to Antartica to find a place that is more actively trying to kill you). So I definitely need to up my game in preparation for the break down of normal goods and services, as I depend on them more than the average person to stay alive and being at the end of the line I will be the first to lose them. Hell the Seattle dock worker strike that never quite happened a few years ago was enough to make the grocery stores go empty in a day.

Hi I am from Alaska. I am fairly new to the concept of actually prepping for a societal breakdown but I have found that my lifestyle choices because of where I live have made me not completely unprepared. The problem being is that while the average Alaskan is better prepared than most the interior Alaskan environment is harsher than most (you would have to move to Antartica to find a place that is more actively trying to kill you). So I definitely need to up my game in preparation for the break down of normal goods and services, as I depend on them more than the average person to stay alive and being at the end of the line I will be the first to lose them. Hell the Seattle dock worker strike that never quite happened a few years ago was enough to make the grocery stores go empty in a day.

Welcome ! I think you need to up your game too. Stick around, great people here, lots of ideas and info and don't be afraid to share any talent you have.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about cold weather prepping. I live in an area where people throw on snow parkas when the temp dips to a balmy 65 degrees! lol

Should you have any questions or need help with anything feel free to ask. The members on here are more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will be able to learn from the members here and we can hope to learn from you too. I know that most in Alaska fish can and prep all year long so I am hoping that we will be able to learn from eachother. How long have you lived there, or are you new to the area?

I grew up in Alaska, wandered off after highschool and came back after a stint in the Navy. I have been back in the state for almost 20 years now.

Welcome to the Forum and please feel free to ask any questions you may have for us. I have one for you, do you actually have a 69 Dodge Powerwagon? They are awesome trucks! Anyway welcome and browse all the boards there is a lot of great info on them and everyone is extremely helpful

Latest posts

Back