AHA!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
In February of 2020, I caught something from my wife who caught it at a class for Chinese teachers in Washington State.
At the time, you could not get a COVID test unless you had just arrived from China.
I've gone over the symptoms before, but I'll give the nutshell version: I was in bed for 5 weeks with many different symptoms.
When the antibody test was available I took it, and it came back negative, but that was months after I had been sick.
I have not known for sure whether or not I had COVID.
Then I stumbled across this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-molecule-for-covid-related-changes-to-smell
Parosmia - alteration of smell so that something that normally smells good, smells really bad.
Parosmia was rare before COVID. But it was a common symptom of COVID, you would lose your sense of smell, then when it came back some things smell wrong. They have identified one particular chemical that most often triggered parosmia in people with COVID - 2-furanmethanethiol - the primary smell of coffee.
I lost my taste and smell, and when it came back, coffee tasted TERRIBLE.
Ergo, I had COVID.

Another thing that can cause loss of sense of taste and smell is Vitamin D in excessive doses. I experienced this some years back when I doubled my D3 intake from 2000 mg a day to 5000 mg a day at my doctor's request. Out of the blue (I thought) I couldn't taste anything sweet or salty in any foods and some foods tasted a bit off to me as well. Taste and smell are closely related, and during this time, I and my husband noticed I also lost my appetite. Ate very little at meals. Since htat was the only thing that had changes, I started Googling and low and behold.........overdosing Vitam D can cause this. So I backed off to 2000 mg a day and I regained my taste, smell and appetite promptly in a few days.

Since Vitamin D was recommended early on in COVID-19 proactive protocols, I wondered if this phenomenon wasn't also at play for the smell/taste symptom associated with COVID. No evidence of this.....just my thoughts.

But does it cause parosmia?
I wasn't taking Vitamin D. This was February and March of 2020, and there was very little info about COVID at the time and what to take. WHO was still in denial when I got sick and would not call it a pandemic yet.
This is how early in the pandemic I got sick: About the time I got sick, they were reporting the first known case of someone in the U.S. with the virus that had not been to China or been exposed to someone that had just come from China.

I couldn't smell coffee when I had covid, but I drank some each morning. My issue was with phantom smells. Something that was not there, but smelled like something was burning. It'd even wake me up at night. Lasted a few weeks.
Yep, had those too. Pepper smell was one of them. Like I had gotten a snoot full of ground pepper. It got so bad one night I had a nightmare about the pepper smell.

I ran yelling into my granddaughter's room thinking it was burning. Also had the roadwork smell, like asphalt that is being put down.
My cousin, who is normally a coffee lover, could not stand the smell of it for a couple of months.

being WA state venue - probably a host of Chinese agents in that batch looking at anything plutonium enrichment ...

always a chance people like that will also be the State's guinea pigs for some nefarious new plot .....

I couldn't smell coffee when I had covid, but I drank some each morning. My issue was with phantom smells. Something that was not there, but smelled like something was burning. It'd even wake me up at night. Lasted a few weeks.

Funny you mention that.
I've had the same issue with the burning smell,along with a lot of symptoms that go with the vaxx.
Pain in my chest,shortness of breath a large blood clot in my thigh,which could very easily be blamed on a hip surgery.
I got the blood clot treated and the other symptoms went away on their own. I also developed an aversion to steak,as in it made me want to throw up when I attempted to eat it. That to has gone away as well.
I refused to take the jab but with all of the crooked shit going on who knows,they may have jabbed me while in the hospital for 5 hip surgeries.

I listened to a Ted Talk a while back where some young scientist type was bragging that they actually had an injection they could give to people that would make them "allergic" to red meat. Make them vomit if they ate it. I wondered about that when I had a niece visit who said she couldn't eat hamburger anymore, made her sick. I had covid December 2020. August 2021 I had pneumonia and was pretty sick. No vax.

Latest posts

Back