Ain't Scared....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome, prepping for hurricanes since i was a kid ( helping my prepper dad), my first was Camille.

welcome, prepping for hurricanes since i was a kid ( helping my prepper dad), my first was Camille.
Yep, prepping for hurricanes is a way of life here in south La. I guess the best thing is that once you prep the first time, you pretty much are prepped for good. We had a hurricane a few yrs. ago that left us out of utilities for 15 days. The good part of that is the ones with a little brains stocked up on gas, food, water, and batteries, so we were ready. We are about 30 to 40mi. from the coast so we don't to much worry about flooding. The only one that had a large tidal wave (80' high) was Audry, back in the 50's. The water didn't reach us. Now Katrina was a different story for my family and I. I had opened on office for my company Cajun Contractors) in New Orleans. We bought a place in Belle Chase,La. When Katrina hit, we had 8' of water in the house. It destroyed everything. So we lost everything there. I closed the office. So, from now on, if a hurricane hits I will be right here. We left Belle Chasse, La. two days before it hit. I know how strong this house is (I built it). I know it will withstand hurricane force winds. Well, off to see the grandbaby.

So, I want to say hello. I am aware, mostly though prep for hurricanes.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Should you have any questions please ask!
The members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Latest posts

Back