air sealing stored food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
did you know, hand warmers are a good way to suck air out of your sealed bags and would kill germs that feed on air! as well as the obviouse due purpose of a heat supply?
and rubbing mineral oil on eggs cloggs the air vents and will make them last about 12 months!

did you know, hand warmers are a good way to suck air out of your sealed bags and would kill germs that feed on air! as well as the obviouse due purpose of a heat supply?
and rubbing mineral oil on eggs cloggs the air vents and will make them last about 12 months!
Actually yes I have heard that on both of them. Hand warmers are a more economical alternative. I heard about the mineral oil on eggs about 4 weeks ago. Do you know if the eggs need to be refrigerated to make them last the 12 months?

no refrigeration required, however, make sure you look for cracks in the egg, if there are, mineral oil will not work and will stink up your house
remember to mark them the manufacturers date and when you oiled them so you remember how fresh a carton is
mineral oil is the only oil that will work dont try any other oil or they'll go bad
there is wet glass that works too, at about $25 a bottle does 40 eggs, you know those glass fish rocks? those are made of wet glass
eggs last from 9 to 12 months

no refrigeration required, however, make sure you look for cracks in the egg, if there are, mineral oil will not work and will stink up your house
remember to mark them the manufacturers date and when you oiled them so you remember how fresh a carton is
mineral oil is the only oil that will work dont try any other oil or they'll go bad
there is wet glass that works too, at about $25 a bottle does 40 eggs, you know those glass fish rocks? those are made of wet glass
eggs last from 9 to 12 months
Cool Thanks for the info. Eggs are cheap enough that I am going to try this. Hopefully i won't food poison myself.

i know for a fact, eggs(w/o cracks) left out past the smell process become bomb like, not a firey explosive, but theres a boom non the less, and that smell was the worst thing i ever smelled, and i used to haul rock from a plant that was close to a sulfer mine!

i know for a fact, eggs(w/o cracks) left out past the smell process become bomb like, not a firey explosive, but theres a boom non the less, and that smell was the worst thing i ever smelled, and i used to haul rock from a plant that was close to a sulfer mine!
Yeah eggs do stink that is a fact! When I was a kid my brother and I found a missed easter egg some two weeks old. It was seriously foul.

thats exactly how i found out, exept mine was like 8 r nine months after easter, it was under some trees where owls and ravens hang out, so i wondered if it was one of theres, it had no smell whatsoever to it but when i broke it, it exploded and omfg the stench lol

thats exactly how i found out, exept mine was like 8 r nine months after easter, it was under some trees where owls and ravens hang out, so i wondered if it was one of theres, it had no smell whatsoever to it but when i broke it, it exploded and omfg the stench lol
You know there's something wrong when a raven won't touch something. I am sure that was some serious stench grenade!

What about storing foods in soda bottles? Do I need to do anything special before storing the food?

Haha won't make that mistake again in a hurry lolol

What about storing foods in soda bottles? Do I need to do anything special before storing the food?
Nooooooooo!
You cant air seal a soda bottle, therefore you food will oxidize and rot.
Stick the food inna jar and heat the water till the top sucks in.
I do think, however, you can do this with the empty plastic fruit jars that have the air seal tops that are like the preservative jars.

Latest posts

Back