Hi, I'm new here, I've introduced myself on the forum earlier. I came to this site mostly for advice. I wouldn't really say I'm a prepper yet, but I think I want start because nuclear war is something I've always been terrified of going though. I've read a lot of PDFs and websites that explain how to prepare for a nuclear war, fallout, etc., but it seems that you would need to be fairly strong to do most of these things, like building a shelter. So here's the deal:
- I am a 28 year old woman, the youngest in my household and the only person in my household who is seriously considering prepping.
- I live with my grandma, who is fairly unhealthy, and my aunt who cannot get out of bed. I take care of both of them.
- The living conditions in my 100 year old house are awful. The basement is not a suitable place to build a shelter because ground water leaks in through the walls frequently. And I am not skilled in carpentry.
- I don't know if I can even afford supplies.
- There are no local fallout shelters in my area.
- The only weapon I have is a knife.